http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=501650

10K for his baloney.. Hahahaahahaha

Stay Classy Oilers

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 05:45 PM
GoFlames

vCash: 500
Good! I get so sick of the whining. A head coach, especially one as old as he is knows better... he looks really bad as well as the Coil fans posting derisory crap about Iginla on TSN... Glad Iginla took the high road, appologized etc. I will not use the classy word oops. I just think that word is an utter exhausted cliche in sports. Now lets beat the hell out of Dallas!

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 05:55 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Not surprised at all to see Quinn fined by the NHL for his comments. Saw that coming a mile away.

I'm not sure if Quinn's comments were just something said in the heat of the moment or if it was all one big smokescreen to have the media talk about that instead of the fact that his team dropped two games to their provincial rivals both in the dying seconds (like Keenan last year with his talk of Willie Mitchell's long stick to avoid talking about the fact that the Flames were stumbling down the stretch). It was good to see that Moreau had more sense than his coach in that situation.

It was a careless play from Iginla, but no way do I believe he would do that intentionally. He's not that type of player. The 2 minute tripping penalty was the right call.

Best wishes to Souray in a speedy recovery.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 06:05 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

"I don't understand the players of today," Quinn said.

Old
10-09-2009, 06:16 PM
MVW

vCash: 50
Here's the type of player Iginla is (King Kipper I hope your listening), after the incident, instead of being timid he obliged Moreau with fighting him. Iginla is never one to back down from a challenge. He was probably expecting it after the accident and did not back down, and did not ask for help either. But the most classiest thing I saw was, during the fighting Moreau lost his footing and slipped. While his was down, Iggy had one hand on his jersey and he could of pummeled him with cheap shots and took him out. Instead, he waited until Moreau got back up on his feet until he resumed fighting. That my friends is class!

Quinn should pay attention to what he says, because he's got a handful a guys IMO in his own room that would of took advantage of the situation that Iggy had on Moreau if they were in his shoes. Any guy that plays with Iginla talks about the kind of person he is, and he was obviously geniune on his apology. He has never been the type of player that has tried to injure someone, the type of player that Quinn was foolishly making him out to be. What a clown!

MVW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 06:18 PM
MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Love your Avatar, that was one of my favorite all time Iginla moments.

MVW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 06:59 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Iginla and Sutter today spoke on the hit to Souray and Quinn's comments:

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/#clip222473

Old
10-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Iginla and Sutter today spoke on the hit to Souray and Quinn's comments:

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/#clip222473
i'd love to see the whole Sutter interview... too much of what they showed could be taken out of context

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 08:59 AM
hemskysuncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
i'd love to see the whole Sutter interview... too much of what they showed could be taken out of context
saw that and to a point i agree. iginla sounded genuinely sorry about the whole situation, but sutter made the whole thing (including the injury itself) sound like a joke...i don't think he intended that...but possibly he should choose his words better in that kind of situation so that they DON'T get taken out of context.

hemskysuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 02:35 PM
utah

It's Quinn being Quinn. Ottawa fans are used to his nonsense, having seen and heard his brand of whining many times over the years (during the hey-days of the 'Battle of Ontario'). Quinn will not only mis-represent what happens on the ice....and whine about the injustice of it all. He will fabricate incidents that never occurred, as he did when he falsely accused Chris Neil of spitting at a Leaf player during a game.

I'm glad he was fined. It was deserved. Quinn was a dirty hockey player in his day, and presumably, he took many retaliatory sticks to the head. Hence, the nonsense that comes out of his mouth today.

utah is offline   Reply With Quote