HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

10/07/09 - Habs lose 7-1 to Canucks: Your Evaluation

Old
10-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Okay.. tonights game really sucker. I honestly expected a L, but not this bad..Especially when you know, you lost because of you.. not because the other team was better than you.

As a player, you cant really think about this game too long.. Sleep on it, wake up tommorow and work during practice. These games happen... its collective crap decisions but its part of the game. Rather it happens now, then when it matters...

As a fan who isn't going to jump off the bandwagon.. This is only game 4.. there is ALOT of hockey to be played.

I just hope there is a leader in that locker room who stands up tonight.. This team really needs a leader before the opening game...

Lets play well vs Edmontons and come back home with a W!

Another downer to the night.. my teacher said she was going to cancell class tommorow.. and well.. so far nothing. OMG.

FML!>_>

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Aznrx8

Guys why are guys shocked? Each years for the past 10 years or so it as always been the same thing no matter what player was on the team. We suck really badly each time we went on our western canada tourney. The only team that we had a chance against were the Oilers. I dont even remember when was our last win at the Canucks arena and the Flames one

It doesnt help that we have a new coach new system and new players also

don't panic we are still 2-2

Hopefully Carey doesnt lose confidence

Aznrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AIRic

I hope Jacques Martin show them how they lost battle along the boards, made some soft passes, had a poor fore check, and simply not playing as a group tonight.

AIRic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Weird that the Habs always seem to get blown up by the Canucks. Is there some sort of match-up problem?

To be honest, I feel you can't actually evaluate a whole lot out of a blowout -- either way, though it's more fun to be on the winning side. Hockey games have a way of going rapidly out of control.
we suck on the pacific time zone. For the players their body is telling them its 10 pm while the opponents are in their normal time. When Eastern teams go west the games really should be moved up to 5:30 or 6 local time.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Hermamoud

Martin should take a page out of Carbo's book and take the players bowling in Edmonton. That should put them back on track.

Oh wait...

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:44 PM
freezie

im hoping the ebarrassment will be a wakeup call and that price will be in net as they take it out on the oilers.

freezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:45 PM
tiredman

this team has huge problems.

only one good line.
3 3rd/4th lines.
lack of depth offensively.
slow defensemans.
team not physical at all.
huge contracts to some players.
hal gill.
and our goalies who aren't playing great so far.
oh, and gainey is still our gm.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lucius

Weber was weak in his own zone and for some god awful reason, Martin decided not to use him on the PP... which is kind of the whole point with him. Tough game.

Bergeron should be in Edmonton on Saturday. Look for Weber to sit.

Gill needs to learn to put the puck off the boards and out. Other than that, he's a fine bottom pair guy. Not sure why he keeps holding it.

Price was fine. Not a single bad goal in the seven. Not often you can say that.

Everyone else sucked.

Midgets were not great...

Second line was invisible save the goal.

Lapierre continues to be invisible... although Latendresse didn't play poorly.

I actually like the effort of the 4th line tonight. Chipchura looked better and Laraque was fine for what he is.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shealy04

I'm just as shell-shocked after watching that as the next guy, but let's keep things in perspective here... boys ran out of gas in back-to-back games. Not excuse for just how poor the guys played in front of Price tonight, but they will bounce back against Edmonton Saturday night.

Price MUST start Saturday night... what message does if send if you don't start him coming off two SUPERB games and one awful game where he was completely stranded by his team? He shouldn't have to wear this game, and if you come back with Halak against the Oilers that's exactly what you are saying to him. Chuck him back in there against The Oil and let him steal another one for us!

Players who should be in Hamilton right now:
-MaxPac
-D'Agostini
-Weber
-Chipchura
-Stewart

Frig I wish we had Sergei in our lineup... I almost don't blame him for being pissed that he was cut... look at the way the young talent is playing who made the team. Our depth is looking awful at the moment, and if we have to trade Sergei for a 2nd it's only going to look that much worse. Can we eat humble pie and call him up for Saturday?

I honestly think 2/3 our second line was looked decent the last two games (actually VERY impressed with Pleks, and Andrei is showing life). MaxPac, D'Ago are not the answer on that line so why the hell not... call up Sergei and let him do his thing.

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Okay, We should all take a breathe and not panic. thats better, right?

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Well Price didn't exactly play better than the team in front of him. The whole team blew a good 12 inches tonight.
Seriously ? Price played way better than anyone on the habs. To even lump him into the same group of lack luster effort is pure ignorance.

Pathetic display. No heart and no emotion. We only applied pressure on powerplays ? Pretty much our only emotion comes from the 4th.

Vancouver is nailing our players, but none of ours decide to finish a hit ? Pathetic. Way to leave Carey out to dry.

With that said, it was a pathetic performance, but this is still a team trying to get use to each other. So, this terrible performance is forgiven, but won't be forgiven much longer. I say Price against the Oliers. I hope they come out fired up and hungry.

We need a big physical player with skill. If Pacioretty isn't going to play two 6 minutes, send him down.

Also, all the pp goals scored, Gill was never on the ice for a second of pk time on them. Unless Gill was just on the ice, or took the penalty, it's plain idiotic to not start Gill on the pk.

Chipchura looked better.

If Weber isn't going to be used on the pp, you might as well bring in Carle, or someone else.

Come on, boys. Next game come out with some fire.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:46 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheKingsMen View Post
you guys are really lucky i find
That's the problem. Being lucky won't carry the team very far.

Not that I'd call any game segment where a player of Markov's caliber is lost for 4 months "lucky", but the Habs are indeed lucky to have 4 points.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticEntity View Post
This team's confidence appears to still be very fragile. Yikes.
There is a difference between lacking confidence and running out of gas. Habs were tired tonight. You knew the Canucks were going to be on a mission after starting 0 and 3.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shealy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Martin should take a page out of Carbo's book and take the players bowling in Edmonton. That should put them back on track.

Oh wait...
This!!! Great call, that's exactly the morale booster this team needs! I love it!

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ross MacLochness

Bring back Surgei.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

With alot of back to back games this year....this will be the result on most nights...A big win Saturday night and I think the majority of people wouldve taken a 3-2 start on the five game trip.... I know I would have

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kovaless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
It's one game. The team was out of gas from the travel and a high tempo game in Calgary last night. We're two and two on the road with a new coach and a team that still isn't used to playing together.

We win in Edmonton Saturday night behind Price.
I don't buy that excuse that the team is out of gas. Boo hoo, they had to play back to back games. Poor Habs. I get paid millions to play a game, and I can't even play two nights in a row? I don't feel sorry for them. Must be the jet lag form the LONG plane ride. If that's the case, then perhaps some conditioning is in order? The team needs to suck it up. That really was a poor effort. They didn't do one thing right this game

They all sucked. And yes, Price sucked too. Who cares if it was in front of his family. I don't feel sorry for him. He should feel privileged just to get to play in the NHL. Some times it doesn't look like these guys care. If I performed at work like these guys performed on the ice tonight I'd probably get fired.

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cupmonger

ANDREI KOSTITSYN SCORED guys!!!!! YAY!!!! WOOT!!!!

Only real positive note tonight. I thought the first line was dangerous (not as much as last night though), but couldn't catch a break.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:48 PM
tiredman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
You officially have the shortest memory in the history of HFBoards.

Congrats. That's a real accomplishment.
really ? 50% of the games isn't what I would call "playing great".

Unless you mean Price and Halak played well in the two last games?

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Native

van had their way with us. we only a handful of anything considered to be sustained offensive pressure. times we get caught in our own end, its always from slow retrieval or half-assed attempt at clearing with no real support.

we have to learn how to adapt to an opponents defensive game. not many times we were able to generate speed through the neutral zone so we should have dumped deep and chase. if it ever did happen, we hardly were their first.

weber is not ready and never saw his booming shot. i don't even recall if he actually was used on the pp, never heard his named mentioned. maxpac is struggling too and is not ready for top 2 line duty.

i'm hoping metro will be back next game. he makes that 4th line. chips was ok down low so i wouldn't mind him on the wing.

let's let this one go and move on. after showing promise in calgary, this one was a real stinker.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by shealy04 View Post
Price MUST start Saturday night... what message does if send if you don't start him coming off two SUPERB games and one awful game where he was completely stranded by his team? He shouldn't have to wear this game, and if you come back with Halak against the Oilers that's exactly what you are saying to him.
Agreed. Halak is my favorite goalie, but Martin has to go with Price for the next game. If he sucks against Edmonton then I'd go with Jaro if he plays well since he's shown he can win behind this particular brand of "defense", at least in the short term, but this game was not Carey's fault at all. The puck is always in our end and our defense is useless.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Schooner Guy

The Detroit Red Wings are 0 and 2!!!!!

OH MY GAWD!!!!!

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Inked87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Seriously ? Price played way better than anyone on the habs. To even lump him into the same group of lack luster effort is pure ignorance.

Pathetic display. No heart and no emotion. We only applied pressure on powerplays ? Pretty much our only emotion comes from the 4th.

Vancouver is nailing our players, but none of ours decide to finish a hit ? Pathetic. Way to leave Carey out to dry.

With that said, it was a pathetic performance, but this is still a team trying to get use to each other. So, this terrible performance is forgiven, but won't be forgiven much longer. I say Price against the Oliers. I hope they come out fired up and hungry.

We need a big physical player with skill. If Pacioretty isn't going to play two 6 minutes, send him down.

Also, all the pp goals scored, Gill was never on the ice for a second of pk time on them. Unless Gill was just on the ice, or took the penalty, it's plain idiotic to not start Gill on the pk.

Chipchura looked better.

If Weber isn't going to be used on the pp, you might as well bring in Carle, or someone else.

Come on, boys. Next game come out with some fire.
Yes I don't know how someone could say otherwise

Inked87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:50 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
There is a difference between lacking confidence and running out of gas. Habs were tired tonight. You knew the Canucks were going to be on a mission after starting 0 and 3.
Out of gas already? It's just one back to back. A loss, okay. But this was a blowout.

Hopefully, they'll shake it off, but why is this happening four games into the season? That was a pathetic performance. I thought having Martin was supposed to stop this crap.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:50 PM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Weber was weak in his own zone and for some god awful reason, Martin decided not to use him on the PP... which is kind of the whole point with him. Tough game.

Bergeron should be in Edmonton on Saturday. Look for Weber to sit.

Gill needs to learn to put the puck off the boards and out. Other than that, he's a fine bottom pair guy. Not sure why he keeps holding it.

Price was fine. Not a single bad goal in the seven. Not often you can say that.

Everyone else sucked.

Midgets were not great...

Second line was invisible save the goal.

Lapierre continues to be invisible... although Latendresse didn't play poorly.

I actually like the effort of the 4th line tonight. Chipchura looked better and Laraque was fine for what he is.
Yeah, I agree, Price had a good game. Ils ont quand meme donne 7 buts, mais Price a ete bon. Price a ete bon pis ils ont donne 7 buts.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote