HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

(#6): 10/12/2009 • Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers • 7:00pm • MSG (HD)

Old
10-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Avery316
guilty as charged

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
I never cared for useless Colton Orr, so I'll side with Brash..

Watched the first period of TOR/PIT on Saturday and it seemed Toronto's #1 concern was to try and get in as many fights as possible.
Youre right I felt the same way and I see its really working for them I hated Sandy McCarthy before he was a ranger and I felt the same way about Brash, I'm coming around the same way. He's a ranger now Orr isn't. Thank you Colton Orr for all your heart and hard work but that will only get you so far, I believe we upgraded....

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:05 AM
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Come GET SOME Leafs!

Expecting a W tonight. LGR.
Ha!

How can you kill the Leafs? Just don’t lead them so much………

ak10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Mainly because it's so ****ing sad that some people on here can't support Brash. I hope he beats the tar out of Orr and wipes the ice with what's left of him. Just to see you people get bent out of shape.

So sick of people booing the guy. I mean, he's not Malik. It's not like he's not trying. He's OUR warrior now. Stop booing the guy and support him. What does he have to do to win you over?

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:26 AM
OverTheCap

I can understand why some people dislike Brashear, he doesn't always play the game cleanly.

But I also know that there are some Rangers fans who want the Rangers to become bigger and more physical. Brashear addresses both of these needs. Beggars can't be choosers....

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:29 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Mainly because it's so ****ing sad that some people on here can't support Brash. I hope he beats the tar out of Orr and wipes the ice with what's left of him. Just to see you people get bent out of shape.

So sick of people booing the guy. I mean, he's not Malik. It's not like he's not trying. He's OUR warrior now. Stop booing the guy and support him. What does he have to do to win you over?
Thank you.... I'm so sick of people booing Brashear. I hope he beats the ever loving snot out of Orr tonight.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:45 AM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Thank you.... I'm so sick of people booing Brashear. I hope he beats the ever loving snot out of Orr tonight.
Megadittos.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:47 AM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Quote:

Seriously. Some people will just never be satisfied.

LGR!!!

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:51 AM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Joining the crew who doesn't mind Brashear in Ranger blue. He is a Ranger now and he has done nothing wrong (offensivly or defensivly) that could warrant much hate. He isn't like Malik/Rozsival who makes mistakes night in and night out. His role on the team is minor and for what he does, I applaud his effort. He is better than Colton Orr and honestly, I hope Brashear proves it tonight.

I have not regretted the Brashear signing since it happened.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:54 AM
ranger_nick

best thing sather ever did, was staying away from mike komisarek. Maybe i am biased cause i'm a rangers fan living in montreal and i saw this guy play a lot. He stinks. At 4.5 a yeah i would consider him brutal.
He is tough when your down on the ice or when your a player like dubinsky or jordan staal and he knows he is stronger than you. Thats when he is tough.
Toronto has a bad team.
Also for those of you that know damian cox(tsn), he said toronto would make the playoffs taking NYR's spot. So the starts the 2 teams are having puts a smile on my face.
FU damian cox.

ranger_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:11 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:18 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I agree, but doubt it will happen. Unless, of course, Torts is better than I think of him. Vali should start based on Torts performance-award approach. Hank could always jump in should it not working out.

LGR!!!!
It doesn't seem like you get the concept of a backup goalie.

Hank on average has been stopping about twice as many shots as Valiquette stopped yesterday. Vally just got lucky he caught the Ducks when they were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights. But yeah, let's insult Hank by playing the guy who's started 41 games in his career in back to back games because he saved 17 shots yesterday.

(btw, Vally played good yesterday, and I'm not taking that away from him. I just think he's vastly overrated on these boards in the same fashion that a lot of our third and fourth liners have been vastly overrated in the last few years. Rangers fans always have the solution it seems, when in reality there really isn't any problem to be fixed)*

*Rozsival not included.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:22 AM
savebyrichter35

To all the season ticket holders going to the game tonight....myself and trueblue9441 are on the tickets for tonights game. We will be doing an autograph signing during both intermissions in section 420.

savebyrichter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:30 AM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
It doesn't seem like you get the concept of a backup goalie.

Hank on average has been stopping about twice as many shots as Valiquette stopped yesterday. Vally just got lucky he caught the Ducks when they were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights. But yeah, let's insult Hank by playing the guy who's started 41 games in his career in back to back games because he saved 17 shots yesterday.

(btw, Vally played good yesterday, and I'm not taking that away from him. I just think he's vastly overrated on these boards in the same fashion that a lot of our third and fourth liners have been vastly overrated in the last few years. Rangers fans always have the solution it seems, when in reality there really isn't any problem to be fixed)*

*Rozsival not included.
wait, sir. This isn't against Hank at all. It's just like a rule to me that a goalie gets the start after a shut out game, even if he's the backup guy.

IceBear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Colton Orr hasn't made much of a contribution to Toronto. He had a tough time in the Laraque and Godard fights. Orr took a stupid Ryan Hollweg type penalty in Saturday's game against Matt Cooke.
OK Ranger
He took a stupid penalty I agree but if you saw what happened it was total B.S that they both weren't called as Coke dropped his gloves and face washed Orr and he threw a kick at Orr which could have been called a match. He also was on a line with Rosehill in the third they held the Pens top lines in its own zone two time for over minutes each and scored a goal. Tell the whole story not just the side that is negative. As far as Brash goes glad you guys are coming around to him. It isn't his fault he is here SAther and Torts wanted him and he took the money

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
This game has let down written all over it, today will show us if this team really is different under Torts. Playing a weaker opponent and not letting up would be a big plus in my books.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Evolved83

higgins is going to score tonight...

Evolved83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:51 AM
McNashty
› HATERS GON' HATE!

vCash: 827
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
Quote:
I hope Brashear kicks Orr's ass and tons of people cryyyyyyy.

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:53 AM
McMonster

I can't see the Leafs losing again tonight...

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:54 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved83 View Post
higgins is going to score tonight...
Why do you say that - are you meeting up with him after the game?

Thank you, thank you - I'll be here 'til Thursday. Tip your waitresses and try the veal, it's excellent.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:55 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
amen, brash is a ranger and i hope he decks whoever he fights tonight. im sick of hearing people say theyll root for orr tonight because they like him and they ddont like brashear. hes not a ranger anymore

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:59 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBear86 View Post
wait, sir. This isn't against Hank at all. It's just like a rule to me that a goalie gets the start after a shut out game, even if he's the backup guy.
Sounds reasonable, but honestly I don't feel too good about it. Aside from that fluke goal, Hank has been sharp to start off the season, and he is the better goalie. Maybe if he struggled in his first four games it would make more sense.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
amen, brash is a ranger and i hope he decks whoever he fights tonight. im sick of hearing people say theyll root for orr tonight because they like him and they ddont like brashear. hes not a ranger anymore
Well, to be fair, we cheered Eddie when he wasn't a ranger anymore. Are you saying that if the Rangers and Devils traded entire rosters today, that you wouldn't be a bit miffed about it?

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:03 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Well, to be fair, we cheered Eddie when he wasn't a ranger anymore. Are you saying that if the Rangers and Devils traded entire rosters today, that you wouldn't be a bit miffed about it?
Yes, because the Devils are a worse team.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:06 PM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
OK Ranger
He took a stupid penalty I agree but if you saw what happened it was total B.S that they both weren't called as Coke dropped his gloves and face washed Orr and he threw a kick at Orr which could have been called a match. He also was on a line with Rosehill in the third they held the Pens top lines in its own zone two time for over minutes each and scored a goal. Tell the whole story not just the side that is negative. As far as Brash goes glad you guys are coming around to him. It isn't his fault he is here SAther and Torts wanted him and he took the money
No it was clear that Pits should have gotten a PP from Orr's actions.

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Cheli

Stole your lines. For the Leafs, this is what they were running in practise yesterday, it might be closer to what they play on the ice tonight:

Nikolai KuleminMikhail GrabovskiNiklas Hagman
Alexei PonikarovskyRickard WallinLee Stempniak
Jamal MayersMatt StajanJason Blake
Jay RosehillJohn MitchellColton Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Why is Blake on the leaf's third line? Its not like he's being blocked by the allstar talent in Toronto.
He has been worse than everyone above him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_nick View Post
best thing sather ever did, was staying away from mike komisarek. Maybe i am biased cause i'm a rangers fan living in montreal and i saw this guy play a lot. He stinks. At 4.5 a yeah i would consider him brutal.
He is tough when your down on the ice or when your a player like dubinsky or jordan staal and he knows he is stronger than you. Thats when he is tough.
Toronto has a bad team.
Also for those of you that know damian cox(tsn), he said toronto would make the playoffs taking NYR's spot. So the starts the 2 teams are having puts a smile on my face.
FU damian cox.
Damian Cox's main job is actually writing for the Toronto Star, 90% of the time it's the same "Leafs suck and they're hopeless" article (literally I'm pretty sure he recycles the same articles month after month), the other 10% of the time he writes something positive to catch everyone off-guard. A week or two ago he had the Leafs in the playoffs, now he's saying Burke needs to make panic moves before the team becomes an absolute disaster. In short, he is one of the big figures in the Toronto media circus, and you'll rarely ever come across anyone (especially in Toronto) who likes him.

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote