HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

(#6): 10/12/2009 • Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers • 7:00pm • MSG (HD)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2009, 10:01 AM
  #51
Avery316
guilty as charged
 
Avery316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
I never cared for useless Colton Orr, so I'll side with Brash..

Watched the first period of TOR/PIT on Saturday and it seemed Toronto's #1 concern was to try and get in as many fights as possible.
Youre right I felt the same way and I see its really working for them I hated Sandy McCarthy before he was a ranger and I felt the same way about Brash, I'm coming around the same way. He's a ranger now Orr isn't. Thank you Colton Orr for all your heart and hard work but that will only get you so far, I believe we upgraded....

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:05 AM
  #52
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ak10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Come GET SOME Leafs!



Expecting a W tonight. LGR.
Ha!

How can you kill the Leafs? Just don’t lead them so much………

ak10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:13 AM
  #53
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 71,408
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Mainly because it's so ****ing sad that some people on here can't support Brash. I hope he beats the tar out of Orr and wipes the ice with what's left of him. Just to see you people get bent out of shape.

So sick of people booing the guy. I mean, he's not Malik. It's not like he's not trying. He's OUR warrior now. Stop booing the guy and support him. What does he have to do to win you over?

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:26 AM
  #54
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,593
vCash: 500
I can understand why some people dislike Brashear, he doesn't always play the game cleanly.

But I also know that there are some Rangers fans who want the Rangers to become bigger and more physical. Brashear addresses both of these needs. Beggars can't be choosers....

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:29 AM
  #55
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Mainly because it's so ****ing sad that some people on here can't support Brash. I hope he beats the tar out of Orr and wipes the ice with what's left of him. Just to see you people get bent out of shape.

So sick of people booing the guy. I mean, he's not Malik. It's not like he's not trying. He's OUR warrior now. Stop booing the guy and support him. What does he have to do to win you over?
Thank you.... I'm so sick of people booing Brashear. I hope he beats the ever loving snot out of Orr tonight.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:45 AM
  #56
pwoz
Registered User
 
pwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Thank you.... I'm so sick of people booing Brashear. I hope he beats the ever loving snot out of Orr tonight.
Megadittos.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:47 AM
  #57
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV
 
UnderPSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Morris Co, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
So sick of people booing the guy. I mean, he's not Malik. It's not like he's not trying. He's OUR warrior now. Stop booing the guy and support him. What does he have to do to win you over?

Seriously. Some people will just never be satisfied.

LGR!!!

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:51 AM
  #58
NYRMatt
Registered User
 
NYRMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 1275
Joining the crew who doesn't mind Brashear in Ranger blue. He is a Ranger now and he has done nothing wrong (offensivly or defensivly) that could warrant much hate. He isn't like Malik/Rozsival who makes mistakes night in and night out. His role on the team is minor and for what he does, I applaud his effort. He is better than Colton Orr and honestly, I hope Brashear proves it tonight.

I have not regretted the Brashear signing since it happened.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:54 AM
  #59
ranger_nick
Registered User
 
ranger_nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
best thing sather ever did, was staying away from mike komisarek. Maybe i am biased cause i'm a rangers fan living in montreal and i saw this guy play a lot. He stinks. At 4.5 a yeah i would consider him brutal.
He is tough when your down on the ice or when your a player like dubinsky or jordan staal and he knows he is stronger than you. Thats when he is tough.
Toronto has a bad team.
Also for those of you that know damian cox(tsn), he said toronto would make the playoffs taking NYR's spot. So the starts the 2 teams are having puts a smile on my face.
FU damian cox.

ranger_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:11 AM
  #60
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:18 AM
  #61
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I agree, but doubt it will happen. Unless, of course, Torts is better than I think of him. Vali should start based on Torts performance-award approach. Hank could always jump in should it not working out.

LGR!!!!
It doesn't seem like you get the concept of a backup goalie.

Hank on average has been stopping about twice as many shots as Valiquette stopped yesterday. Vally just got lucky he caught the Ducks when they were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights. But yeah, let's insult Hank by playing the guy who's started 41 games in his career in back to back games because he saved 17 shots yesterday.

(btw, Vally played good yesterday, and I'm not taking that away from him. I just think he's vastly overrated on these boards in the same fashion that a lot of our third and fourth liners have been vastly overrated in the last few years. Rangers fans always have the solution it seems, when in reality there really isn't any problem to be fixed)*

*Rozsival not included.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:22 AM
  #62
savebyrichter35
Registered User
 
savebyrichter35's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
To all the season ticket holders going to the game tonight....myself and trueblue9441 are on the tickets for tonights game. We will be doing an autograph signing during both intermissions in section 420.

savebyrichter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:30 AM
  #63
IceBear86
Broadway Pride
 
IceBear86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Regensburg, Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
It doesn't seem like you get the concept of a backup goalie.

Hank on average has been stopping about twice as many shots as Valiquette stopped yesterday. Vally just got lucky he caught the Ducks when they were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights. But yeah, let's insult Hank by playing the guy who's started 41 games in his career in back to back games because he saved 17 shots yesterday.

(btw, Vally played good yesterday, and I'm not taking that away from him. I just think he's vastly overrated on these boards in the same fashion that a lot of our third and fourth liners have been vastly overrated in the last few years. Rangers fans always have the solution it seems, when in reality there really isn't any problem to be fixed)*

*Rozsival not included.
wait, sir. This isn't against Hank at all. It's just like a rule to me that a goalie gets the start after a shut out game, even if he's the backup guy.

IceBear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:33 AM
  #64
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,875
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Colton Orr hasn't made much of a contribution to Toronto. He had a tough time in the Laraque and Godard fights. Orr took a stupid Ryan Hollweg type penalty in Saturday's game against Matt Cooke.
OK Ranger
He took a stupid penalty I agree but if you saw what happened it was total B.S that they both weren't called as Coke dropped his gloves and face washed Orr and he threw a kick at Orr which could have been called a match. He also was on a line with Rosehill in the third they held the Pens top lines in its own zone two time for over minutes each and scored a goal. Tell the whole story not just the side that is negative. As far as Brash goes glad you guys are coming around to him. It isn't his fault he is here SAther and Torts wanted him and he took the money

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:41 AM
  #65
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,111
vCash: 373
This game has let down written all over it, today will show us if this team really is different under Torts. Playing a weaker opponent and not letting up would be a big plus in my books.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:49 AM
  #66
Evolved83
Registered User
 
Evolved83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
higgins is going to score tonight...

Evolved83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:51 AM
  #67
McNashty
› HATERS GON' HATE!
 
McNashty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,505
vCash: 827
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I hope Brashear kicks Orr's ass and tons of people cryyyyyyy.

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:53 AM
  #68
McMonster
Registered User
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,273
vCash: 500
I can't see the Leafs losing again tonight...

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:54 AM
  #69
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved83 View Post
higgins is going to score tonight...
Why do you say that - are you meeting up with him after the game?

Thank you, thank you - I'll be here 'til Thursday. Tip your waitresses and try the veal, it's excellent.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:55 AM
  #70
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Thank you.... I'm so sick of people booing Brashear. I hope he beats the ever loving snot out of Orr tonight.
amen, brash is a ranger and i hope he decks whoever he fights tonight. im sick of hearing people say theyll root for orr tonight because they like him and they ddont like brashear. hes not a ranger anymore

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:59 AM
  #71
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBear86 View Post
wait, sir. This isn't against Hank at all. It's just like a rule to me that a goalie gets the start after a shut out game, even if he's the backup guy.
Sounds reasonable, but honestly I don't feel too good about it. Aside from that fluke goal, Hank has been sharp to start off the season, and he is the better goalie. Maybe if he struggled in his first four games it would make more sense.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:01 PM
  #72
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,827
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
amen, brash is a ranger and i hope he decks whoever he fights tonight. im sick of hearing people say theyll root for orr tonight because they like him and they ddont like brashear. hes not a ranger anymore
Well, to be fair, we cheered Eddie when he wasn't a ranger anymore. Are you saying that if the Rangers and Devils traded entire rosters today, that you wouldn't be a bit miffed about it?

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:03 PM
  #73
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Well, to be fair, we cheered Eddie when he wasn't a ranger anymore. Are you saying that if the Rangers and Devils traded entire rosters today, that you wouldn't be a bit miffed about it?
Yes, because the Devils are a worse team.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:06 PM
  #74
SomE
Registered User
 
SomE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
OK Ranger
He took a stupid penalty I agree but if you saw what happened it was total B.S that they both weren't called as Coke dropped his gloves and face washed Orr and he threw a kick at Orr which could have been called a match. He also was on a line with Rosehill in the third they held the Pens top lines in its own zone two time for over minutes each and scored a goal. Tell the whole story not just the side that is negative. As far as Brash goes glad you guys are coming around to him. It isn't his fault he is here SAther and Torts wanted him and he took the money
No it was clear that Pits should have gotten a PP from Orr's actions.

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:11 PM
  #75
Cheli
Registered User
 
Cheli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto/Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,698
vCash: 500
Stole your lines. For the Leafs, this is what they were running in practise yesterday, it might be closer to what they play on the ice tonight:

Nikolai KuleminMikhail GrabovskiNiklas Hagman
Alexei PonikarovskyRickard WallinLee Stempniak
Jamal MayersMatt StajanJason Blake
Jay RosehillJohn MitchellColton Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Why is Blake on the leaf's third line? Its not like he's being blocked by the allstar talent in Toronto.
He has been worse than everyone above him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_nick View Post
best thing sather ever did, was staying away from mike komisarek. Maybe i am biased cause i'm a rangers fan living in montreal and i saw this guy play a lot. He stinks. At 4.5 a yeah i would consider him brutal.
He is tough when your down on the ice or when your a player like dubinsky or jordan staal and he knows he is stronger than you. Thats when he is tough.
Toronto has a bad team.
Also for those of you that know damian cox(tsn), he said toronto would make the playoffs taking NYR's spot. So the starts the 2 teams are having puts a smile on my face.
FU damian cox.
Damian Cox's main job is actually writing for the Toronto Star, 90% of the time it's the same "Leafs suck and they're hopeless" article (literally I'm pretty sure he recycles the same articles month after month), the other 10% of the time he writes something positive to catch everyone off-guard. A week or two ago he had the Leafs in the playoffs, now he's saying Burke needs to make panic moves before the team becomes an absolute disaster. In short, he is one of the big figures in the Toronto media circus, and you'll rarely ever come across anyone (especially in Toronto) who likes him.

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.