HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings v. Blues. Post Game THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2009, 12:52 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Only saw highlights, but 5-5 on the PK, and won the game only scoring twice. There is a lot to like right now.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
10-11-2009, 01:29 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
It's because to some fans if he dosen't score, he played like crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
It's because none of the fans look at the little things he does and just expect him to score at least a point per game. It's all about points.
I thought Brown had a good game last night and with the way the PP is working right now I wouldn't change anything, but I still think that both Brown and Williams look a little off on the PP right now is all.

Old
10-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
This should be included in every post game thread.
Only if you want the board to commit mass suicide.

Old
10-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Yes.. http://lakingsnews.com/ is working for me. (Although there's some header formatting problems using Firefox.)
Popping up as server not found on both IE and Firefox for me.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
10-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Taylor18

[QUOTE=Telos;21543073] Potential signature material right there.

Alright, I am back, got drug out of my house last night by a friend and didn't get to do the PGT with you guys but I made her wait till the final buzzer though, she is from St. Louis and obviously a St. Louis fan so it was for the best. Didn't get back home till 2 a.m.

Anyway, I thought the Kings played well. Obviously there was a lot of breath holding but they got their 2 points so who can argue? Johnson is starting to look very good, Doughty was looking better till he got a one-way ticket to the dentist, Kopitar looked solid, Smyth is a god, Purcell is starting to look much stronger around the puck, Brown took a good step up back into the physical department, and Zues is Smyth's neighbor up in the clouds. Now let's go out there and sink some Islanders!

For your game recap I will leave it to this... guy:

Anyone know him? I wonder if he posts here Identify yourself![/QUOTE

I nearly spit my coffee out....that video is too funny.

Old
10-11-2009, 02:11 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Potential signature material right there.

Alright, I am back, got drug out of my house last night by a friend and didn't get to do the PGT with you guys but I made her wait till the final buzzer though, she is from St. Louis and obviously a St. Louis fan so it was for the best. Didn't get back home till 2 a.m.

Anyway, I thought the Kings played well. Obviously there was a lot of breath holding but they got their 2 points so who can argue? Johnson is starting to look very good, Doughty was looking better till he got a one-way ticket to the dentist, Kopitar looked solid, Smyth is a god, Purcell is starting to look much stronger around the puck, Brown took a good step up back into the physical department, and Zues is Smyth's neighbor up in the clouds. Now let's go out there and sink some Islanders!

For your game recap I will leave it to this... guy:

Anyone know him? I wonder if he posts here Identify yourself!
you dont know him? thats bobby scribe from our new kings news website. good kid though

Old
10-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
At least make your bed kid.

Old
10-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor18 View Post
I nearly spit my coffee out....that video is too funny.
Yeah, I found it this morning searching for highlights. Apparently he started after the Wild game. I think it is funny how he uses the terms "we" and "since I took over as host of Kings Talk" But hey, if he has fun doing it, no one can stop him so a little imagination couldn't hurt. Who knows, maybe this guy ends up behind an actual anchor desk one day...

So far this season is going very well. Who knows, maybe this is the first year that some of our guys will finish a season as plus players for once... Kopitar and Brown are still looking for theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
you dont know him? thats bobby scribe from our new kings news website. good kid though
Oh, I was wondering what exclusive features they were going to add I was actually going to make that very joke but decided not to in the end Hell hath no fury like a Zad scorned.

Old
10-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:

Anyone know him? I wonder if he posts here Identify yourself!
He looks like a muppet. I like him.

Old
10-11-2009, 03:06 PM
JDM

Quote:
Oh, I was wondering what exclusive features they were going to add I was actually going to make that very joke but decided not to in the end Hell hath no fury like a Zad scorned.
Sooo you were going to make a joke that you have already made before but just made again even though you decided not to? Did that girl knock your brain as well as your boots last night?

Old
10-11-2009, 03:23 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

In another installment of "what you wouldn't know until tomorrow without a beat writer with the team".. Doughty is fine. A couple of chipped teeth being worked on at the dentist today, and he's expected to play with a shield tomorrow.

http://lakingsinsider.com/?p=363

Old
10-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Sooo you were going to make a joke that you have already made before but just made again even though you decided not to? Did that girl knock your brain as well as your boots last night?
I was referring to the joke KingsRule told, hence the followup about Zad. The exclusivity joke is a crack on your website, the Bobby Scribe joke relates to... well Bobby Scribe.

Old
10-11-2009, 04:46 PM
JDM

Quote:
I was referring to the joke KingsRule told, hence the followup about Zad. The exclusivity joke is a crack on your website, the Bobby Scribe joke relates to... well Bobby Scribe.
Ah. I've been posting through the phone this morning, so I haven't actually had a chance to watch that video yet.

Old
10-11-2009, 05:16 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
it's funny how everyone here constantly criticizes Brown but his coaches and teammates constantly praise his play...
That's curious. Not that I don't believe it but could you possibly get me a link for these quotes? I've seen players overtly upset with Brown's selfishness. It's been discussed in length in the game day threads that there has been at least 2 times when Browns linemates shook their heads in anger at Brown when he didn't pass them the puck when alone in front of the net and Brown was double teamed.

Edit: If anyone thinks I get down on Brown for not scoring they are uninformed. I get on Brown for being selfish. The guy will routinely attempt to take the puck on a two on one when there is a player open. His lines have consistantly stunk if he is not scoring the puck. This is because he doesn't get his mates involved.

I've contested for a year now that he has held kopitar down. People have called me crazy because he was a 30 goal scorer yet I've said that has more to do with Kopitar making him better than him helping everyone else out. This is starting to be proven true.

Last edited by no name: 10-11-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old
10-11-2009, 05:22 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
It's Sunday morning and there are already 2 new blog posts from Hammond on the game story from last night and Jack Johnson. Add to that a new blog article at Frozen Royalty, another article at lakingsnews.com and an article on the road trip from a Kings trainer at socaljoecal.com.

I enjoy reading my virtual newspaper with the morning cup of coffee so I'm in heaven today.
Is there anyway we could get sticky with all the blogs/kings affiliated websites?

Old
10-11-2009, 05:25 PM
JDM

Alright, I just watched that video Telos posted.

I'm looking forward to the episode where his mother walks in and starts complaining about his overly dirty underwear.

Its only a matter of time.

Old
10-11-2009, 05:28 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
That's curious. Not that I don't believe it but could you possibly get me a link for these quotes? I've seen players overtly upset with Brown's selfishness. It's been discussed in length in the game day threads that there has been at least 2 times when Browns linemates shook their heads in anger at Brown when he didn't pass them the puck when alone in front of the net and Brown was double teamed.
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on what other posters are saying about Brown (no offense) and how they may have perceived what they saw on the video.

Now, if you have some quotes from the kings players, management and/or coaches, then I'd be interested in knowing.

Old
10-11-2009, 11:11 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post

Edit: If anyone thinks I get down on Brown for not scoring they are uninformed. I get on Brown for being selfish. The guy will routinely attempt to take the puck on a two on one when there is a player open. His lines have consistantly stunk if he is not scoring the puck. This is because he doesn't get his mates involved.

I've contested for a year now that he has held kopitar down. People have called me crazy because he was a 30 goal scorer yet I've said that has more to do with Kopitar making him better than him helping everyone else out. This is starting to be proven true.
i agree with you, i love brown,even have his pre-captain jersey, but hes being selfish and passing up one timers to try and score on his own with bad angle shots. i think hes just trying to get his first goal of the season a little too hard.

Old
10-12-2009, 12:25 AM
VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to VEGASKING
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on what other posters are saying about Brown (no offense) and how they may have perceived what they saw on the video.

Now, if you have some quotes from the kings players, management and/or coaches, then I'd be interested in knowing.

Other than attention ****** like Terrell Owens how often do you see an athlete saying anything remotely negative about a teammate in the press? It just doesn't happen and rightly so. If that's the only proof you'll accept that someone is playing badly you'll never be convinced.

Old
10-12-2009, 12:44 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
i agree with you, i love brown,even have his pre-captain jersey, but hes being selfish and passing up one timers to try and score on his own with bad angle shots. i think hes just trying to get his first goal of the season a little too hard.
hand in glove is Terry Murray saying that he believes Brown is a 40-goal scorer.

Old
10-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
hand in glove is Terry Murray saying that he believes Brown is a 40-goal scorer.
It doesn't fit...

Closed Thread