HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

The Save the Coyotes Coalition

Old
06-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Jake16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4dfence View Post
Bill Daly, Deputy Commissioner of the NHL, will be meeting the media at the Alltel Ice Den tomorrow (Tuesday) June 30th at 5:10pm

Do you have questions? Grab your jersey and show up! See you there!

Curious: How do we know Daly is coming?

He has to be coming in from NY for more than just a press conference with the Arizona press?

(Meetings with the Reinsdorf group and City of Glendale, perhaps?)

Jake16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Z4dfence

Send a message via AIM to Z4dfence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake16 View Post
Curious: How do we know Daly is coming?

He has to be coming in from NY for more than just a press conference with the Arizona press?

(Meetings with the Reinsdorf group and City of Glendale, perhaps?)
Have I lied to you yet? LOL

IDK why he's coming other than the media events. ( I'm nosy as hell but that isn't something anyone is likely to tell lil ol me)

Daly will be an in-studio guest on XTRA 910 AM’s Bickley and MJ Show from 4:00 – 4:30 PM Tuesday and will also be interviewed in-studio by ABC 15’s Craig Fouhy. That interview will run on ABC 15 Sports Sunday.

On Wednesday, Daly will be on KTAR 620’s Gambo and Ash Show (Pre-taped, time TBD) and FAN 1060’s Roc and Manuch at 3:10 PM.

go to savethecoyotes.com for updates as they happen

Z4dfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Jake16

Quote:
Have I lied to you yet? LOL

IDK why he's coming other than the media events. ( I'm nosy as hell but that isn't something anyone is likely to tell lil ol me)

Daly will be an in-studio guest on XTRA 910 AM’s Bickley and MJ Show from 4:00 – 4:30 PM Tuesday and will also be interviewed in-studio by ABC 15’s Craig Fouhy. That interview will run on ABC 15 Sports Sunday.

On Wednesday, Daly will be on KTAR 620’s Gambo and Ash Show (Pre-taped, time TBD) and FAN 1060’s Roc and Manuch at 3:10 PM.

go to savethecoyotes.com for updates as they happen
Perhaps my last post was unclear, I wasn't doubting that he was coming or claiming it to be some type of hoax. Hope you didn't think that. I was just curious as to what the primary, more substantive purpose of his trip here was for besides the media appearances.

As for our luke-warm hockey media, I have a new respect for Roc from 1060. Despite the fact 1060 doesn't even have the Coyotes contract, the guy seems genuinely interested in helping to support the Coyotes and to keep them in town. He's lives in Scottsdale as well, and we had a good conversation at last Thursday's event about ways to generate more interest in the East Valley and get people to Glendale.

Old
06-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Beninato*

Quote:
Perhaps my last post was unclear, I wasn't doubting that he was coming or claiming it to be some type of hoax. Hope you didn't think that. I was just curious as to what the primary, more substantive purpose of his trip here was for besides the media appearances.
It's probably to generate more interest in the Coyotes, statewide at least, continue to stress they won't be moving, etc, etc.

Beninato* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Z4dfence

Quote:

As for our luke-warm hockey media, I have a new respect for Roc from 1060. Despite the fact 1060 doesn't even have the Coyotes contract, the guy seems genuinely interested in helping to support the Coyotes and to keep them in town. He's lives in Scottsdale as well, and we had a good conversation at last Thursday's event about ways to generate more interest in the East Valley and get people to Glendale.
Naw, you were clear, I just wanted to razz you. Truthfully, IDK but I would assume there has to be more to his visit than just this media blitz. Hopefully we'll know more after he speaks.

Old
06-29-2009, 11:35 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

I was listening to Roc on AM 1060 on the way to the draft party (typically I'm a Gambo/ Ash guy not sure why) But Roc explicitly called out all the east Valley winers that complain about going to the Job on a week night. He said he drove from Scottsdale to the Arena for the Open House on Thur and said it took 30m in rush hour.

I like this guy, he's willing to call out his listeners on their B.S.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:19 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
J-Rock in the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
I was listening to Roc on AM 1060 on the way to the draft party (typically I'm a Gambo/ Ash guy because outside of a few moments of brilliance 1060 and 910 drive shows are awful) But Roc explicitly called out all the east Valley winers that complain about going to the Job on a week night. He said he drove from Scottsdale to the Arena for the Open House on Thur and said it took 30m in rush hour.

I like this guy, he's willing to call out his listeners on their B.S.
I too am starting to respect the 1060 station a little more. At least they openly admit they aren't the biggest hockey fans in the world but still support our cause for common sense reasons. Though I can't stand McCabe or Kemp. I tried listening to the new morning guy last week but on my HD radio his voice is so grating I had to shut off the radio entirely for 45 minutes.

Most of my favorite radio show guys have either been fired in the big clear channel FSR radio cuts or slowly been killed off over the last 8 months. I basically don't listen anymore, just waiting for someone decent.

BTW I fixed your "not sure why"

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Z4dfence

Fanster has the entire press conference up if you missed it..

http://phoenix.fanster.com/coyotes/2...oenix-coyotes/

Old
07-03-2009, 10:32 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

I just received an email from the Save the Coyotes Coalition asking me to sign a letter/ petition to Judge Baum. Now maybe I'm alone on this, but I STRONGLY advise against doing this. A Judge is not the same as an elected official especial a federal Magistrate. I feel this is stepping over a line to have fans sign a letter and sent to what is supposed to be an impartial body. This is a real bad idea that may in fact backfire in our faces. I want this team here as much as anyone, but IMO this is going too far with the letter and the like. Would you send a letter to all 13 jurors asking them to set your brother in law free? No, because it's incredibly inappropriate, the Judge is obligated to make impartial decisions and in this case we as fans are not a part of the case (we are NOT creditors), sorry to say. IF the fans wanted to be heard we should have hired an attorney and filed a motion. (Not that I think it could technically be done.) Again maybe I am alone, thoughts?

I just feel this is a real bad idea, wonder what Jake thinks.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 510
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
Quote:
I just received an email from the Save the Coyotes Coalition asking me to sign a letter/ petition to Judge Baum. Now maybe I'm alone on this, but I STRONGLY advise against doing this. A Judge is not the same as an elected official especial a federal Magistrate. I feel this is stepping over a line to have fans sign a letter and sent to what is supposed to be an impartial body. This is a real bad idea that may in fact backfire in our faces. I want this team here as much as anyone, but IMO this is going too far with the letter and the like. Would you send a letter to all 13 jurors asking them to set your brother in law free? No, because it's incredibly inappropriate, the Judge is obligated to make impartial decisions and in this case we as fans are not a part of the case (we are NOT creditors), sorry to say. IF the fans wanted to be heard we should have hired an attorney and filed a motion. (Not that I think it could technically be done.) Again maybe I am alone, thoughts?

I would have to agree. If you feel the judge made the wrong decision, you can always make a no vote when he comes up for re-election. Or not because he is a Federal judge, not elected.

Last edited by Mayo Taco Monday: 07-04-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: TeamTurris reminding me that Baum is a Fed Judge.
Mayo Taco Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:01 AM
omnimutant

It's not going to hurt the decision to let the Judge hear from the fans. I don't see it as being negative at all. He'll either ignore it or it'll help. He can't deny a claim because a bunch of fans got together and sent him a letter. Thats silly, come on guys reality check time.

omnimutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:42 AM
Z4dfence

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnimutant View Post
It's not going to hurt the decision to let the Judge hear from the fans. I don't see it as being negative at all. He'll either ignore it or it'll help. He can't deny a claim because a bunch of fans got together and sent him a letter. Thats silly, come on guys reality check time.
Its only a single letter but with a larger impact because it will have a minimum of a thousand signatories (other wise why send it?) it can't hurt the cause but it can let him know that the Moyes/PSE claim that no one will come to the games and that there aren't any fans is a lie.

The NHL has said to make as much noise, get as many new fans and let everyone know we are here. If everyone who has joined the group (2900 and climbing as of my last count a few weeks ago) signs on, it gives weight to the NHL's claim that the Coyotes can bring in enough revenue to be successful where they are.

Every little bit helps and voting against the Judge in the next election will be a bit late to make our point. Rather err on the side of too much of a good thing than not enough. (It's not like we plan to spam the court... a single letter with a single message, from thousands of revenue producing voices)

Old
07-04-2009, 04:33 AM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Its only a single letter but with a larger impact because it will have a minimum of a thousand signatories (other wise why send it?) it can't hurt the cause but it can let him know that the Moyes/PSE claim that no one will come to the games and that there aren't any fans is a lie.

The NHL has said to make as much noise, get as many new fans and let everyone know we are here. If everyone who has joined the group (2900 and climbing as of my last count a few weeks ago) signs on, it gives weight to the NHL's claim that the Coyotes can bring in enough revenue to be successful where they are.

Every little bit helps and voting against the Judge in the next election will be a bit late to make our point. Rather err on the side of too much of a good thing than not enough. (It's not like we plan to spam the court... a single letter with a single message, from thousands of revenue producing voices)
If the sigs are in the thousands, I don't see how it hurts. Not sure if it helps, but couldn't hurt.

AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 04:44 AM
coyotesfan

Im not in the group but if your going to do one I guess I'll sign it

coyotesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 510
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
my primary concern is that if the judge rules against Balsillie and Moyes, the letter gives them another course of attack by saying that the judge may have been moved by an influence outside of the law.

Mayo Taco Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 10:28 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Here is what you have to understand; federal judges are not elected, they are appointed. They have to at least attempt to operate in a vacuum and judge the case on the basis of facts alone. That's why the concept of this letter is incredibly inappropriate. You can do what you want but you might want to figure out a proper mailing address first, you can't just call his court room a suite' and expect it to be right.

Old
07-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Jake16

Quote:

My initial reaction when I got the same email was similar to Turris'. The Judge is unlikely to even read such a letter and I doubt his clerks even let it through to his desk since the Coalition is not a formal party to the proceedings. If the group wanted to announce their presence to the Court and have their voice heard I suggest:

1. Addressing the letter to the NHL, Moyes and the Coyotes - the NHL's counsel could then decide whether or not to attach the letter as an exhibit to one of their future filings. Bettman's affidavit in earlier June mentioned the group, so it might. However, the August 5 hearing will have a more limited issue than the June 9 hearing did, so they may not.

2. The Coalition can move the court for formal leave to file their statement as an amicus, much like the NFL, NBA and MLB did.

3. Season ticket holders (of which most Coalition members are) are parties with contractual relationships to Coyotes Hockey LLC and who will be affected if the team moves. That is probably enough to have standing to make a formal appearance in the proceedings and be heard. (Problem is that after the Coalition makes an appeareance, all the other parties are going to have to serve the Coalition with all future papers filed going forward, so there's going to be an avalanche of paper coming). That is much preferrable to a letter to the Judge, however, if you actually want the judge to read it.

Just my two cents

Old
07-04-2009, 01:10 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Now Jake brings up a point I was also contemplating, IF the petition was filed on behalf of STH (IT should have been done months ago) but as STH we are in effect unsecured creditors, all be it very minor ones back at the end of the line. But when you have a petition signed by "Bob The Builder" and "Ferret" and "big ol tsste" If I were reading It I would call into question how serious these people where. Again my 2 cents.

Old
09-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Z4dfence

City Council Meeting Tonight

Break out your Yotes gear and come be visible at the open to the public council meeting. Jerry Moyes will be making one of his last ditch efforts to get the council to side with Balsillie. We don't want them to think their residents don't have a stake in this do we?

So show up, you don't even have to step up to the mic, just being there in your Yotes gear will be enough. Lets make our preferences heard!

City of Glendale, council meeting, TONIGHT @ 7 pm... in council chambers at glendale ave and 59th avenue...open to the public...see you there!

Last edited by Z4dfence: 09-22-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old
10-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Z4dfence

White Out Tailgate

Come join us between 1 - 4pm! Tailgating in Lot J before the home opener today 10/10/2009 (use the password save the coyotes if the parking guys ask)

1st of many tailgates at the Job! Get the party started early and right!

Hope to see you there...

Old
10-10-2009, 12:10 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Come join us between 1 - 4pm! Tailgating in Lot J before the home opener today 10/10/2009 (use the password save the coyotes if the parking guys ask)

1st of many tailgates at the Job! Get the party started early and right!

Hope to see you there...
Which one is lot J

Old
10-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Which one is lot J
Lot J is NorthEast of the Arena and East of where Bar Louie used to be!

If you notice the Discount Cab stand with green painted curbs its not the parting lot next to cabstand but the next one over to the right northeast of parking lot G.

You'll see banners for Parking lot J.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote