HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Minnesota Wild @ Los Angeles Kings 10/08/09

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Omni Owl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
kopi and smyth give me a woody.
Everyone else played great. Brown was weak again, and drewiske got owned on those two pp goals.

and does anyone else think Otool isnt even a kings fan? He actually said that it was a good night for la fans because the dodgers, angels and ducks, yes ducks, also won. geeez
Of course he isn't a Kings fan, he works for FSN. I've seen his goofy ass do Ducks' telecasts before.

Old
10-09-2009, 12:44 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Jack Johnson is slowly becoming perhaps our best overall defenseman. I thought he had a great game tonight. Was ferocious all over the ice.
I didn't see the Phoenix game, but based on the last two games he sure has been. He was great on our two effective PKs tonight and he's been correctly picking and choosing his spots on offense.

I think it has to do with a few things. 1) Obvious growth and experience. 2) Healthy. 3) Coaches' confidence. 4) Trust in his partners, specifically Scuds.

Our defense overall has been damn good the last two games, sans the 6 PKs in a row

Old
10-09-2009, 12:46 AM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo View Post
Of course he isn't a Kings fan, he works for FSN. I've seen his goofy ass do Ducks' telecasts before.
They need to send him to anaslime and hire a kings fan to do the telecast.

Old
10-09-2009, 12:46 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

I had to catch the game on DVR tonight and just finished. HOLY **** that 1st line is clicking. Smyth has been amazing so far. He dominates around the net and that no-look pass to Kopi was beautiful. Kopitar's new conditioning seems to have had a great effect, he is much faster and is going north-south like a madman. Williams, while not the most visible part of that line, is also playing really well and is a big part of the chemistry there, I think.

I thought Purcell had an excellent game. He was getting on the boards and into the corners hard, was picking people's pockets all over the ice, and was back checking well. That 2nd line is starting to show a some chemistry. 3rd line was good as usual.

Johnson had a damn good game as well. He looked well-positioned all night and was using his stick well. Doughty had a gaff or two, but had a decent night overall, I thought. He is great at keeping the puck in on the PP.

PK obviously still needs some work. That first one I thought they were running around too much. They kept chasing the puck too far and opening up the box too much. 2nd one was just a horrible bounce really, but I think they can start putting the PK back together.

Old
10-09-2009, 12:48 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
The lines are playing great.....time to change them up!
I've been hard on TM as much as most, but I'm actually thankful he hasn't been playing hot potato with the lines and pairings like he did all year. The 1st line will eventually cool down, and by then, (hopefully) the other 2 lines will already be picking up the slack. He also doesn't seem as adamant on giving the 4th line a regular shift.

Old
10-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Kopitar is not 6th in the NHL in points, he is 5th for assists - the other top 11 players around him have all played one more game than him, he is the only player in the top 11 with 3 games... Boy if he keeps this pace up...

The 911 line is now being discussed in NHL General Discussion: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=690340

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
10-09-2009, 12:54 AM
William H Bonney

From Hammond:

Quote:
After the Kings won, Rob Scuderi received his Stanley Cup ring in the locker room. Luc Robitaille gave Scuderi the ring…
I hope there is video of this. I want to see the looks on our young guys' faces.

Old
10-09-2009, 12:54 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

hoping for at least 6 points on the upcoming road trip.

Old
10-09-2009, 12:55 AM
riznat

Obviously our #1 line was flying tonight, other than that, I was most impressed by Purcell. He was dynamite for the kings all night long. The best game i've ever seen him play.

Old
10-09-2009, 12:56 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
From Hammond:

I hope there is video of this. I want to see the looks on our young guys' faces.
Yeah saw that too, that freakin ring was GINORMOUS.

Old
10-09-2009, 12:57 AM
markisonfire

A big thing to note in regards to the second line is that throughout training camp, lines 1 and 3 were set. However, Stoll and Brown were both missing at various points during camp. The second line has had a lot less time to get comfortable with each other than the other two lines have. Let us give them a bit of time to warm up. Same with Doughty, he looked great in preseason and he looked decent today, he seemed a lot more comfortable with O'D with him.

Old
10-09-2009, 01:01 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
That road trip is gonna be huge. I would love to get any kind of points. 6 would be great.

Old
10-09-2009, 01:02 AM
KingPuckChoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
well if we play like road warriors (as we did for a while last year) we might end up with a sweep !

Old
10-09-2009, 01:06 AM
Shellz

I loved Frolovs little intermission he had. He makes me laugh everytime!

Old
10-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post

The 911 line is now being discussed in NHL General Discussion: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=690340
Uh...we get it. You keep mentioning this nickname over and over again. The 911 line? I for one hope it DOESN'T stick no matter how many dozen times you try to force it.

Anyway, how long has it been since we've seen 5 on 5 play like that? I haven't seen chemistry like that on this team in at least two years. Let's hope Murray doesn't split them up the minute they hit a speed bump.

Old
10-09-2009, 01:08 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

I'd really like for the Kings to steal one from either Detroit or the Rags.

Old
10-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Uh...we get it. You keep mentioning this nickname over and over again. The 911 line? I for one hope it DOESN'T stick no matter how many dozen times you try to force it.

I was going with the RAJ line personally. "hey hey hey, its the RAJ line!"

Old
10-09-2009, 01:13 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Those are fighting words....

I for one like the nickname as it's the best offered up so far. Why don't you offer up a suggestion?

Old
10-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Smylitar!

Old
10-09-2009, 01:14 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Our even strength play was phenomonal. If our PK hadnt sucked ass the last two games neither game would have been nearly as close as they were. The offense is fixed with 15goals in 3 games. If we can get the PK in order then this team will turn some heads, and put more butts in the seats too.

Is it me or does Teddy Purcell look like a real NHL player in the past two games?

Old
10-09-2009, 01:14 AM
William H Bonney

My two favorite things from the last two games (without getting into any individual players):

1) 5-on-5 play. Better than any time last year.

2) We didn't fully collapse as we were surrendering back our big leads. Last year that would have happened.

Old
10-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Those are fighting words....

I for one like the nickname as it's the best offered up so far. Why don't you offer up a suggestion?
That's not really my style. I kind of sit back and snipe at other people's posts. I don't contribute much. We can't all be winners.

Old
10-09-2009, 01:19 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Let's not count ourselves out of the woods yet. The fact is that the Stoll-Brown line has not been providing the secondary pressure needed by the secondary offense line. I know they've scored important goals in the last 2 games, but they have not played well enough consistently enough to be considered a true secondary offense line.

If (more likely when) the 1st line cools down, we will be back (most likely) to the average/below average offense like we had for parts of last year (not 10-shutouts bad ever, but not this good consistently)

Old
10-09-2009, 01:21 AM
Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
Let's not count ourselves out of the woods yet. The fact is that the Stoll-Brown line has not been providing the secondary pressure needed by the secondary offense line. I know they've scored important goals in the last 2 games, but they have not played well enough consistently enough to be considered a true secondary offense line.

If (more likely when) the 1st line cools down, we will be back (most likely) to the average/below average offense like we had for parts of last year (not 10-shutouts bad ever, but not this good consistently)
I agree and I think this team will have problems with the really physical teams, and the teams with a lot of speed up front.

Old
10-09-2009, 01:22 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
While I don't expect us to keep scoring 6 goals a game when we win, I do expect the second line to improve their scoring output.

Closed Thread