HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs play solid but lose 4-3 in Calgary

Old
10-06-2009, 10:42 PM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
First game of the year and no trainning camp. Cmon man...
Yeah but no way he would blame BGL or Stewart right ? It was all Chipchura's fault

If only Halak would have been more aggresive with the shooters from the blue line.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Habs

I felt the only good period was the third, with about 5 minutes of good play in the second.

Oh yeah, Hamrlik still sucks.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:43 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMailloux View Post
Chipchura gets his last shot at the NHL with the habs and...

He manage to be -3 in less than 5min of play...

Send him down to Hamilton don't give a damn if a team claim that slow, lazy, hearthless dude... Anyway Metropolit is 100 times better than Chip will ever be...
He definitely was not slow and heartless? The guy ****ing fought tonight.

Clearly you did not watch the game if you think any of those goals were his fault.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
pretty sure the other one was entirely stewarts fault x2. He managed to lose the puck twice inside 5 seconds.
Yeah, I was trying to remember the other goal but couldn't think of it. I think I blocked it out because Stewart barely looked like an ECHLer there.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdel Kostitsyn View Post
Chipchura says hi.

Mr. minus 3 himself disagrees.
Don't saw the game, but Chipchura played 4:55 minutes and -3. Laraque, 8:13 and -3 and finally Stewart, 4:50 and -2.

Wow..

I can understand for Chipchura, its his first game, but it looked like a terrible game.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

A lot of players played their best game of this young season tonight:

-Pleks (He was amazing in the third)

-Lats (and the whole third line)

-Gomez

-A.Kost (not that it was very hard to beat his first 2 performances but still he has some very nice shifts).

On the other hand...
The 4th line was...euh...bad.
Laraque and Chip: -3

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I felt the only good period was the third, with about 5 minutes of good play in the second.

Oh yeah, Hamrlik still sucks.
Missed the first?

We were good for the first and third.. and the second eh..

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:44 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:

Send him down to Hamilton don't give a damn if a team claim that slow, lazy, hearthless dude... Anyway Metropolit is 100 times better than Chip will ever be...
What the hell does this even mean ? When was the last time Lapps or Lats dropped their gloves them HEARTHLESS ******** !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jcpenny

Quote:

Wow you really hate him...He made nice plays to day and won some faceoffs. It didnt help him to play with Stewart and Laraque, playing his first game of the season, coming off shoulder surgery with no trainning camp. Haters...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HackandLube

I bet Cammelleri is out congratulating and partying with his old college teammate Nystrom (or Nyzerman as he calls him) right now.

I'm a Flames fan but Montreal is the only other jersey I own. Cammalleri, Gomez, Plekanec are amazing and dangerous. I wish Cammalleri was still on the Flames. You will enjoy him for the regular season. He's been a playmaker so far but he's really a sick goalscorer. Flames first line is anemic in comparison. Too bad you guys lost Markov for so long. I think you guys could have used Metropolit as well. With Price in net, Montreal could have won. The jersey combination tonight reminds me of 1986 and 1989.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-07-2009 at 12:31 AM.
HackandLube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old

Quote:
Chipchura gets his last shot at the NHL with the habs and...He manage to be -3 in less than 5min of play... Send him down to Hamilton don't give a damn if a team claim that slow, lazy, hearthless dude... Anyway Metropolit is 100 times better than Chip will ever be...
Why his last shot? I can guanrantee you that you`ll see Chipchura again. I don`t think the organization (justified or not) is ready to give up on a 23 year old 1st round draft pick. Let`s remember this was his first game this year, he didn`t play a single minute of preseason.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TankEller*

3-2 on this road trip and I'm all right with it. Play above .500 on a long road trip to enter the year with a brand new roster is more than decent.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:45 PM
tiredman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
Halak lovers are all in denial tonight ? We lost because he didn't make the big save like Price has been doing. That's it that's all !
Like if it's possible in the new NHL for the Calgary ****in Flames to play 60 minutes without a penalty ! NHL = Joke !
are we going to play that game for all the season ? halak plays a bad game => halak will never be a #1, laughing at halak lovers ?

And i don't say that because i'm a fan of halak. If it would have been Price who would have lost the game, I'm sure some of his bashers would be here having the same kind of reaction. A reaction that I do not approve for both goalies.

Halak didn't play well. Neither did Kiprusoff. I think we were unlucky tonight... We were beaten by a 4th liner.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
Yeah but no way he would blame BGL or Stewart right ? It was all Chipchura's fault

If only Halak would have been more aggresive with the shooters from the blue line.
I actually saw one goal and Chipchura was there, but it was Stewart who missed the pass.

I don't think we can blame Halak on those goal. Don't forget he is a second goaltender, he is not Price.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Gary320

So I guess I was the only one who was somewhat impressed with Chipchura? Yes -3.. but if you look at that, we can nitpick every player then..

Granted he looked weak sometimes, but this is a guy who had no pre-season, no training camp.. played in the AHL most of the time last year.. and now is line mates with two tough guys.. your expecting him to be the best player on the ice?

Give me a break.. he was fine tonight.

Old
10-06-2009, 10:47 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ado View Post
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Perezhogin
Pacioretty-Pleks-Radulov

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:47 PM
McNuts

This is the first time I ever see the Habs get zero powerplays. And there was at LEAST one occasion where we should've gotten one (interference on Gionta I think).

Does anyone else remember a game where the Habs got no powerplays?

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:48 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
This is the first time I ever see the Habs get zero powerplays.

Somehow, Bruins fans and Leafs fans will keep on saying the refs were on our side tonight

Old
10-06-2009, 10:48 PM
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
So I guess I was the only one who was somewhat impressed with Chipchura? Yes -3.. but if you look at that, we can nitpick every player then..

Granted he looked weak sometimes, but this is a guy who had no pre-season, no training camp.. played in the AHL most of the time last year.. and now is line mates with two tough guys.. your expecting him to be the best player on the ice?

I thought he was OK. I didn't notice any glaring problems of his leading directly to goals, I may have missed something though. He seemed alright at faceoffs, and I noticed a couple nice defensive plays. He also did quite well in that scrap, which impressed me.

I don't think the -3 was really indicative of his limited ice time/play. But nonetheless, he will not take that spot from Metro this year that's for sure. He will be there when Metro cannot though I'd assume.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Gary320

Quote:
This is the first time I ever see the Habs get zero powerplays. And there was at LEAST one occasion where we should've gotten one (interference on Gionta I think).

Wasnt there a game last year where there was no penaltys at all in the game?

Old
Turboflex*

Calgary wins thanks to refs

ref whistles down goal

no call on guy who runs ove rgionta at blueline in 3rd

terrible

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Pacioretty-Pleks-Radulov
So let's keep Pacioretty run around like a chicken with its head cut off on the 2nd line? Yeaaah... right.

Seriously, D'Agger was benched for much, much less. It's time to let him prove himself again...

Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

I was about to mention that ridiculous Carolina game last year where they got something like 13 straight powerplays and two 5-on-3s...but then I remembered we finally got one...and scored on it

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lucius

Random observations:

-Couldn't pinpoint what Weber was doing wrong, but it seemed the team got hemmed in everytime he was on the ice. Not sure if that's bad luck or his fault. While Mara had a good game, I think they should have paired Weber with Hamrlik.

-Cammy continues to impress me with his ability to generate turnovers (in the good way).

-Gill has to stop doing that spin back move. He doesn't have the speed.

-Halak was medicore, but given it's his first action, I didn't expect much more.

-Chipchura should challenge Gill and Laraque to a skating contest. I think it would be fair.

-Kostitsyn had his best game of the season. Seemed to care. That's a good sign.

-Gionta was as quiet as we've seen him. I found Gomez to be the least visible in games one and two. Tonight, didn't notice Gionta much.

-Pacioretty, despite what people are saying, I think had his best game of the season. Nothing spectacular and maybe could still use some AHL time, but he showed improvement tonight, as did the entire second line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Calgary wins thanks to refs

ref whistles down goal

no call on guy who runs ove rgionta at blueline in 3rd

terrible
Oh shush. The refs clearly pocketed the whistles in both directions tonight.

I hate the inconsistency and it was a poorly reffed game, but both teams were playing by the same rules unlike some nights, so that's a start.

And they didn't blow down a goal. Not only was the shot way after the whistle, but the Flame D stopped it.

The refs were not the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post

He was slow and not terribly effective.

But you're right, that's not his fault. He had no camp, no pre-season... just thrown in there.

Yet for some reason, we're sending Bergeron to the AHL for conditioning. Why the hell wasn't Chips given a conditioning stint too? It's not a slap against him, he was put in an unfair spot tonight.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tiredman

As for Chipchura, I thought he played well... and I think his -3 doesn't really show what happened on the ice tonight.

I thought he made good passes, he was surprisingly faster than I thought and won a fight.

However, Martin didn't seem to be really happy of him. He benched him for the entire period I think... I just hope the team isn't going to waive him after 1 game. Give him a real chance with better linemates than Laraque and Stewart.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote