HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Flyers Fightcard 09 Edition - Emerys Bullies

Old
10-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Defmincex13

vCash: 500
Philadelphia Flyers Fightcard 09 Edition - Emerys Bullies

Have not seen a thread dedicated to the fights that our Flyers players get into each game. So Starting tonight ill start posting each fight with a video that a Flyer gets into and we can discuss them. Why it happened, was it a good time for a fight, who won-lost-draw.

Granted anyone can go to hockeyfights and do the same thing, but over there its not even worth commenting because you have haters and homers that skew the ratings. Here I think we can talk more about how and why the fight happened and if it was a good fight in relation to the game as well as rating how good or bad the actual fight was and discuss it.

Hope people will participate! If anyone has any suggestions on a format to post let me know. Otherwise i will work on one as the fights happen.

Game 1 - 10/2/09 @ Carolina
- Carcillo vs Tim Gleason

Game 2 - 10/3/09 @ New Jersey
- No fights.

Game 3 - 10/6/09 vs Washington Capitals
- Matt Bradley vs Ian Laperriere

Game 4 - 10/8/09 vs Penguins
- Craig Adams vs Ian Laperriere

Last edited by Defmincex13: 10-09-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Defmincex13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 02:13 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defmincex13 View Post
Have not seen a thread dedicated to the fights that our Flyers players get into each game. So Starting tonight ill start posting each fight a Flyer gets into and we can discuss them. Why it happened, was it a good time for a fight, who won-lost-draw.

Granted anyone can go to hockeyfights and do the same thing, but over there its not even worth commenting because you have haters and homers. Here I think we can talk more about how and why the fight happened and if it was a good fight in relation to the game as well as rating how good or bad the actual fight was and discuss it.

Hope people will participate! If anyone has any suggestions on a format to host let me know. Otherwise i will work on one as the fights happen.

To the mods, if there is a topic like this, I must have missed it. Sorry.

Sure ill contribute.

Cote predictions: Fights: 10 Losses: 10

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 02:44 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 174
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Do something like:

Game 1 - 10/2/09 @ Carolina
- Carcillo vs Tim Gleason

Game 2 - 10/3/09 @ New Jersey
- No fights.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 02:48 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauris View Post
hey look.. a hater/idiot already ruining the thread.

btw i'd work you in NHL 10
It's a fantastic thread idea especially given the year, but there's probably a reason no one else thought of it. Cote's our heavy and well, yeah. That's our guy, lol.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defmincex13 View Post
Have not seen a thread dedicated to the fights that our Flyers players get into each game. So Starting tonight ill start posting each fight with a video that a Flyer gets into and we can discuss them. Why it happened, was it a good time for a fight, who won-lost-draw.

Granted anyone can go to hockeyfights and do the same thing, but over there its not even worth commenting because you have haters and homers that skew the ratings. Here I think we can talk more about how and why the fight happened and if it was a good fight in relation to the game as well as rating how good or bad the actual fight was and discuss it.

Hope people will participate! If anyone has any suggestions on a format to post let me know. Otherwise i will work on one as the fights happen.

To the mods, Miss spelled Fight Card as Fightcard in the subject line. If you could fix that would be awesome. Sorry.
Good idea. You should keep updating the first post of the thread to have the overall records of each player who has been in a fight. The records can be dtermined by us voting on here. doesnt have to be an official poll just a win/loss vote each time someone fights. if its within 1 vote (13 people vote win, 12 people vote lose)it should be a draw.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 03:12 PM
rayearth

Or you could just go here.
http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/Tea...on=2010&Team=1

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Defmincex13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
or we can just go to hockeyfights.com The point of it is to get a unbiased non outside opinion or homer opinion from true flyers fans like ourselves. Here I think we can talk about a fight and its reasons and outcomes more honestly then we could on sites open to people who just troll or hate or homer a player. Thanks for the suggestions. Ill start working on it when i get home from work.

But yea Ray, the link is a good idea to keep simple track for this topic. Nice find.

Old
10-06-2009, 04:52 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
www.hockeyfights.com too

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Hubey1327

first fight by lapperiere is a draw but it was awesome to see him turn his body and start throw with both hands

Hubey1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Defmincex13

last nights fight between Matt Bradley vs Ian Laperriere is up. Discuss

Thoughts: Laperriere is doing what we paid him for. Throws a legal hit, and gets into a scrum for it. Win Laperriere in a alright fight, nothing to brag about. He landed a few with Bradley basically hanging on.

The fight was a good one at a good point in the game. Better Ian to do something like this then Hartnell in a game like this. We do not need a top 6 forward getting into a scrum and messing up line combination's for 5 minutes.

Old
10-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

The Lappy fight was too short, and they didn't get much going.

This thread is not a dumb idea. I know there are a lot people in here who don't like the fighting, but some of us do.

Maybe it's worth a sticky, then we don't have to search for it. But I got a feeling this thread will never leave page one anyway if it's updated.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Defmincex13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
The Lappy fight was too short, and they didn't get much going.

This thread is not a dumb idea. I know there are a lot people in here who don't like the fighting, but some of us do.

Maybe it's worth a sticky, then we don't have to search for it. But I got a feeling this thread will never leave page one anyway if it's updated.
It will be fine. We just need to get some real fights going. I think we will see that tomorrow with Asham playing and Maybe Cote.

Old
10-07-2009, 10:36 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I'm all for this thread. Keep it around.

Although limit each of your "card" posts to 5 games at most. Otherwise the first page with all the youtube videos will take forever to load. If you spread it out it should be fine.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:34 PM
flountown

Well I was at the Carolina game and the Carcillo fight was kind of a joke. The Hurricane player pretty much 1/2 landed a punch then they went to the ice. All the fans were going nuts, myself included but more for the fact that they had already had the Power Play graphic on the scoreboard and me yelling things like:

"Yeah I hate power plays, I love it when players instigate fights and ruin man advantages, who needs 'em."

As much as Carcillo gets crap for his PIM's, rarely does he go alone.

Laperriere's fight I would definitely give him the win, overall pretty uneventful, but he landed some shots, and used some great moves to free his arms and rid himself of elbow pads. Definitely a veteran move, also, very hard to notice, but Laperierre manages to unstrap Bradley's helmet in the first few moments...definitely ninja like.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Defmincex13

I agree with what your saying. I do love fights in the NHL. But sure when a Flyer does a great hit or check against the other team. I think its not fair for the other team to jump the guy who landed the clean hit to start a fight. On the other side if i saw a hit that clocked gange and it was clean I would want Richards hunting down whoever landed that hit and ruining his day.

So it is really a fine line to take when fights start due to a big "clean" hit or check. Dirty hits are one thing to start a fight or scrum over. I just hope the NHL can police the "defending my teammate cause hes a idiot and had his head down fight" without decreasing fights in the NHL. Im not to worried about "off" the faceoff fights because hockey players are smart enough to work around that and agree at the faceoff and act for 10 seconds like they wont and skate around for 10 seconds then fight.

Old
10-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Defmincex13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I'm all for this thread. Keep it around.

Although limit each of your "card" posts to 5 games at most. Otherwise the first page with all the youtube videos will take forever to load. If you spread it out it should be fine.
agreed. What i will do is only show the videos in the forum for the last 5 games and just link the other fights from that month without the video displayed. If its a huge fight that is worthy of sticking on the site for a while i can create a 09-10 best of section.

Old
10-08-2009, 10:35 AM
flountown

My idea for the first post:

1. Do the games in reverse order, i.e. a new game is added on top rather than at the bottom.
2. Only embed the most recent 3-5 fights and just youtube link the "archived" ones.
3. After updating the first post every game, be sure to post in the topic so it refreshes and keep it simple like:

Game 4 is up, I though so and so really won the battle and if you look closely enough you can see Sidney Crosby's teeth flying out of his mouth.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Defmincex13

Fight up from last night is up. Ian again going at it in another fight at a good point in the game. But nothing comes out of it with no real punches landing. He picks the right times to fight... there just not really fights haha. I was really hoping after the scrum after Richards ran into the goal would have led to something but it was for not.

Old
10-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Cleary84

Lappy/Adams was obviously a draw. Love the energy Lappy brings, smart 3rd line player. I really like this guy.

I would have loved to see more fights last night though.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote