HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs play solid but lose 4-3 in Calgary

Old
10-06-2009, 10:50 PM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
I actually saw one goal and Chipchura was there, but it was Stewart who missed the pass.

I don't think we can blame Halak on those goal. Don't forget he is a second goaltender, he is not Price.
Well after last season in here i thought that Halak was number #1 ?
Weren't there a whole bunch of posters here during the pre season stating that they weren't sure if the #1 goalie was Halak or Price ?
I just find it hilarious how they disappear when he doesn't play so well. Don't get me wrong i wouldn't trade Halak right now but he is NO #1 goalie in the NHL.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:50 PM
zx81

So anyone knows if 1 minor penalty in a game is a modern-era record ?

Personally I don't think I have ever seen a game with no powerplay.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:52 PM
KingGallagherXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
So anyone knows if 1 minor penalty in a game is a record of the modern era ?

Haven't ever seen one either and I'm 99% sure it's a record since the lockout.

KingGallagherXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
Well after last season in here i thought that Halak was number #1 ?
Weren't there a whole bunch of posters here during the pre season stating that they weren't sure if the #1 goalie was Halak or Price ?
I just find it hilarious how they disappear when he doesn't play so well. Don't get me wrong i wouldn't trade Halak right now but he is NO #1 goalie in the NHL.
As an outside sane observer who loves both of our goalies I find it insane that a bunch of numb-skulls have to bring this up after every game.

"WHERE ARE THE XXX FANS NOW?! HA!"

Ugh, so childish. It's especially prevalent with our goalies though... Take a step back people and just be happy for them together. It's not a war. We have two great young goalies, let's be happy for them. (Not going to happen - ever. I know. Wishful thinking.)

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
I actually saw one goal and Chipchura was there, but it was Stewart who missed the pass.

I don't think we can blame Halak on those goal. Don't forget he is a second goaltender, he is not Price.
He is too deep in the net on that last goal. The puck was at the blue line, he shouldnt be that deep in his net.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Slippy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMailloux View Post
Chipchura gets his last shot at the NHL with the habs and...

He manage to be -3 in less than 5min of play...

Send him down to Hamilton don't give a damn if a team claim that slow, lazy, hearthless dude... Anyway Metropolit is 100 times better than Chip will ever be...
Did you even WATCH the game? Pathetic.

Slippy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:53 PM
25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
So I guess I was the only one who was somewhat impressed with Chipchura? Yes -3.. but if you look at that, we can nitpick every player then..

Granted he looked weak sometimes, but this is a guy who had no pre-season, no training camp.. played in the AHL most of the time last year.. and now is line mates with two tough guys.. your expecting him to be the best player on the ice?

Give me a break.. he was fine tonight.
No you are not alone. I'm with you!

25th is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
man, weber had a fine game, whats everyone complaining about?

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy13 View Post
Did you even WATCH the game? Pathetic.
We'll give Chip some games to get back in shape but yes... he was totally brutal.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
man, weber had a fine game, whats everyone complaining about?
People are being so picky. If we won, no one would be saying any of this.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Quiet Robert

Thread title is misleading. The Habs work ethic was solid, but their play was anything but solid save for the final 10 minutes of the 3rd period.

Habs were outplayed for large chunks of this game and all 4 lines had a lot of trouble in our zone with breakouts, clearing attempts and covering Flames forwards. In general I'd say the work ethic was there, but there wasn't a lot of cohesion or "solid play" shown tonight. Most goals were scored against us because the Flames had a lot of possession in our zone and got pucks to the net. This happened against every line, it just so happened that the bounces went against our 4th line.

Individually I liked what Andrei brought in the 3rd period. He needs to keep doing that; working and moving his legs will make the game some much easier for him. Plekanec has been playing well this year. He's not afraid to mix it up in the corners and along the boards, which is great to see.

3rd line worked hard but other than the Lats goal they created very little offence, they couldn't establish much of a forecheck and their defensive play wasn't the best. But they were physical along the boards and they were working hard so that's always a positive. I like this line a lot and like I said they worked hard, but again I wouldn't really say played all that "solid."

4th line I'm willing to cut some slack. They started out very strong but as the game wore on they were less and less effective. People need to ease up on Chipchura. He showed some good things and you can't blame Nystrom's hattrick on him, though it is true his statline isn't pretty. Very good fight early on and offensively he made some good plays.

Laraque had some good hits but seemed to tire as the game wore on. Stewart, again I think people need to ease up. He certainly wasn't the reason we lost and if he can keep his game simple and work hard he's solid guy to have on your 4th line.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

cant wait for the boys to come home.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
So let's keep Pacioretty run around like a chicken with its head cut off on the 2nd line? Yeaaah... right.

Seriously, D'Agger was benched for much, much less. It's time to let him prove himself again...
It could be a combinaison. However, I think like you do that Pacioretty should be sent down to the AHL for the year.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:56 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
No PPs, geez, even if Bergeron was in the lineup his ice time would still be 0:00 mins played

Props to Chipchura for fighting in his first game back, Gomez skates like the wind, Moen is the next Mike Keane, and Gill should be nicknamed K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid)

gohabsgo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsWRC View Post
cant wait for the boys to come home.
Yeah seriously. That's usually where we see the good Habs. When's the last time the Habs started a season on a 5 game road trip, if ever?

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
As for Chipchura, I thought he played well... and I think his -3 doesn't really show what happened on the ice tonight.

I thought he made good passes, he was surprisingly faster than I thought and won a fight.

However, Martin didn't seem to be really happy of him. He benched him for the entire period I think... I just hope the team isn't going to waive him after 1 game. Give him a real chance with better linemates than Laraque and Stewart.
Don't worry. JM isn't bipolar, stupid, or panicky like so many posters on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
So anyone knows if 1 minor penalty in a game is a modern-era record ?

We should have had a couple of PP's. Gomez took a cross-check from a Flames D-man to the face and Gionta got interfered with at the Flames blue-line during a Habs rush. On the other hand, Lats could have easily had a boarding penalty. I don't know what was with the zebras but I find they have really been letting a lot go so far this year. If that's the way they are being directed to call it this year, it's a disadvantage to our small, speedy forwards.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:58 PM
number 11

tough loss, our passing on the first 2 lines was incredible, the new guys were clicking very well and plekanec really showing what he can do out there. this loss came down to our 4th line unable to play in our zone and a couple of lucky bounces by calgary.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Slippy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
We'll give Chip some games to get back in shape but yes... he was totally brutal.
I completely disagree with you. Chips was a victim of horrid linemate play tonight. Namely Stewart. Otherwise, he played a pretty average game.

Slippy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 11:00 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMailloux View Post
Chipchura gets his last shot at the NHL with the habs and...

He manage to be -3 in less than 5min of play...

Send him down to Hamilton don't give a damn if a team claim that slow, lazy, hearthless dude... Anyway Metropolit is 100 times better than Chip will ever be...
Look at his linemates and wonder why he was a -3 tonight, Laraque and Stewart. He didn't look as bad as the -3 made him look, that's like saying Nystrom will be a 50 goal scorer this year because of his trick tonight (2 of them were lucky deflections off his stick he didn't even try to direct).

Patches looked bad early, looked a lot better later on as did AK.

We were all over them in the 1st, we just didn't carry it over into the 3rd. This team has speed and speed kills, but it is obvious we need some size in the top six because Moen made a difference on the AK and Pleks line when Patches was sat for his early mistakes.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Ross MacLochness

Not much to complain about. Hell of a lot better than I thought it would be.

There are a few Carboish traits I still see that I don't like. But we worked hard and the team supports each other on the break out 100X better than we ever did under Carbo.

AKost showin signs of life, very refreshing. Needs to keep improving and scoring or we're ****ed. Can show some nasty hands and moves at times. Him and Plek might need another winger.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I don't know what was with the zebras but I find they have really been letting a lot go so far this year. If that's the way they are being directed to call it this year, it's a disadvantage to our small, speedy forwards.
I dunno... Even though they're small, they aren't soft, and they have the tenacity to work through these things. I didn't see Gionta or Cammy giving up on any plays tonight; in fact, they seemed to work harder to try and get chances. They've got the heart to make any situation work for them.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 11:02 PM
KingGallagherXI

It wasn't Chipchura's fault on the first goal unlike what Brunet said. He was in his player's face the whole time, Nystrom just kept the puck away and fired it. What the hell was Chip supposed to do? Maybe dive on him or something.

On the second goal, Stewart missed the pass which was a good pass, maybe an inch too long but it was a sloppy play from Stewart.

I don't think Chipchura played a bad game. Brunet is an idiot; it wasn't Chip's fault at all on the first one.

KingGallagherXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 11:02 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
Thread title is misleading. The Habs work ethic was solid, but their play was anything but solid save for the final 10 minutes of the 3rd period.

Habs were outplayed for large chunks of this game and all 4 lines had a lot of trouble in our zone with breakouts, clearing attempts and covering Flames forwards. In general I'd say the work ethic was there, but there wasn't a lot of cohesion or "solid play" shown tonight. Most goals were scored against us because the Flames had a lot of possession in our zone and got pucks to the net. This happened against every line, it just so happened that the bounces went against our 4th line.

Individually I liked what Andrei brought in the 3rd period. He needs to keep doing that; working and moving his legs will make the game some much easier for him. Plekanec has been playing well this year. He's not afraid to mix it up in the corners and along the boards, which is great to see.

3rd line worked hard but other than the Lats goal they created very little offence, they couldn't establish much of a forecheck and their defensive play wasn't the best. But they were physical along the boards and they were working hard so that's always a positive. I like this line a lot and like I said they worked hard, but again I wouldn't really say played all that "solid."

4th line I'm willing to cut some slack. They started out very strong but as the game wore on they were less and less effective. People need to ease up on Chipchura. He showed some good things and you can't blame Nystrom's hattrick on him, though it is true his statline isn't pretty. Very good fight early on and offensively he made some good plays.

Laraque had some good hits but seemed to tire as the game wore on. Stewart, again I think people need to ease up. He certainly wasn't the reason we lost and if he can keep his game simple and work hard he's solid guy to have on your 4th line.
That shift they scored from the point Stewart missed on two passes to get it out, how can you not say he was responsible for that?

Old
10-06-2009, 11:04 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
It wasn't Chipchura's fault on the first goal unlike what Brunet said. He was in his player's face the whole time. On the second goal, Stewart missed the pass which was a good pass, maybe an inch too long but it was a sloppy play from Stewart.

I don't think Chupchura played a bad game. Brunet is an idiot; it wasn't Chip's fault at all on the first one.
I know, I was listening to Brunet and it was totally obvious Stewart misplayed the pass and he is saying Chip...that guy is awful to listen to and you would think being a former player would have a better feel and understanding of the game.

Old
10-06-2009, 11:06 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
Not much to complain about. Hell of a lot better than I thought it would be.

There are a few Carboish traits I still see that I don't like. But we worked hard and the team supports each other on the break out 100X better than we ever did under Carbo.

AKost showin signs of life, very refreshing. Needs to keep improving and scoring or we're ****ed. Can show some nasty hands and moves at times. Him and Plek might need another winger.
Thinking the same. It isnt a coincidence that this line started to look better as a whole when Moen was put with them for a few shifts in the 2nd.

Not a knock on Pacioretty, he'll be fine long term but he's just not ready yet.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote