HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lightning interested in Sergei Kostsitsyn

Old
10-09-2009, 05:01 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

vCash: 500
Ranger for SKost and a later round pick?

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 05:09 PM
MarkovsKnee

The LAST place I want Jr. Kost to end up is on Lecavalier's RW. The fact that he reneged on his hold-out & reported to Hamilton is a good sign for the short term anyways.

He's playing in tonight's home opener in Hamilton but then the Bulldogs' get a week off until their next game next Friday. No point him being down there. They should call him & Bergeron up on Saturday or Sunday & let them report to Montreal for Monday practice. After Saturday's game, we don't play again until Thursday which should give both players time to get acquainted with JM & the team.

Weber & Pacioretty should be sent down.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
S.K. for Steve 'SOB' Downie ?

Fair for both teams, I'd like to add a canadian gold winner like Downie.
I like his passion on the ice.

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 05:27 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

SKost for Tanguay

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 05:29 PM
emb24*

sergei for fedoruk?
r u out of your ****ing mind?

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Erika

I'm sick and tired of this Sergei Kostitsyn scandal !!

If you're not going to call him back Bob, just freakinn trade him already !! Sergei will be able to flourish somewhere else and come back and humiliate Gainey by posting a break-out season !!

For all the haters who says that Sergei is a spoiled kid, immature sob, me, myself and I thinking, well... jus look at yourself in the mirror before insulting some 22 years kid. 90% of the people here don't even care for what company they work for. As soon as they can find a better option for themself, BYE BYE BOSS !!

That's how it works, sorry for breaking you're little WORLD !!

People are selfish and have big Ego, so what ?! So what ?! Just live with, it happens everywhere everytime.

Just because he is a hockey player, doesn't mean that he is any different than any of you !! Playing hockey is his job just like cleaning the toilet, healing people, operating machines, teaching students, etc.

Now, as for this thread,

just trade him already !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 06:01 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
Seriously, there's no reason to trade away another potential Ribero because we were too proud to take him back when he could have made our team better.

Yeah, he screwed up when he originally refused to show up to Hamilton, but he's gone back on that. If he pays his dues for a couple of weeks and can show he can help the big club, we'd be idiots to not give him another shot because he threw a tantrum.
I fully agree but there has to be some sort of remorse or an apology of some kind to his teammates. If you're trying to build team chemistry and a united locker room, you can't be catering to such behavior. What kind of message does it send to guys who are clawing for a spot in the lineup?

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Crystal Met

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post

People are selfish and have big Ego, so what ?! So what ?! Just live with, it happens everywhere everytime.

Just because he is a hockey player, doesn't mean that he is any different than any of you !! Playing hockey is his job just like cleaning the toilet, healing people, operating machines, teaching students, etc.
except hockey is a TEAM work

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:

If you're not going to call him back Bob, just freakinn trade him already !! Sergei will be able to flourish somewhere else and come back and humiliate Gainey by posting a break-out season !!

For all the haters who says that Sergei is a spoiled kid, immature sob, me, myself and I thinking, well... jus look at yourself in the mirror before insulting some 22 years kid. 90% of the people here don't even care for what company they work for. As soon as they can find a better option for themself, BYE BYE BOSS !!

Now, as for this thread,

Can we trade you to the same team Gainey trades SKost to?

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 06:20 PM
la25ecoupe

Was Lafleur drinking between games?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 06:22 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:

Great anaalogy, too bad it doesn't illustrate the actual situation with Sergei Kostitsyn and the Canadiens.

In the "real world" if I get another job that's a better opportunity so I walk - or if I want that opportunity and don't feel like my current employer is giving it to me, then I can in fact say "I'm outta here."

That's essentially what Sergei has done, however the big difference is, in the case of Sergei and the Canadiens, the Canadiens, not Sergei make the move, and they don't owe him anything.

In the real world, my former employer doesn't have to find me my new job. For Sergei, they do. And if they don't find someone that wants him, then what are they supposed to do? And they're not going to trade him for peanuts, why is that worth it to them?

That's the massive difference between a person quitting for a better job opportunity and what Sergei has done, which is quite stupid because he has no control at all, and yet, he's making demands.

Last edited by FerrisRox: 10-09-2009 at 07:09 PM.
FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 06:22 PM
la25ecoupe

Anyone watched One Tree Hill? Nathan was a sucker with attitude but ended up being the greatest basketball player after some refining by his coach and friends.

Old
10-09-2009, 06:23 PM
centrehice

Quote:

Now, as for this thread,

Really?

Your post makes no sense at all.

Most people change jobs youre right. But guess what? Most people don't SIGN CONTRACTS for their job, and if they do they can't just whine their way out.

See a difference? The funny thing is you always post all cocky, as if you're teaching everybody a lesson, but it usually makes no sense at all and just makes you look like a fool.

Sorry to break "you're" little WORLD!!

Last edited by centrehice: 10-10-2009 at 10:50 AM.
centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 06:24 PM
la25ecoupe

Kost + Dags = Sharp

Book it.

Old
10-09-2009, 06:31 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:

Now, as for this thread,

The way I look at it is hockey is like school. Sergei's job is to not only play hockey but to obey the rules of the club and also to **** and behave. Martin is the teacher and his job is to teach the players how to play his sytem, hockey and together better and Gainey is the principle, you act like a dick he will deal with you no pun intended.

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 06:34 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalost27 View Post
It's not short sighted, its proper conduct. Who cares if he is the next Gretzky
That's really emotion talking there. You can't possibly say that you wouldn't make concessions for a Gretzky type player?!?!

You remember Lemieux? He didn't want to play for Pittsburgh either - but that organization I am sure made concessions for him. I'm sure their glad that they did now that he is the one that saved that franchise. Everyone in Pittsburgh were demonizing him when he was holding out - now he's one of the most revered sporting figures in the city.

Look, no one is arguing Kostitsyn is going to be top 6 at best, but hey, he's our best young prospect after Price in terms of raw talent. We cannot afford to keep dumping talent if it doesn't come back our way.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 06:41 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 400
Quote:

Now, as for this thread,

the only problem is he has a contract to play for this organization and his duty was to report to the farm team, refusing means he does not get paid until he does what the boss wants. Defending him is all you do and he really does not deserve to have a fan as passionate as you.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Habitant#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Anyone watched One Tree Hill? Nathan was a sucker with attitude but ended up being the greatest basketball player after some refining by his coach and friends.
Did you seriously just make a One Tree Hill analogy!?

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 06:51 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:

toilet cleaner = hockey player

Different rules, different dynamics ... you're a public figure, people write about you, your actions both on and off the ice effect your value at any given time.

Yes, if you bounce around toilet jobs enough you might develop a bad reputation for yourself- but your old employers are not allowed to divulge any info really, let alone publish it like they do in the media.

And worse case scenario, just clean a toilet in a different city and problem solved.

A good reputation is an asset to have in any line of work obviously, but as a public figure, it's about 99%

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
If Sergei doesn't get moved anytime soon, what's the big deal? Is the world going to end? Like Ferris said, we don't owe him anything. He's barely played 100 games for us.

He's a 22 year old kid on his ELC who isn't waiver eligible. He has zero power until this summer when he becomes a RFA. His trade value is probably at its lowest point. Let the situation play itself out and see what gives. There's NO REASON to rush to trade him.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 07:06 PM
sampollock

habs find a way to get sharp

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 07:07 PM
LesCanadiens

LOL....why all this drama for a pissant like SK? Really, he is insignificant in the glare of the big picture.

And Erika...your act is getting old and boring.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 08:35 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
I hope Skos don't ends in a wheelchair, too, though

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 08:46 PM
WeezyHabFan

We must keep Skosts he is too valuable.

End of thread

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 08:49 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
Ranger for SKost and a later round pick?
I was thinking trade SK for Ranger as well, but it would be nice to get Malone on one of those top two lines as well to add some size, grit and skill to go with Gionta and Gomez or with Cammer and Pleks.

How about trading both AK and SK for Malone and Ranger?

Ranger is young and Malone's contract is similar to AK's, although the length is a bit too much as well but Malone is young and the size type we need on the top 6.

Montreal takes on 1.4 million more salary, but the deal gives the Bolts room for signing Stamkos to a long term at the end of the season.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote