HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Preds at Hawks: GNT

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2003, 09:56 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Preds at Hawks: GNT

I know that Lasak\Finley are going to play about 30 minutes each. The roster for tonight is:
Brian Finley
Jan Lasak
Jamie Allison,
Mark Eaton,
Tomas Kloucek
Curtis Murphy
Robert Schnabel
Kimmo Timonen
Denis Arkhipov
Martin Erat
Mike Farrell
Adam Hall
Scott Hartnell
Darren Haydar
Greg Johnson
Vladimir Orszagh
Ben Simon
Wyatt Smith
Scottie Upshall
Jordin Tootoo

Haydar Johnson Upshall
Hartnell Arkhipov Hall
Erat Smith Orszagh
Farrell Simon Tootoo

Timonen\Kloucek
Murphy\Eaton
Schnabel\Allison

Lasak
Finley

if i were to wager a guess.

Old
09-19-2003, 11:17 AM
D-Rock

lineup

I posted a question about the lineup for tonight's game on the Prospect board, saying that Vorobiev, Yakubov, and Babchuk are dressing for the Hawks. Thanks for the post here!!! I'm going to the game and I'm excited to see Upshall and Tootoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I know that Lasak\Finley are going to play about 30 minutes each. The roster for tonight is:
Brian Finley
Jan Lasak
Jamie Allison,
Mark Eaton,
Tomas Kloucek
Curtis Murphy
Robert Schnabel
Kimmo Timonen
Denis Arkhipov
Martin Erat
Mike Farrell
Adam Hall
Scott Hartnell
Darren Haydar
Greg Johnson
Vladimir Orszagh
Ben Simon
Wyatt Smith
Scottie Upshall
Jordin Tootoo

Haydar Johnson Upshall
Hartnell Arkhipov Hall
Erat Smith Orszagh
Farrell Simon Tootoo

Timonen\Kloucek
Murphy\Eaton
Schnabel\Allison

Lasak
Finley

if i were to wager a guess.

Old
09-19-2003, 03:06 PM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rock
I posted a question about the lineup for tonight's game on the Prospect board, saying that Vorobiev, Yakubov, and Babchuk are dressing for the Hawks. Thanks for the post here!!! I'm going to the game and I'm excited to see Upshall and Tootoo.
Starting lineups
http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/gam...cont_id=205259

Old
09-19-2003, 03:44 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
1-0 Preds, Haydar from Smith and Schnabel

Vorobiev just clanked the post on an empty netter.

Old
09-19-2003, 03:46 PM
Jarnberg

Hawks hit the post again..

Old
09-19-2003, 04:10 PM
SmokeyClause

Another goal by Haydar on PP. Outsmarted Babchuk on that one. 2-0 Preds.

Old
09-19-2003, 04:44 PM
SmokeyClause

3-0 Preds, Timonen on the PP

Old
09-19-2003, 04:48 PM
Jarnberg

Gotta love the announcer with those names...

Old
09-19-2003, 05:24 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Preds Preds PREDS

Old
09-19-2003, 05:27 PM
SmokeyClause

4-0 Lead, 3 PP goals

Hartnell from Murphy and Kimmo

Kloucek is killing people out there

Old
09-19-2003, 05:42 PM
SmokeyClause

5-0 Schnabel scores, Johnson and Hartnell on the assists.

Old
09-19-2003, 05:57 PM
SmokeyClause

Game

Old
09-19-2003, 06:31 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

good way to get things started. kloucek sounded like he was impressive, and it's good to see some of the younger guys contributing, as well. Lasak didn't let his head get the best of him, tonight

Old
09-19-2003, 07:33 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayzinSmith
Roman Cechmanek and Tie Domi must be happy to see Vorobiev in the NHL. He now has the worst unibrow in the NHL.

Old
09-19-2003, 08:26 PM
fullmetalninja

I was at the game tonight...

Don't know if you folks had Tv in nashville but here are some thoughts...

The hawks pretty much carried play in the 1st period. The Preds put up 6 shots on goal, and scored on two. The first was a nice play, the 2nd a horrible goal. Babchuk didn't get used or "outsmarted", Alex Karpotsev coughed up the puck behind the net when it should have been an easy clear.

Boring game, The Preds started showboating a bit in the 3rd(as they probably should have the way the hawks played) and started running guys.... They definately outplayed the hawks in the 2nd.

Timmonen was the best player on the Preds tonight, Vorobiev for the hawks. The preds D didn't look to good though- but the goaltending was very solid and bailed out the D repeatedly... Tootoo(who I was excited to watch) didn't do much until the 3rd, but was very noticeable in that period. I didn't notice Upshall at all.

Gregg Johnson also played very well. That goal he set up(I think it was the 4t one ) was the prettiest of the evening. A heck of a deke to get Brodeur down by the kid that scored.

As for the hawks, Tbo was awful. So was Karpotsev and Korolev(big surprise). The preds scored 3 PP goals, and the hawk PK'rs were Korolev/Strudwick/Karpotsev/Babchuk... That's a pretty pathetic PK unit.

Finley's save vs. Keith with :20 seconds left in the 3rd was the best of the game. As I said above, both of your goalies looked real good. The hawks outchanced and out shot the Preds- but they made several real tough saves--- they definately earned the shutout.

Its just preseason, I'm not trying to homer it here... If you have any questions(and didn't see the game) about any of your players feel free to ask, I did try to pay attention... And are you going to tommorow nights game? Expect a lot fiestier Blackhawk squad... not only is most of the teams grit showing up in Nashville(Vandy, Kostadine, Bell, Nichol) but in the third You guys were running some of our young guns and nobody stepped up for them. I can't imagine Sutter liked that much... I'd expect at least a couple of scraps in tomorrow's game.

Should be a fun season series this year. Ruutu vs Tootoo adds another dimension that should be fun to watch.

-fullmetalninja

Old
09-19-2003, 08:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalninja
I was at the game tonight...

Don't know if you folks had Tv in nashville but here are some thoughts...

The hawks pretty much carried play in the 1st period. The Preds put up 6 shots on goal, and scored on two. The first was a nice play, the 2nd a horrible goal. Babchuk didn't get used or "outsmarted", Alex Karpotsev coughed up the puck behind the net when it should have been an easy clear.

Boring game, The Preds started showboating a bit in the 3rd(as they probably should have the way the hawks played) and started running guys.... They definately outplayed the hawks in the 2nd.

Timmonen was the best player on the Preds tonight, Vorobiev for the hawks. The preds D didn't look to good though- but the goaltending was very solid and bailed out the D repeatedly... Tootoo(who I was excited to watch) didn't do much until the 3rd, but was very noticeable in that period. I didn't notice Upshall at all.

Gregg Johnson also played very well. That goal he set up(I think it was the 4t one ) was the prettiest of the evening. A heck of a deke to get Brodeur down by the kid that scored.

As for the hawks, Tbo was awful. So was Karpotsev and Korolev(big surprise). The preds scored 3 PP goals, and the hawk PK'rs were Korolev/Strudwick/Karpotsev/Babchuk... That's a pretty pathetic PK unit.

Finley's save vs. Keith with :20 seconds left in the 3rd was the best of the game. As I said above, both of your goalies looked real good. The hawks outchanced and out shot the Preds- but they made several real tough saves--- they definately earned the shutout.

Its just preseason, I'm not trying to homer it here... If you have any questions(and didn't see the game) about any of your players feel free to ask, I did try to pay attention... And are you going to tommorow nights game? Expect a lot fiestier Blackhawk squad... not only is most of the teams grit showing up in Nashville(Vandy, Kostadine, Bell, Nichol) but in the third You guys were running some of our young guns and nobody stepped up for them. I can't imagine Sutter liked that much... I'd expect at least a couple of scraps in tomorrow's game.

Should be a fun season series this year. Ruutu vs Tootoo adds another dimension that should be fun to watch.

-fullmetalninja
i've heard good things about kloucek tonight, any thoughts on him?

Old
09-19-2003, 09:14 PM
fullmetalninja

To be quite honest... both teams D looked bad. But it was the 1st game.

Really, your goalies kept that game close(and I thought Finley looked real solid) and then the hawks PK with bad goaltending let it get out of hand.

Kloucek didn't look that slow(and that was always a criticism of him I thought)- but didn't impress that much IMo. It was a 5-0 game so I don't wanna act like the hawks outplayed the preds... they obviously didn't. But the Preds had a real tough time getting it out of their zone.

Your D looked real good holding the line in the offensive zone. Of your 5 goals, 4 of them started with a good shot from the point. To be honest I dont' know if Kloucek was part of that or not(i don't recall him getting an assist but he may have).

In the third you folks stepped up the physical play- and again I had to look at the gamenight sheet(i don't know the preds by number alone) but it looked like most of the hitting came from the forwards- in the defensive zone. Hartnell, Tootoo all gave pretty good shots.

On the positive side(for you anyway), starting in the 2nd the Preds did a quality job of keeping the crease clear. The hawks got a lot of quality shots from good scoring areas, but didn't get to the rebounds. Kloucek did well in that respect.

Don't get me wrong, it was a blowout... but I believe the Preds only got 16-17 shots on goal and scored on 5. They scored 2x in the first on like 5 shots(the hawks had 12 I think).

The most impressive thing for the preds was the quality of their outlet passes, the poise they had on the PP(especially keeping the puck in the zone), and the play of your goaltenders. The preds also dominated in the faceoff circle... winning most of the key draws and that counted for at least 3 of the goals scored.

That's how I saw it, sorry I couldn't be more specific. I was getting a lil pissed at the lack of effort by our vetrans(klemm, Karpo, Calder, Korolev, Tbo all had real bad games) and the lack of sack by our so called enforcer.

Towards the end of the 2nd Duncan Keith submarined one of your players. I thought It was a clean hit... but he might have had his leg out just a bit. Your boys retaliated on Vorobiev about :15 seconds later(and went REAL low). That's the way it is, I'm not *****ing about it...

But we were pissed that Strudwick didn't jump over the boards and let that Pred know you can't do that to one of our young up and comers like Vorobiev. Unfortunately for us, we have a brain dead coach who sent a 19 year old on the ice as Vorobiev skated off tenderly.

It only got worse in the 3rd when the preds were starting to run us pretty good and Strudwick still didn't do jack. Jamie Allison went after Yakubov behind the play- and we had nobody come back at him.

I know you don't care about it, but its a big deal to us hawk fans as we finally have some players WORTH protecting(like Ruutu) and it doesn't look lile anyone is willing to do the job other than Vandy(and he can't play for ****).

Long post I know but back to Kloucek he was all right. Nothing fancy but I didn't see anything Stupid either. Like us, keep in mind it was the 1st game- and both teams looked a little tentative. Hope you get your ass kicked tommorow!

-fullmetalninja

Old
09-19-2003, 09:22 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

thanks for the info
honestly, that's about what i expected. nothing too fancy. it was...as for you guys...half the team was guys that will probably be assigned to milwaukee(smith, simon, farrell, schnabel, murphy, haydar, allison, finley) and i expected things to be pretty shaky.
as far as tomorrow...keep in mind...
tonight was our "b" team...tomorrow...you get Legwand, Johansson, Walker, Hamhuis, Zidlicky, Murray as well as some of our higher-tiered AHL guys(classen, darche, fiddler) not to mention a little guy known as Tomas Vokoun...so...keep hoping!
woo...hockey is back!

Old
09-19-2003, 09:56 PM
fullmetalninja

Well as long as we have our AHL calibre coaching staff we'll always have problems...

Honestly, we have a poor lineup in tomorrow. Our centers for the game: McLean(ahl'r), Bell(playing out of position), Baines(ahl'r), Nichol(grinder)...

I'm most interested in seeing where Radulov plays(and how). Kojevnikov is injured and won't be playing(originally he was supposed to)- so this is a pretty much no talent team. But they should get after ya... be ready for that. Kostadine is playing for a contract- I can't imagine that he won't try to find a dance partner. And Vandy is in danger of losing his job to Shawn Thornton(who is also nursing a groin injury) so they will both be out there looking to stir things up.

Consider yourself lucky, tonights game was pretty boring really..

-fullmetalninja

Closed Thread