Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Mika Pyörälä

Old
08-28-2009, 07:07 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Mika Pyörälä

Hey guys. I am a Flyers fan and I am trying to get some info on him, other then highlights. What do you guys see in him? Could he play 3rd maybe in 2nd line on the Flyers. Our lineups are constantly different, but here might be some assumption.

Gagne-Richards-Briere
Hartnell-Carter- ???
???-Giroux-????
Carcillo-Powe-Asham

OR

Gagne-Richards-????
Hartnell-Carter-???
???-Giroux-Briere
Carcillo-Powe-Asham

To fill in those slots we have Lappiere, Pyörälä, and maybe moving one of our 4th guys up or a rookie. Can he play next to Carter? Would he be fine next to Giroux or is he just a 4th line guy on the Flyers? Any info would be great!

Thanks

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 01:42 AM
gib

He is 3rd/4th line quy. Ocassinally he could play in 2nd line, but his offensive talent is not enough to play there regulary. He is not enough constant point scorer for NHL level. Sometimes he fades away to the point it is hard to notice him on the ice. Always plays his defense and works hard.

gib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Finnpin

His potential is a defensive 3rd liner with some offense. I hope he gets a chance in Philly and delivers it.

Poor man's Jere Lehtinen.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 09:49 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Thanks guys. So far he is doing really well at camp. Alot of us hope he makes it.

Quote:
The first thing you need to know about Finnish winger Mika Pyorala is how to pronounce his name.

Phonetically, he said, it’s “Peir-rella.”

The second thing you need to know about the 28-year-old from Oulu, Finland, is that he caught the coaching staff’s eyes Sunday afternoon during two-on-two corner drills where he demonstrated surprising strength at just 5-foot-11 and 169 pounds.

“He is a very conditioned athlete,” said coach John Stevens. “He’s a compacted-built guy, who is strong on the puck. His fitness scores are excellent… (he is) a very well-rounded player who has a skill level to make some strong plays along the wall and contribute offensively.”

And that may be why Stevens has had him on the wing with Jeff Carter and Scott Hartnell during training camp scrimmages. That line may play Wednesday in Detroit when the Flyers open preseason.
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...051&feedID=704

Old
09-15-2009, 07:33 AM
gib

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Thanks guys. So far he is doing really well at camp. Alot of us hope he makes it.

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...051&feedID=704
Thank you sa cryed for posting that link. Nice read.

Huh, I did not expected Pyörälä to play with Carter even in training camp. Flyers organisation is giving Pyörälä real chance to prove himself.

gib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Yzerplan
I has one.

Any updates on him throughout pre-season would be very much appreciated.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 08:16 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Well so far he has looked... average. Thats not a knock on him though. Our team has been doing pretty bad. You can see flashes of his skill throughout the game but you can tell he needs to get used to the NHL rink. I think he still will have a chance to start next to Carter-Hartnell. They were the best line in camp, but once preseason started, they put him next to Giroux-Briere. His playing style fits Carts-Harts alot better. All together out of 10 Id rate him a 6. He never makes any mistakes, which you need on a team. He does make some nice passes also. Most of us like him though.

Old
09-24-2009, 08:27 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Pyo with the OT winner today. Past 2 games he has 3 points.

Old
09-25-2009, 01:46 AM
Finnpin

Good for Mika!

How has his defensive game looked like? Many fans don't see it like for example the coaches.

If Stevens sends this guy to the minors he is more stupid than I thought Let's see...

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 03:40 AM
Gabranth
#19 #88

Fourth liner or AHL player....

Gabranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 08:06 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Good for Mika!

How has his defensive game looked like? Many fans don't see it like for example the coaches.

If Stevens sends this guy to the minors he is more stupid than I thought Let's see...
Very good. Always the first forward back and plays very solidly. At the moment, we have1 problem in we might have to keep only one of JVR or Pyorala. We hope they keep both.

Oh and Gabranth, if he is just a fourth line guy or ahl guy, our team is in deep shyt. He has been on of the better forwards on the team, hence why he is playing next to Richards, Giroux, and Carter. He has 3 points in 4 games, 3rd/4th place on the team (We have one guy with 5 points, and two guys with 4 points)

Old
09-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Tony Piscotta
Hockey's Future Staff

Stevens' assessment

About a week old but here was Stevens' assessment of him - taken from the Flyers' website.

“It seems like he’s well rounded at both ends of the rink, he’s got a skill level where he can make plays,” he said. “We’ve used him killing penalties and he’s done a good job there, and we’ve used him a little bit on the power play.

“He seems like a lot of the Finnish guys where they can play in a lot of different situations. This is my first time seeing him and we’re pleasantly surprised.”

While he’s looked good in practice, Stevens thinks Pyorala has to be a little bit more intuitive during game action.

“I think the game gets revved up a little bit and you have to do things a little bit quicker, but for any hockey player when you have hesitation it’s not good. You want to react and push the pace all the time and do things instinctively, and if you have to think or hesitate than it’s probably already too late.”

Yes, he indeed had the game winner in a 2-1 OT win last night against New Jersey.

The local newspapers seem to be impressed so it'll be interesting to see how things pan out.

Tony Piscotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 08:21 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Well, first season game today for the Flyers. Pyorala made the starting lineup, and is playing next to Gagne-Richards on the second line. He has 4 points this preseason (I think in 5 games) and has played very well (also was second on the team in points, tied with accouple other players). He scored 2 goals on 2 of the best goalies in the league both snipers in the upper corner. Some of us didnt know he had such good accuracy.

Old
10-02-2009, 08:47 AM
idle hand

Pyörälä has potential be second line player in flyers. He is good skater, good two-way player and can also scores. I think he will play good with Gagne and Richards.

idle hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Gabranth
#19 #88

My prediction is that he'll get 5g+5a this year

Old
10-07-2009, 08:11 AM
4rde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabranth View Post
My prediction is that he'll get 5g+5a this year
Geez this is the worst troll i've seen in a while

Pyorala's getting ok icetime, im glad to see they didnt throw him to the minors because thats not where he belongs.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 04:26 AM
Gabranth
#19 #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post
Geez this is the worst troll i've seen in a while

Pyorala's getting ok icetime, im glad to see they didnt throw him to the minors because thats not where he belongs.
Troll, me? Nooo...

I already warned that he is 4th liner/Ahl guy... and right now he is standing at ZERO points

Old
10-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Tony Piscotta
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Troll, me? Nooo...

I already warned that he is 4th liner/Ahl guy... and right now he is standing at ZERO points

Hardly a 4th liner - he had quite a bit of ice time against both New Jersey and Washington. And it's funny to listen to North American announcers try and pronounce his name - I don't think I've heard it pronounced the same way by two announcers yet.

Tony Piscotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 03:28 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Troll, me? Nooo...

haha youre trolling here too....GET SOME FRIENDS

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote