HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#5 - 10.11.09 | Anaheim Ducks @ NY Rangers | 5:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
10-11-2009, 05:02 AM
jniklast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
Absolutely disagree -- Ducks are in the West, the Toronto game is a way bigger game -- the non-conference games are absolutely more important than the intra-conference games.
True, but Henrik had relatively many bad games against the Leafs I believe. Anyway, we can win this with Vally in net as well!

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 05:17 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Well, the good news is that the schedule works out nicely. Giants at 1, then a break for about an hour, Rangers at 5 and then Yankees at 7. Since the Yankees game will be at least 3 hours, I'll mostly watch the Rangers until the game ends - probably about 7:30-ish. Hopefully by then the Yankees have knocked Pavano out of the game.

Great sports day, hopefully the Rangers continue the winning streak. Get em, boys!
No doubt.. I noticed its about an ALL day NY sports fest. Im not getting anything done... lol

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Black Tank

Too bad the Ducks looked flat against Philly last night, that probably means that they got ripped into by the coaching staff and will come out flying this evening. The early start always seems to have the Rangers start slowly but hopefully having Avery in the lineup will mean some early fireworks.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 06:51 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
The early start always seems to have the Rangers start slowly but hopefully having Avery in the lineup will mean some early fireworks.
A two hour earlier start is basically irrelevant. it's the friggin noon games that throw players off.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 06:55 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierreification View Post
A two hour earlier start is basically irrelevant. it's the friggin noon games that throw players off.
Honestly, why should it? Don't these guys get up early just about everyday regardless? Don't they get up 8-9am and have practice 10:30-11am every other day?

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 07:20 AM
Giovanni94

LGR! Anyone know if Hiller or JS Giguere is starting for the Ducks?

Giovanni94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 07:22 AM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni94 View Post
LGR! Anyone know if Hiller or JS Giguere is starting for the Ducks?
Likely giguire
Hiller played last night and the ducks need to make giguire look good so they can send him to philly for some more draft picks

Old
10-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Giovanni94

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
Likely giguire
Hiller played last night and the ducks need to make giguire look good so they can send him to philly for some more draft picks
lol....not likely going to make Giguere look good, Hiller has been making him seem like a rookie since last season. I don't even know why giggy's play dropped off so much, I just know that Hiller stepped up late last season and played really well.

Giovanni94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 07:44 AM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni94 View Post
lol....not likely going to make Giguere look good, Hiller has been making him seem like a rookie since last season. I don't even know why giggy's play dropped off so much, I just know that Hiller stepped up late last season and played really well.
Pretty sure he had a family tradegy last year thus not playing a whole lot/taking time off.But looking that up i discovered a new fact i didn't know.

Gigučre suffers from a rare gastric condition that causes his body to take in too much air when he drinks fluids. As a result, his body has difficulty absorbing water, with all the sweating he does during a game, thus leading to severe dehydration.[2] This became the case when he was in the AHL during the 1997-98 season. During one game, he lost 19 pounds, became sick, and was rushed to the hospital.[3] Team doctors in Calgary then discovered the condition that caused him to lose weight. Since then, he began drinking water from his bottle with a straw to reduce air intake. He and Steve Valiquette of the New York Rangers are the only NHL goalies to drink from a straw.

Battle of the straw drinkers!

Old
10-11-2009, 08:16 AM
TheRedressor

Posted via Mobile Device

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!

Staals Eye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

win win win !!!! LGR

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
if vally is going to start a game, today would be it since Anaheim is not in our conference....And it will be interesting to see where Avery starts and if the lines get juggled at all.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!
hopefully the refs don't call made up penalties on avery today and the season!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 09:15 AM
OrbitalDynamics
Ants? Solid Plan.

What a day to be stuck working 1300x2130.<crap>

LGR!

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 09:20 AM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
if vally is going to start a game, today would be it since Anaheim is not in our conference....And it will be interesting to see where Avery starts and if the lines get juggled at all.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!
hopefully the refs don't call made up penalties on avery today and the season!
zipay said avery was rolling in with the 4th line splitting time with voros in practice. looks like theyre going to ease him in with a 4th line role to start, possibly some pp/pk time

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 09:22 AM
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor

I’m looking to see AA show what he’s capable of. He seemed to be stepping it up a bit last game…. That goal he had in pre season is still the best I’ve seen this season.

I really noticed Higgins last game, if he adjusts the windage on his shot he ought to have a goal or two tonight.

Drury was on fire…… hope he keeps it up…..

Prospal I think would be a great choice to get the other A…. looking forward to seeing him today. He’s seems to be capable of rallying the troops…

I think there is something physically or mentally wrong with Rozsi….. there is no way he can be so consistently sucky….. I think we’ll hear down the road he has battling though something right now (sickness?)…. I hope he gets a good game in… even a good shift would be an improvement. Let’s all have warm fuzzy thoughts for him today.

Gilroy… don’t change anything… Stud

DZ he’s has to be one of the most loved Rangers this year… great story and player.

Vally in the net… I saw him in his first pre season and he was horrible… then he showed his good side in his last pre-season he played (if I have my game s straight). I’m a little biest against him because I want to see Johnson get some time in the net for the Rangers…..

Welcome to the season Mr. Avery now get out there and stir up some s*it…. BTW if you see a 24 coming on the ice during a line change, avoid him at all cost….

ak10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 09:42 AM
D713B

The Ducks were outplayed by the Flyers last night for all but the final 6:00 minutes when Selanne decided to put on a show and score two goals to tie it up at 2-2, one of which came with :16 left. He also scored the only shootout goal. For the first 54 minutes though they didn't look very sharp at all and they made Ray Emery look like the Great Wall of China.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Smashley

Hockey weekend starts now! Two games in two days! First since March

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 10:20 AM
The Perfect Paradox

First game I'm going to this season. TERRIBLE move by management to put Vally in against the Ducks. He would be better against the Maple Leafs, but I'm sure you guys remember the last time that happened .

LET'S GO RANGERS!!

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Where Avery's gonna play ain't determined yet... http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pr.../63950127.html

Quote:
"I'm ready to go," Avery said. "I've been shooting pucks for a while. I had a pretty good training camp up until the injury.

"I think they've played pretty well," Avery added. "The physical part is always needed. Maybe not as much in game four as in game 40. But I’m going to play my game, get in on the puck and finish my checks."

Where Avery slots into the lineup and which teammate becomes a healthy scratch has yet to be determined.

Tortorella said he would not break up his top two lines – Brandon Dubinsky centering Marian Gaborik and Vinny Prospal and Chris Drury in between Callahan and Christopher Higgins – and rookie Artem Anisimov’s third line with Ales Kotalik and Enver Lisin had their best game Thursday.

Loffen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 10:50 AM
redbranch

LGR!
Would be nice to get the lead early, and keep it

redbranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 11:12 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
True, but Henrik had relatively many bad games against the Leafs I believe. Anyway, we can win this with Vally in net as well!
I would say he had. From what I've seen Toronto has been godawful this season. Unless one of their goalies has a big night, we shouldn't even need good goaltending to win that game

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 11:14 AM
shoothepuck

Even with a 5 pm start, no reason for NY to start flat, they are the rested team and they need to take it to them. Big V needs to come up big.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 11:17 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Anaheim is coming off a long game against the Flyers...Hopefully they are worn out and Giguere is a sieve.

LETS GO RANGERS

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I would say he had. From what I've seen Toronto has been godawful this season. Unless one of their goalies has a big night, we shouldn't even need good goaltending to win that game
The only line that seems to care for the Leafs right now is their 4th Line. The rest of 'em seems like they couldn't give a ****.

Those 2 Points should already be in the bag.

Loffen is online now   Reply With Quote