HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Super Fantastic Happy Time Ice Slap Game: Canes @ Bolts - 10/10/09 - 19h30

Old
10-11-2009, 01:40 PM
geehaad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Babchuk View Post
Staal's wrap-around works for the first time in history!
Interesting. I seem to remember many of these wrap-around scores, so I went to NHL.com to see Staal's recent goal-scoring history, and it was eye-opening to see how many of Staal's goals are scored from the keeper's left. If Staal ever plays wing, he needs to be a RW, fo sho.

But yeah, 2 out of his last 3 goals are of this variety, and I could swear that his goal in the first preseason game was a wrap-around as well, but I have know way to know that fo sho.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
Interesting. I seem to remember many of these wrap-around scores, so I went to NHL.com to see Staal's recent goal-scoring history, and it was eye-opening to see how many of Staal's goals are scored from the keeper's left. If Staal ever plays wing, he needs to be a RW, fo sho.

But yeah, 2 out of his last 3 goals are of this variety, and I could swear that his goal in the first preseason game was a wrap-around as well, but I have know way to know that fo sho.
that.....and he ALMOST got a second goal later in the game on another wraparound try

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:36 AM
orignl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
I still think it all boils down to the lack of another spark on offense outside of Staal. With Cole out of the line-up, we're right back to where we were in the first half of last season with Samsonov out of his league on the first-line. Not that I think the return of Cole will solve the problem. This is an issue that has needed to be addressed for the past couple of years.
nobody seems to have chemistry with staal, sammy set him up a few times against tampa. tuomo doesn't have chemistry with staal. i do see chemistry with jussi, tuomo and sergei.

orignl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 07:08 AM
Chrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
And that right there is a MAJOR problem to me. Pitkanen and Corvo are the only two true puck movers we have on the blueline, so when one of the two is out an incredible ammount of physical stress is going to be put on the other by demanding such a high ammount of playing time. With the way things have worked out so far with Pitkanen being out for 4 of 5 games I kindof wish Rodney had been the one to win the #7 spot in camp. Defensively Harrison is definitely better, but Rodney is much better offensively and it would reduce the huge icetimes for Corvo. And the thing is that I like what Harrison has brought to the team so far this season.
I think starting with 8 defensemen would have been good to keep Rodney up for this reason, but I guess that wasn't possible with Ryan injured. What I don't understand is why they haven't brought up Rodney now that Pitkanen had a setback. They have two players to put on IR to open a spot and there's a glaring need.

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote