HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Couple of proposals

Old
10-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Ollie Weeks

vCash: 500
Stoll for Staal. Now how to confuse Pittsburgh into accepting?

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 04:08 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Do you know who would have made a good 2nd line center for the kings? O'Sullivan, that's who. Still can't understand why he's always playing a wing. The guy's got all the tools to be a great center imo.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Omni Owl
Ray of Black Sun

Boston just re-signed Lucic @ 4 million per year. I'm guessing one of their 3 gifted centers would have to go. Frolov + whatever for Bergeron.

Purcell as our 2nd line center is a scary thought. I really don't think he has the size to break into the role.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19 View Post
How about Frolov and a young D (Manchester) for Brian Little and Colby Armstrong?

I think that may entice Kovalchuk to stick around and they have plenty of cap space to work with.
I like this one.

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Do you know who would have made a good 2nd line center for the kings? O'Sullivan, that's who. Still can't understand why he's always playing a wing. The guy's got all the tools to be a great center imo.
O'Sullivan is small and he plays small. He cannot make space for himself. He's a good playmaker if you give him time and space however. You don't get that in the middle of the ice in the NHL.

Oh, and it seems he hates the middle of the ice. He never goes to the front of the net and always tries to use his speed and go around people on the outside.

He is not good at digging pucks out along the boards, especially behind the net. He's best when he is set up in the high slot or above the dots where he can unleash his shot. In short, he's a sniping winger.

I have come to the realization that Stoll isn't our second line center anyways, that would be Handzus. He's good for 40-50 points, big, makes space, responsible defensively, and can shoot and pass.

Regardless, I would not trade Stoll unless someone was coming back who is excellent at face-offs. A lot of people in Edmonton miss his PK and face-off abilities, which are essential to a team's success.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
And Frolov will sign with the Wings.
Fixed.

I have a gut feeling that Fro will hit the open market and sign in Mo Town. That being said, I'd be interested in hearing trade proposals for Fro with the Wings? What could the Kings get in return? Is it enough or would it just be better to deal Fro near the deadline to the highest bidder?

Old
10-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Youngblood93

[QUOTE=Fishhead;21495003]

I have come to the realization that Stoll isn't our second line center anyways, that would be Handzus. He's good for 40-50 points, big, makes space, responsible defensively, and can shoot and pass.

QUOTE]

I thought the same thing last game. Zues's line will put up more points than the Stoll line. Just my opinion but I just see more chances with Zues's line. Besides, the best way to stop the other teams top line is to make them play most of the game in the defensive zone.

Old
10-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
Fixed.

I have a gut feeling that Fro will hit the open market and sign in Mo Town. That being said, I'd be interested in hearing trade proposals for Fro with the Wings? What could the Kings get in return? Is it enough or would it just be better to deal Fro near the deadline to the highest bidder?
Nothing, because he'll re-sign with the Kings.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 05:56 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo View Post
Boston just re-signed Lucic @ 4 million per year. I'm guessing one of their 3 gifted centers would have to go. Frolov + whatever for Bergeron.

Purcell as our 2nd line center is a scary thought. I really don't think he has the size to break into the role.
As much as I like Frolov, I would definitely consider this, but I don't think Boston does it. I think they are going to keep their team together this season and take a run at the cup. Next summer Savard will likely be available on the UFA market. I wouldn't mind signing him to a two year deal.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 05:58 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
As much as I like Frolov, I would definitely consider this, but I don't think Boston does it. I think they are going to keep their team together this season and take a run at the cup. Next summer Savard will likely be available on the UFA market. I wouldn't mind signing him to a two year deal.
I think they'll do everything they can to keep Savard.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 06:04 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I think they'll do everything they can to keep Savard.
At age 33, I'm not so sure. Looking at their roster and cap space next season, the Bruins need to sign 10 players and they only have about $15M to work with. Savard would have to give them a pretty big discount to make it work.

I think they would prefer to keep Bergeron and Krejci. They also have to re-sign Wheeler next summer when he becomes a RFA.

Old
10-08-2009, 06:06 PM
JDM

Quote:
At age 33, I'm not so sure. Looking at their roster and cap space next season, the Bruins need to sign 10 players and they only have about $15M to work with.

I think they would prefer to keep Bergeron and Krejci. They also have to re-sign Wheeler next summer when he becomes a RFA.
See I think since Krejci is also a young center, they'll want Savard (their best player) around as well. From the outside looking in, moving Bergeron makes the most sense, even if it only means keeping Savard for another 3 years. I guess I just feel like Savard will retire a Bruin.

A lot will probably hinge on how well they do in the playoffs. If they are out quicker than they like, they might prefer more of a youth movement, but if they get oh so close, I would think Savard stays.

Old
10-08-2009, 06:09 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
See I think since Krejci is also a young center, they'll want Savard (their best player) around as well. From the outside looking in, moving Bergeron makes the most sense, even if it only means keeping Savard for another 3 years. I guess I just feel like Savard will retire a Bruin.

A lot will probably hinge on how well they do in the playoffs. If they are out quicker than they like, they might prefer more of a youth movement, but if they get oh so close, I would think Savard stays.
Well, if Bergeron is the scraps that might fall off their table, I'm sure Lombardi is licking his chops like my cocker spaniel at dinner time.

Bergeron is definitely the kind of center for which I think Lombardi would open up the prospect vault.

Old
10-08-2009, 06:18 PM
JDM

Quote:
Well, if Bergeron is the scraps that might fall off their table, I'm sure Lombardi is licking his chops like my cocker spaniel at dinner time.

Bergeron is definitely the kind of center for which I think Lombardi would open up the prospect vault.
I would certainly hope so.

Unfortunately Frolov is probably not really a viable trade option there because as you said, the Bruin's will want to keep their team together for a cup run. Unless of course we sign and then trade Fro, which would really piss me off, regardless of the return.

I would throw a 1st, Martinez and someone else like Zatkoff for Bergeron.

Old
10-08-2009, 06:28 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

What about Wheeler and Sturm from the Bruins for Brown +, and we keep Fro.

Smyth Kopi Williams
Fro Purcell Wheeler
Sturm Zeus Simmonds

Thats playoff bound.

Out is Stoll, get what we can for him.
If Purcell cant cut it, get what we can for him and bring up Loki.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 06:28 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
I would certainly hope so.

Unfortunately Frolov is probably not really a viable trade option there because as you said, the Bruin's will want to keep their team together for a cup run. Unless of course we sign and then trade Fro, which would really piss me off, regardless of the return.

I would throw a 1st, Martinez and someone else like Zatkoff for Bergeron.
I think if Frolov goes to an obvious team (one that has cap trouble now or in the immediate future), I think Chicago is the most likely.

I wasn't a fan of the Frolov + young defenseman rumors to Chicago for Versteeg and Barker, if that young defenseman was Hickey. To me if it had to be Hickey from us, then it needed to be Sharp and Barker from them.

Of course, I would rather see him re-signed here in LA, but I don't think Lombardi is going to pay him market value. So, the question might be how much does Frolov really like LA, and how much money is he willing to forego to stay.

Old
10-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Matt13

Quote:
From the outside looking in, moving Bergeron makes the most sense, even if it only means keeping Savard for another 3 years.

Although Dave Taylor is no longer with the organization, I think taking on anyone with a history concussion problems is a major risk. Bergeron, doesnt seem to be the same player he was prior to be plowed headfirst into the boards.

I would not trade much to get Bergeron on the Kings regardless of how good he may be playing now.

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 12:56 AM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Rightfully so. Your deal had us giving up Frolov, Moller and a 1st for a 4th liner and a prospect. My deal brings in a much needed puck moving defender, albeit at one of the most ridiculous salaries I've ever seen, and we get paid for doing so. We get a winger to replace Frolov long term and a first round pick. You could always turn and move Stafford if his demands were too high along with that Chicago first for a cheaper, signed for long term winger.
Well first off, Glencross is definitely not a 4th liner. If you think so, you should do some more research. Furthermore, my proposal was about getting whatever value we can for Fro and leaving plenty of cap space left. Yeah, it could be better I'll admit but it would not impede future team management. Any deal involving Campbell however ****s us over in the long term. Sure it's a quick fix but we're still not winning the Cup with that team and, without the necessary cap space (especially with the cap going down), we won't be able to acquire the players we need to do so. And...I don't know how much you've seen Campbell play, but he can be a major liability on D. Yes, he'll get his PP points but that shouldn't be our biggest concern.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote