HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Who is this Malkin guy?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-10-2004, 09:11 PM
  #26
anguscertified
HFB Partner
 
anguscertified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum1winachampionship
So what are good stats in that league? Is a point per game unheard of there or what
Seems like it.

anguscertified is offline  
Old
11-11-2004, 12:18 AM
  #27
Luigi Lemieux
Registered User
 
Luigi Lemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum1winachampionship
So what are good stats in that league? Is a point per game unheard of there or what
the stats in the rsl have me baffled. a guy like kovalchuk is struggling with 5 goals, 10 pts in something like 18 games, where someone like pavel rosa has like 13 goals. both malkin and ovechkin are doing quite well in a league that has been infused with quite a bit of NHL talent.

Luigi Lemieux is offline  
Old
11-11-2004, 12:29 AM
  #28
Russian_fanatic
Registered User
 
Russian_fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Metamorphosis
the stats in the rsl have me baffled. a guy like kovalchuk is struggling with 5 goals, 10 pts in something like 18 games, where someone like pavel rosa has like 13 goals. both malkin and ovechkin are doing quite well in a league that has been infused with quite a bit of NHL talent.
A way different league... RSL is more defensive, but very exciting. To play in the RSL it takes time to adapt... Give Kovalchuk sometime, he hasn't been in the Russian league for a while.

Russian_fanatic is offline  
Old
11-11-2004, 12:57 AM
  #29
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Harrison
Huh?
Read it again. This time with feeeeeeering.

__________________
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
Legionnaire is offline  
Old
11-11-2004, 01:17 AM
  #30
Jacob
Registered User
 
Jacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 25,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera
Glad to hear it.


Did you go to the games? Or is there a website where I can see some links?


I Saw him in person at the Draft and he's really thin. He couldn't have topped 200 on his frame soaking wet.
Slay had a few on his server from this season. Don't recall the links, but they're in the Russia forum somewhere.

Jacob is online now  
Old
11-11-2004, 03:26 AM
  #31
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakian#13
hopefully Frolov can take best LW this year.
I rather see him win the scoring title.

My entire season is focussed on that.

Frolov 6'3 is offline  
Old
11-11-2004, 06:31 AM
  #32
Reilly311
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
regardless of how low Kovalchuks stats are, I don't think anyone is going to put his potential into question.

Reilly311 is offline  
Old
11-11-2004, 07:48 AM
  #33
Riggs
Kaptain
 
Riggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 3,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Slay had a few on his server from this season. Don't recall the links, but they're in the Russia forum somewhere.
The links are in the Metallurg Mg. - Spartak thread in the Russian forum.

Riggs is offline  
Old
11-11-2004, 07:56 AM
  #34
Crossroads*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly311
regardless of how low Kovalchuks stats are, I don't think anyone is going to put his potential into question.
Says Captain Obvious.

Crossroads* is offline  
Old
11-11-2004, 07:59 AM
  #35
Smart Alek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Turkmenistan
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera
Did you go to the games? Or is there a website where I can see some links?
I've watched his last three games and am very impressed by his play. He has excellent hands, good speed, and strong hockey sense... I've seen a couple 'Gretzky-type' passes from him that fool even the recievers.

As impressed as I've been with Ovechkin for years, I do now think it possible that Malkin could have a similar long term impact. Surely, the Penguins were not the 'losers' in a true sense after the lottery.

(Note: All of Mettalurg's home games can be watched live at www.mettalurg.ru... only the quality is less than good if you're not near Russia, and it can be hard to get back on if you're disconnected well into a game.)

Smart Alek is offline  
Old
11-11-2004, 10:36 AM
  #36
likea
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Alek
I've watched his last three games and am very impressed by his play. He has excellent hands, good speed, and strong hockey sense... I've seen a couple 'Gretzky-type' passes from him that fool even the recievers.

As impressed as I've been with Ovechkin for years, I do now think it possible that Malkin could have a similar long term impact. Surely, the Penguins were not the 'losers' in a true sense after the lottery.

(Note: All of Mettalurg's home games can be watched live at www.mettalurg.ru... only the quality is less than good if you're not near Russia, and it can be hard to get back on if you're disconnected well into a game.)

hey, can u finish that link for us

likea is offline  
Old
11-11-2004, 11:28 PM
  #37
Smart Alek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Turkmenistan
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by likea
hey, can u finish that link for us
Sorry... I had spelt it wrong... it's www.metallurg.ru... at game time, the first story on the site will be the streaming video. Just click on the 'clickable' part of the story and it will open up your Realplayer.

You can get the schedule for their games at www.rushockey.com... (the teams on the left of the schedule are the home teams).

Smart Alek is offline  
Old
11-12-2004, 02:16 AM
  #38
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 8,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly311
regardless of how low Kovalchuks stats are, I don't think anyone is going to put his potential into question.

bust...

Vatican Roulette is offline  
Old
11-22-2004, 05:31 PM
  #39
Slay
Registered User
 
Slay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Krasnoyarsk
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
Malkin's goal and assist in today's Metallurg victory over CSKA 2-0:
http://alexovechkin.narod.ru/video/m...a_22.11.04.wmv

Slay is offline  
Old
11-22-2004, 11:28 PM
  #40
Kaizer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Moscow , Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay
Malkin's goal and assist in today's Metallurg victory over CSKA 2-0:
http://alexovechkin.narod.ru/video/m...a_22.11.04.wmv
Thanks a lot

Kaizer is offline  
Old
11-23-2004, 12:24 AM
  #41
Jacob
Registered User
 
Jacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 25,864
vCash: 500
Slay is a swell guy.

Jacob is online now  
Old
11-23-2004, 08:03 AM
  #42
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,296
vCash: 500
Thanks slay for the clip. Malkin reminds me so much of Mats Sundin back when he was with Quebec. It seems like he has the same type of attitude too and will make for C material in the future.

#66 is offline  
Old
11-23-2004, 04:37 PM
  #43
Jacques Plante
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal--Downtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
I remember hearing Pierre Mcguire talk about Kovalchuk a couple of weeks ago. He said that the reason Kovalchuk isn't scoring is because he isn't working. As much as I love watching his exciting style, I have to believe Pierre is right. Illya has had a few run-ins with Hartley already.

Jacques Plante is offline  
Old
11-23-2004, 04:41 PM
  #44
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer
Thanks a lot
Hey Kaizer, have you posted a message on the CSKA Moscow website ?

Frolov 6'3 is offline  
Old
11-23-2004, 11:53 PM
  #45
Kaizer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Moscow , Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3
Hey Kaizer, have you posted a message on the CSKA Moscow website ?
Only few times


Last edited by Kaizer: 11-24-2004 at 12:03 AM.
Kaizer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.