HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saturday October 10th, 2009, 7:00PM: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators (NO TV)

Old
10-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Laoghaire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens15 View Post
i'm just checking some pictures and this one freaks me out...

http://senators.nhl.com/club/recap.h...id=DL|OTT|home
Go to picture 16..where the hell are his leg's?!
Affirmative action.

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 12:42 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Where are the highlights? I'd like to see this Elliott save on Afinogenov.

Nevermind, saw it on RDS. Awesome save.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Karlssonlee

When will we see Cheechoo on the top two lines!

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Hale The Villain

I like what I'm hearing. Apparently Spezza's defensive game has gotten to a new level, Regin is still looking like....well Regin and Picard/Carkner played better than they did early. Anyone reject to this?

Also I just noticed on NHL.com today that Picard has 3 assists in 3 games

Man I wish I could've watched the game

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 01:35 AM
Disclose

is Michalek that good or the media just convincing their selves that we didnt get screwed in the trade?
Picard, im glad he played a good game... too bad it wasnt on TV.

Kovalev scored... oh no, that means he'll float for the next two weeks.

glad to see this team click well together.

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 01:42 AM
TheHMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
is Michalek that good or the media just convincing their selves that we didnt get screwed in the trade?
Picard, im glad he played a good game... too bad it wasnt on TV.

Kovalev scored... oh no, that means he'll float for the next two weeks.

glad to see this team click well together.
He does things that go unnoticed quite often. He drew one of the first penalties in the game. He was busting his ass to get back into his own zone and break up plays. He has some offensive potential that's just not showing itself right now. It could take time for him to really show it though. He commented earlier in an interview that Clouston's system is very different from what he's used to in San Jose, and he's still just getting his game down.

His skating abilities are top notch, and the guy has a great wrister. He's going to be a gem when he builds some chemistry.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 01:44 AM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulica View Post
Dude...or Dudette, I agree with having our own opinions but I'm pretty sure that almost NO ONE is going to agree with you that Fisher is our #1c
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
Lol whoever is talking about Fisher being our number one center. Thanks for the laugh.

To the game... Afinogenov has skated circles around the Sens on about two or three occasions so far. First goal, iirc, one of Ottawa's D made a bad pinch, and that ended up in a odd man rush the other way. Kovalchuk was not going to miss from where he got the puck.

Sens forecheck has been pretty good. Donovan has had a couple great shifts. Neil, Ruutu have been fairly active. Spezza-Foligno-Michalek look ok together imo.
Posted via Mobile Device
21:10 mins on the ice. 1g, 1a.... just sayin'...

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 01:48 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov

Feels good to have two dependable goaltenders.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Leachman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post

This is the kind of goaltending battle we need!

Leachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Jerkstorecalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
Then stop. He clearly isn't a good player and you need to stop it. STOP IT. STOP WHINING.

Jerkstorecalled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 01:55 AM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
Keep just sayin'... the reactions you get are a hoot.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 02:29 AM
Apaharn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkstorecalled View Post
Then stop. He clearly isn't a good player and you need to stop it. STOP IT. STOP WHINING.
Hell yes. Bring the fury. Caps mean serious business!

But in all honesty, if Fisher can keep this pace going, then putting up with sensfan83's posts is the least we can do. Maybe it is just me, but I get the vibe of a teenage girl crying and freaking out when meeting Hillary Duff/Hannah Montana (tangent: why do they do that anyway? Can you get so hyped up when meeting a person that you have to reduce yourself to an uncontrollable, crying heap? But I digress) and I do find it rather amusing.

However, we all know Fisher is historically a streaky player. It would be interesting to see how this game (sensfan83 vs the board) unfolds.

Apaharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 02:39 AM
Gesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post

Ahh, the forgotten one, good to see him play well and get a W.

FTR, I now officially want Fisher to fail just so Sensfan83 can get off his nuts for 30 seconds. Maybe then I can be on here annoyingly telling him how wrong he is even if I have to take the thread way off topic to do so. It's like he has a couple good games and we've got someone telling us we are all idiots for not thinking that he is the greatest hockey player ever and that Jesus is here to save us blah blah blah.

Gesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 02:42 AM
Gesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apaharn View Post
Hell yes. Bring the fury. Caps mean serious business!

But in all honesty, if Fisher can keep this pace going, then putting up with sensfan83's posts is the least we can do. Maybe it is just me, but I get the vibe of a teenage girl crying and freaking out when meeting Hillary Duff/Hannah Montana (tangent: why do they do that anyway? Can you get so hyped up when meeting a person that you have to reduce yourself to an uncontrollable, crying heap? But I digress) and I do find it rather amusing.

However, we all know Fisher is historically a streaky player. It would be interesting to see how this game (sensfan83 vs the board) unfolds.
Maybe thats the secret, Sensfan83 is actually a puckbunny waiting for her opportunity to get on his nuts without using her imagination and a computer. If not, I've never seen such man love before

Old
10-11-2009, 02:44 AM
Gesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
No kidding.

Considering the verbal abuse he took (and I took for defending him), I have every reason to.
FTR I already ate my crow on that one, and I couldnt be more glad to be proved wrong.

Old
10-11-2009, 03:03 AM
tentyler

dam I missed this because of work, anyone know where I can get a recording?

tentyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 03:13 AM
N Bahn Ahden

I was at the game, so here are my thoughts.

The Spezza line isn't working. Even if he isn't putting up points, Michalek is an effective player with his size and speed, but there doesn't seem to be any chemistry between them. The second (first) line was very good. Kovalev played well with them.

Don't let Picard's two assists fool you, he didn't play that well. The amazing cross crease save by Elliot was all a result of a misplay by Picard. When Kuba is back, he's out.

Kovalchuk was the most entertaining and talented guy out there. He is worth the price of admission.

Ellliot was very solid. Pavelec let in a couple softies, but Elliot can't be blamed on either.

Finally, Mayor Larry O'brien wears a #11 jersey with HIS name on it? That's like wearing #99. You don't do it.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 04:17 AM
SENSfreak_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Stanley View Post

The Spezza line isn't working. Even if he isn't putting up points, Michalek is an effective player with his size and speed, but there doesn't seem to be any chemistry between them. The second (first) line was very good. Kovalev played well with them.

Don't let Picard's two assists fool you, he didn't play that well. The amazing cross crease save by Elliot was all a result of a misplay by Picard. When Kuba is back, he's out.

Kovalchuk was the most entertaining and talented guy out there. He is worth the price of admission.

Ellliot was very solid. Pavelec let in a couple softies, but Elliot can't be blamed on either.

Finally, Mayor Larry O'brien wears a #11 jersey with HIS name on it? That's like wearing #99. You don't do it.
WHAT?! Impeach the *******

SENSfreak_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 04:52 AM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'JESUS' Joe-Corvo View Post

FTR, I now officially want Fisher to fail just so Sensfan83 can get off his nuts for 30 seconds. Maybe then I can be on here annoyingly telling him how wrong he is even if I have to take the thread way off topic to do so. It's like he has a couple good games and we've got someone telling us we are all idiots for not thinking that he is the greatest hockey player ever and that Jesus is here to save us blah blah blah.
The only thing that really matter is that in 63 playoff games, Mike Fisher has 23 points.
He is a heart player, and while that's good, it ain't enough for a player who like to think he's fit to be centering the second line. Fisher is the anti-thesis of clutch and without a doubt one of the biggest issues this team has if they insist on playing him as a 2nd line center: no team will win the Stanley Cup if they rely on a player of Fisher's caliber to center the second line.
Sensfan83 just loves Fisher because he gives 110% all the time, this is undeniable: he always skates hard, it's not often you'd be able to say "Fisher gave up on that play". Thing is, while the aforementioned aspect of his play is indeed desirable and commendable, he is simply not good enough for the position he wants to play.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 07:29 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Stanley View Post

What was the attendance.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 07:42 AM
SelleckStache

vCash: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
What was the attendance.

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 07:45 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelleckStache View Post
But did it seem there was that many there.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'JESUS' Joe-Corvo View Post

You know what's really funny about you(besides your childish and immature comments every now and then)? That you're not even a Sens' fan. Might as well pack your bag and leave for Carolina, because the last time I checked, Corvo left 2 years ago.

Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
But did it seem there was that many there.
I'd say so, yeah. Even standing room had a decent amount of people.

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Madskillz65

Pretty great that Campoli has the most minutes played over anyone by almost 3 minutes.

Madskillz65 is offline   Reply With Quote