HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lightning interested in Sergei Kostsitsyn

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2009, 08:51 PM
  #51
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyHabFan View Post
We must keep Skosts he is too valuable.

End of thread
Really?

People you put too much value in a dime a dozen 3rd line player with a allstar attitude!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 09:38 PM
  #52
Natural Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Natural Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
How about trading both AK and SK for Malone and Ranger?

Ranger is young and Malone's contract is similar to AK's, although the length is a bit too much as well but Malone is young and the size type we need on the top 6.

Montreal takes on 1.4 million more salary, but the deal gives the Bolts room for signing Stamkos to a long term at the end of the season.
I'd go for a deal like this. I was wondering if Gainey would be able to work a package to get Sharp & Barker out of Chicago. I just don't think the brothers will work out here.

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 09:44 PM
  #53
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post
I'm sick and tired of this Sergei Kostitsyn scandal !!

If you're not going to call him back Bob, just freakinn trade him already !! Sergei will be able to flourish somewhere else and come back and humiliate Gainey by posting a break-out season !!

For all the haters who says that Sergei is a spoiled kid, immature sob, me, myself and I thinking, well... jus look at yourself in the mirror before insulting some 22 years kid. 90% of the people here don't even care for what company they work for. As soon as they can find a better option for themself, BYE BYE BOSS !!

That's how it works, sorry for breaking you're little WORLD !!

People are selfish and have big Ego, so what ?! So what ?! Just live with, it happens everywhere everytime.

Just because he is a hockey player, doesn't mean that he is any different than any of you !! Playing hockey is his job just like cleaning the toilet, healing people, operating machines, teaching students, etc.

Now, as for this thread,

just trade him already !!

The whole "if you feel undervalued at work you quit and find a new job" is ********.

Sergei Kostitsyn isn,t undervalued here, he just hasn't shown he is any better than anyone on the current roster. So, he's right at home and probably a 1st line player in the AHL getting him more experience and more value.

And no, he isn't better than Chipchura as the 4th line centre.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 10:09 PM
  #54
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
We all know for a fact that if SK gets a call up he's going to be motivated as hell.

It's the perfect build-up and stage for him to prove BG and JM and all his critics wrong.

Why would management not give him this opportunity?

Even with a solid and spirited effort and not much production, his value will be higher.

And if we do decide to trade him, we'll just get more in return.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 10:21 PM
  #55
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Kost + Dags = Sharp

Book it.
what a crazy steal that one would be..

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 01:23 AM
  #56
Jerk Store
Classless
 
Jerk Store's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Aylmer
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,288
vCash: 500
Wow... Some of you guys are overrating this guy like crazy. Sergei for Ranger +? Come on, be realistic. The guy has proved absolutely nothing, has had an attitude problem for as long as I can remember and to top it off, yes, he reported to Hamilton but stands by his trade request.

We just went through that in Ottawa (Sergei is no Dany Heatley), but with his brother in MTL, this thing is the perfect recipe for a split in the locker room and/or disgruntled players. Yet some of you guys want to keep him on board?

These are the type of guys that organizations should ship asap for whatever they can get. You think he's being a good influence in Hamilton?


Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 08:16 AM
  #57
kovalost27
 
kovalost27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
That's really emotion talking there. You can't possibly say that you wouldn't make concessions for a Gretzky type player?!?!

You remember Lemieux? He didn't want to play for Pittsburgh either - but that organization I am sure made concessions for him. I'm sure their glad that they did now that he is the one that saved that franchise. Everyone in Pittsburgh were demonizing him when he was holding out - now he's one of the most revered sporting figures in the city.

Look, no one is arguing Kostitsyn is going to be top 6 at best, but hey, he's our best young prospect after Price in terms of raw talent. We cannot afford to keep dumping talent if it doesn't come back our way.
It has nothing to do with emotions, it has to do with conduct. He wants out, trade him. Far better for the Canadiens, far better for him. Gainey has one year to do it, so he has time to pick out a reasonable deal.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 08:39 AM
  #58
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalost27 View Post
It has nothing to do with emotions, it has to do with conduct. He wants out, trade him. Far better for the Canadiens, far better for him. Gainey has one year to do it, so he has time to pick out a reasonable deal.
So, BG should trade anyone and everyone that wants out ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 10:07 AM
  #59
Jerk Store
Classless
 
Jerk Store's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Aylmer
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
So, BG should trade anyone and everyone that wants out ?
Yes. You don't keep players who don't want to be there. How do you expect a team to win a championship if they don't care to win it there?

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 10:22 AM
  #60
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Yes. You don't keep players who don't want to be there. How do you expect a team to win a championship if they don't care to win it there?
Why do you assume SK doesn't want to play in Monteeal?

It's Hamilton he has an issue with.

I'm pretty sure he wants nothing more than a productive season on his brothers line and to be crowned king of st.laurent blvd too

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 10:23 AM
  #61
xposbrad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 778
vCash: 500
Forget lecavalier, we should target a much better player, a pure sniper. A guy who can lead this team on his back. KOVALCHUK. Package draft picks, minor leaguers, whatever it takes.

At the trade deadline, it will be very interesting to see what happens with him, but I'd save all our assets just for him.

xposbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 10:52 AM
  #62
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
Forget lecavalier, we should target a much better player, a pure sniper. A guy who can lead this team on his back. KOVALCHUK. Package draft picks, minor leaguers, whatever it takes.

At the trade deadline, it will be very interesting to see what happens with him, but I'd save all our assets just for him.
Say bye to Subban and Pacioretty without being able to re-sign Kovalchuk.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 10:58 AM
  #63
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Yes. You don't keep players who don't want to be there. How do you expect a team to win a championship if they don't care to win it there?
Feelings can change. Didn't Koby Bryant say he wanted out of L.A., then changed his mind and won a championship there?

__________________
Hey look, it's Duffman; the guy in a costume that creates awareness of Duff!
Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 11:00 AM
  #64
JFrankel
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Wow... Some of you guys are overrating this guy like crazy. Sergei for Ranger +? Come on, be realistic. The guy has proved absolutely nothing, has had an attitude problem for as long as I can remember and to top it off, yes, he reported to Hamilton but stands by his trade request.

We just went through that in Ottawa (Sergei is no Dany Heatley), but with his brother in MTL, this thing is the perfect recipe for a split in the locker room and/or disgruntled players. Yet some of you guys want to keep him on board?

These are the type of guys that organizations should ship asap for whatever they can get. You think he's being a good influence in Hamilton?

Influence on who? If we are so keen on shipping Sergei out based on his immature attitude, we should ship out all the other 21-22 year olds that are immature enough to be influenced by him.

JFrankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 11:18 AM
  #65
Jerk Store
Classless
 
Jerk Store's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Aylmer
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Why do you assume SK doesn't want to play in Monteeal?

It's Hamilton he has an issue with.

I'm pretty sure he wants nothing more than a productive season on his brothers line and to be crowned king of st.laurent blvd too
because he requested a trade and although he reported, has said he's standing by his trade demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
Feelings can change. Didn't Koby Bryant say he wanted out of L.A., then changed his mind and won a championship there?
If Sidney Crosby requested a trade, then your argument would work. Of course, you try to work out your differences and keep a star player like that. FFor us, in Ottawa, it was clear Heatley didn't want to be here anymore. Murray did the right thing by shipping him out prior to the start of the pre-season.

We're talking Sergei Kostsitsyn here. You guys won't be building around him to win a championship. This is a guy who's played, what, a hundred games for you and now the team owes him a spot? He doesn't want to report to the AHL?

You don't keep a guy like that around at the detriment of your farm system. Period.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-10-2009 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Merge
Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 11:27 AM
  #66
Blood On The Ice
Registered User
 
Blood On The Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Although he said that he was expecting to get traded, I think I still want him on the team. I remember how intense he was on the ice, sticking up fot his teamates by fighting or getting more physical.

The kid is an ''emo-player''. His feelings get the best of him sometimes no doubt. The way I see it, he got character and his ego couldn't take it went he was sent down to Hamilton.

It is quite a dilemma though. In a perfect world, he would set a press conference and apologize to the fans, the organisation and his teammates and get back to business with the Habs.

But Gainey will probably trade him pretty soon for a 5th rounder or something..

Blood On The Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:01 PM
  #67
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg
 
Souffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Le Creuset
Country: France
Posts: 3,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
Lecavalier

On a more serious note, I wouldn't mind trading him for Downie or Fedoruk, I think that's the max we cold probably get for him, it would be nice to see him packaged for Tanguay though
I'm not on board with Fedoruk, but I'd probably make a deal for Downie. It's in the same category as trading for Pouliot in Minnesota, for example. Good prospect with baggage for another prospect that, for whatever reasons, has stalled in another organization (though I actually have no idea whether TB is happy with Downie).

As for whether it's a fair deal, I think players like Downie can be valuable; he makes me think of Ott. From what I recall, Pouliot actually was ahead of Price on Timmins' list in 2005. He saw something. There might still be that something.

Of course I also wouldn't mind seeing him go in a package to land an impact player, but that kind of deal seems like a longshot in the best of circumstances.

Failing all of that, I'd just wait. The way things are going, it's looking likely that he'll be called up soon to spell some ineffective players and give the team a jump in the top 6. That might have been the plan all along anyway -- let him recuperate from surgery in Hamilton while the others try to prove their point.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:09 PM
  #68
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
I think it would probably be better for all involved if the kid was traded.

Is he a top rated player? No. Is he as big a problem as some folks are making him out to be? No

Fact of the matter is this. He needs to improve in several respects. But I think it is pretty clear that Montreal is not the market to do it in. Once you get on the poop list you are there forever. Just the way that whole scandal was handled last year proves it. And the way the whole team went down in flames did not help matters.

His attitude needs work. But frankly some fans need work on their attitudes too. I've never seen so much utter nonsense written on a topic. It's almost like open season to make any criticism you like.

PS: If a trade was for Downie you will find out about a whole new level of attitude. One of the most undisciplined players I have ever seen come out of the OHL. He manages to do stupid and dangerous things at the same time.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:18 PM
  #69
FuriousBob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The whole "if you feel undervalued at work you quit and find a new job" is ********.

Sergei Kostitsyn isn,t undervalued here, he just hasn't shown he is any better than anyone on the current roster. So, he's right at home and probably a 1st line player in the AHL getting him more experience and more value.

And no, he isn't better than Chipchura as the 4th line centre.

Wow I think that S.Kost for this year would be better than patch/D'Ags on the second line. really patch and d'ags are not ready to play in the NHL and S.Kost can rack about 30pts per season if he plays a full season, anyway we will see what will happen but I rather see S.Kost on the second line thant any other rookie.

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:59 PM
  #70
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
because he requested a trade and although he reported, has said he's standing by his trade demand.



If Sidney Crosby requested a trade, then your argument would work. Of course, you try to work out your differences and keep a star player like that. FFor us, in Ottawa, it was clear Heatley didn't want to be here anymore. Murray did the right thing by shipping him out prior to the start of the pre-season.

We're talking Sergei Kostsitsyn here. You guys won't be building around him to win a championship. This is a guy who's played, what, a hundred games for you and now the team owes him a spot? He doesn't want to report to the AHL?

You don't keep a guy like that around at the detriment of your farm system. Period.
the kid isnt Briant or Heatley... and that's the reason while still part of the Habs org he isnt in Montreal...

if he was a star, like Heatley, there would be no other option really as there's no way the Habs would pay him millions to play in the AHL...

right now, he's on a two way contract (meaning he doesnt cost much) and isnt a distraction to the Habs at all...

so why trade him ?

how about Gainey is the boss and HE is the one to decide who he trade and who he doesnt trade ?

and how about the kids goes to the AHL to learn a thing or two (like how stupid it was to act the way he did) and then being called up or traded ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 01:01 PM
  #71
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
I think it would probably be better for all involved if the kid was traded.

Is he a top rated player? No. Is he as big a problem as some folks are making him out to be? No

Fact of the matter is this. He needs to improve in several respects. But I think it is pretty clear that Montreal is not the market to do it in. Once you get on the poop list you are there forever. Just the way that whole scandal was handled last year proves it. And the way the whole team went down in flames did not help matters.

His attitude needs work. But frankly some fans need work on their attitudes too. I've never seen so much utter nonsense written on a topic. It's almost like open season to make any criticism you like.

PS: If a trade was for Downie you will find out about a whole new level of attitude. One of the most undisciplined players I have ever seen come out of the OHL. He manages to do stupid and dangerous things at the same time.
at worst , BG will tell fans they're just a bunch of "jaunes"

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 01:09 PM
  #72
Coach Brisebois*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The whole "if you feel undervalued at work you quit and find a new job" is ********.

Sergei Kostitsyn isn,t undervalued here, he just hasn't shown he is any better than anyone on the current roster. So, he's right at home and probably a 1st line player in the AHL getting him more experience and more value.

And no, he isn't better than Chipchura as the 4th line centre.
There's this guy by the name of D'Agostini that he's clearly better than, and another named Pacioretty that he's arguably more NHL ready then (but they bring different things to the table so I completely understand choosing Pax over skost, even if I do think Pax is only ready for a bottom 6 role atm)

Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 01:17 PM
  #73
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois View Post
There's this guy by the name of D'Agostini that he's clearly better than, and another named Pacioretty that he's arguably more NHL ready then (but they bring different things to the table so I completely understand choosing Pax over skost, even if I do think Pax is only ready for a bottom 6 role atm)
Training camp was the deciding factor of who starts and who doesn't. The coaching staff viewed Pacs and D'ags to be equal, or better than him (Pacs must have been better)

I blamed D'agostini for this mess, as he isn,t better than Skost. Skost was only sent down, because D'ags would have to clear through waivers.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 01:51 PM
  #74
Coach Brisebois*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Training camp was the deciding factor of who starts and who doesn't. The coaching staff viewed Pacs and D'ags to be equal, or better than him (Pacs must have been better)

I blamed D'agostini for this mess, as he isn,t better than Skost. Skost was only sent down, because D'ags would have to clear through waivers.
That pretty much seems to be what happened, but I'd blame Pax for this instead. D'Agostini has put in his time (which Sergei was derided for not doing), he's been successful (in the past, personally I thought he was horrible in camp... at least among the players who had a shot), and he seems to have a good attitude. Add that to his contract situation and his RH shot, it made sense to keep him. The problem was pigeonholing Pacioretty as a top-6 winger. Pax had a more than decent camp, but it was all with top players against not-so top players. What really should have happened was having Pacioretty battle Stewart for his spot on the roster. Stewart hadn't looked good at all and they do have similar games, fast and physical, but obviously Pacioretty brings way more to the table (at least potentially).

Of course, Stewart was being heralded as a heavyweight and BGL was possibly injured... so it's obviously really all Laraque's fault.

Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 01:54 PM
  #75
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
because he requested a trade and although he reported, has said he's standing by his trade demand.
The only reason why he's standing by his trade demand is because he's in HAMILTON.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.