HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

OHL Roster against Russia

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2004, 09:32 PM
markov`

vCash: 500
OHL Roster against Russia

We'll have the opportunity to watch forward Pouliot and defensemen Parent and Staal who are eligible for 2005. The big omission IMO is Bobby Ryan. Damn, I would have liked to see him for the first time.

Is there any 2005 eligible to watch for ? I don't think so but I could be wrong...

Old
11-23-2004, 10:55 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Bobby Ryan is American, and while it's a CHL vs Russia tournament, it's still to get ready for the wjc's, so only Canadien players will play for the CHL teams.

Old
11-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Petes1

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
Is there any 2005 eligible to watch for ? I don't think so but I could be wrong...
Cody Bass is another 2005.

Then Bryan Little who's a late 87 so won't be eligible for 2006.

It's to bad Daniel Ryder got overlooked.

Old
11-23-2004, 11:43 PM
BuppY

I'm looking forward to seeing Benoit Pouliot, he is turning into my favorite prospect for the 2005 draft!!!

Old
11-24-2004, 09:37 AM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Bobby Ryan is American, and while it's a CHL vs Russia tournament, it's still to get ready for the wjc's, so only Canadien players will play for the CHL teams.
Stupid me

Old
11-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Subban Fan

Is Evan McGrath on the team???

Old
11-24-2004, 09:55 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
Is Evan McGrath on the team???
I just read this...

Anthony Stewart of the Kingston Frontenacs will be replaced by the Kitchener Rangers' Evan McGrath in the OHL lineup tomorrow night in the Canada-Russia Challenge game in Barrie. With the second game in the challenge on Monday night in Mississauga, it means Stewart won't have to play five games in five nights -- three with Kingston sandwiched by two with the Ontario club. Stewart, who played for Canada at the world junior last winter, is a virtual lock to suit up for Canada again next month.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Jun...24/728884.html

Old
11-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes1
Cody Bass is another 2005.

Then Bryan Little who's a late 87 so won't be eligible for 2006.

It's to bad Daniel Ryder got overlooked.
Michael Blunden of the Erie Otters is another.

Old
11-24-2004, 12:22 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
I just read this...

Anthony Stewart of the Kingston Frontenacs will be replaced by the Kitchener Rangers' Evan McGrath in the OHL lineup tomorrow night in the Canada-Russia Challenge game in Barrie. With the second game in the challenge on Monday night in Mississauga, it means Stewart won't have to play five games in five nights -- three with Kingston sandwiched by two with the Ontario club. Stewart, who played for Canada at the world junior last winter, is a virtual lock to suit up for Canada again next month.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Jun...24/728884.html
Sweet

This is an excellent chance for Mcgrath to show the public what he's made of.

Old
11-24-2004, 02:04 PM
CharlieGirl

The Ontario Hockey League today announced that OHL graduates Paul Coffey and Shayne Corson will be the Honourary Captains for Team OHL in the ADT Canada-Russia Challenge. The league also announced that Kitchener Rangers forward Michael Richards will be the captain of Team OHL with Anthony Stewart (Kingston Frontenacs), Corey Perry (London Knights) and B.J. Crombeen (Barrie Colts) acting as alternate captains.

I'll go on record now and say that I think Richards will be named the Captain of Team Canada.

Old
11-24-2004, 03:43 PM
Colt.45Orr

I'll go on record and say Bergeron will be Captain...

Never played in the WJC's before...true... but look at this resume for a young 19yr-old...

Only guy to play in the NHL and AHL... played in the Stanley Cup play-offs... scored OT winner...

Won a Gold medal with the mens team a month later...

OH- and he is bilingual...

Old
11-24-2004, 04:33 PM
ak47

come on - brent sutter coaching this team and Dion Phaneuf the #1 D-man and a returnee - Phaneuf is a lock to be captain (with richards and carter likely assistants)

Old
11-24-2004, 05:01 PM
CharlieGirl

It's possible that Phaneuf will wear the "C", but I reserve the right to say I told you so if/when Richards is named!

Old
11-24-2004, 06:52 PM
markov`

Quote:
The Ontario Hockey League today announced that OHL graduates Paul Coffey and Shayne Corson will be the Honourary Captains for Team OHL in the ADT Canada-Russia Challenge. The league also announced that Kitchener Rangers forward Michael Richards will be the captain of Team OHL with Anthony Stewart (Kingston Frontenacs), Corey Perry (London Knights) and B.J. Crombeen (Barrie Colts) acting as alternate captains.

I'll go on record now and say that I think Richards will be named the Captain of Team Canada.
I think Stephen Dixon will be the captain, but Phaneuf and Richards are good picks too.

Old
11-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Hossa

Quote:

Stewart aint the alternate captain anymore.

With respect to the WJC, what's rediculous is there are at least a half dozen players who could be named captain without any real complaint. Richards, Stewart, Dixon, Bergeron, Phaneuf, Coburn, Seabrook, Dawes...those guys off the top of my head would all be good captains for the team. I think just about every one of them (save Bergeron obviously) is the captain of their junior team.

Old
11-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Boomhower

They really dulled down this roster. Some of these player selections are a joke, but I guess they didn't want to stock up on 19 year olds and crush the Russians again.
Cody Bass.

I'd be amazed if the Missisauga Icedogs were to allow Kyle Quincey to miss a regular season game tommorow in order to partake in this event, meanwhile Stewart (who plays for a conference rival) gets to sit this one out, even though he wasn't going to miss any OHL games in the first place. Oh and BTW, about 7 or 8 other players on team OHL will play five games in 5 nights. If I were an Icedog fan, I'd be shaking my head (If that's the case). Same goes for the Erie Otters, why would an American based team allow Blunden to miss a real game, in order to play an exhibition for Canada?

Can anyone shed some light on whether Erie and Missy players are actually going to skip their league game for this?

Old
11-24-2004, 09:48 PM
raidered

Have to agree with Boomhower on this one. The OHL will be in tough with this improved Russian team over last year. From what I saw against the QMHL on TV the OHL will have trouble even though the Quebec Rempart player that had a great 2 games has to stay back and did I hear that their starting goalie had to go back to Russia? The politics of OHL, Hockey Canada, and agents really must have played a huge part in the selection process. This team is way too young! Why they overlooked 19 year olds such as Tardiff, Oulahen, Huluit, Platt, Lomas, etc. is beyond me. All these players are having great years, but since the team was picked in October it was all about promoting certain players. Can anyone add to the list of Canadian 19 year olds who are having great seasons in the OHL who should be in these 2 games?

Old
11-24-2004, 10:34 PM
BuppY

Looking forward too watching Pouliot and Staal

Closed Thread