HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Markov out four months with injury

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-07-2009, 01:53 PM
  #1
malkins
Registered User
 
malkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alpha Centauri
Country: Canada
Posts: 243
vCash: 500
Markov out four months with injury

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=500759

We have lost our best defenceman.
It seems like he is out till the Olympics.

There isn't anyone even close skill-wise to replace him

malkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 05:14 PM
  #2
Mr Kanadensisk
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkins View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=500759

We have lost our best defenceman.
It seems like he is out till the Olympics.

There isn't anyone even close skill-wise to replace him
It's amazing how drastically Russia's talent drops off beyond their first 2 or 3 lines. I don't think any other country has such a difference in their top 15 and 15-30 depth. Let's hope they don't have any more injuries between now and February!!

Mr Kanadensisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 06:33 PM
  #3
therealdeal
Registered User
 
therealdeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,215
vCash: 500
He might be back by the time the Olympics are starting, but he certainly won't be ready by December when the team is announced, they could potentially leave a spot for him.

therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 06:34 PM
  #4
Siberian
Registered User
 
Siberian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Saint Pierre
Country: France
Posts: 3,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk View Post
It's amazing how drastically Russia's talent drops off beyond their first 2 or 3 lines. I don't think any other country has such a difference in their top 15 and 15-30 depth. Let's hope they don't have any more injuries between now and February!!

What are you talking about? Russia's competition for a spot in the National team was never this high as it is right now. It's just Markov such an amazing hockey player with a phenomenal blend of offense and steady defence that there is really no replacement for him. I don't think think Canada has anyone similar to Markov.

Siberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 07:15 PM
  #5
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rostov-on-Don
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,226
vCash: 500
After seeing how easily Ovechkin/Semin turned Pronger into a pylon, I think some Canadians should be more worried about their own defense.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 07:30 PM
  #6
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rostov-on-Don
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
What are you talking about? Russia's competition for a spot in the National team was never this high as it is right now. It's just Markov such an amazing hockey player with a phenomenal blend of offense and steady defence that there is really no replacement for him. I don't think think Canada has anyone similar to Markov.
This is where Zubov returning to NT is a pleasant suprise. He's playing well in SKA.

A top 4 of Gonchar, Zubov, Nikulin and Volchenkov is still very formidable.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 02:55 PM
  #7
Mr Kanadensisk
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
What are you talking about? Russia's competition for a spot in the National team was never this high as it is right now. It's just Markov such an amazing hockey player with a phenomenal blend of offense and steady defence that there is really no replacement for him. I don't think think Canada has anyone similar to Markov.
Competition for a spot has nothing to do with depth. Markov is a very good d-man, definitely in the top 10 in the world right now IMO.

Mr Kanadensisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 03:11 PM
  #8
Mr Kanadensisk
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
After seeing how easily Ovechkin/Semin turned Pronger into a pylon, I think some Canadians should be more worried about their own defense.
Ovy did get a nice goal the other night, more Timonen's fault than Pronger's IMO, but nonetheless it was a nice play.

Mr Kanadensisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.