HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#5 - 10.11.09 | Anaheim Ducks @ NY Rangers | 5:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
CaptainObvi0us
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Didn't see any of the post-game interviews posted so excuse me if they were

Here are the game highlights & the audio clips of Tortorella, Valiquette & Kotalik speaking after last night's game

CaptainObvi0us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:40 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You cant play both sides against the middle, 94. Its really nice to say that this kid could be good and needs time to develop. In fact, if Lisin came on the scene last season when our forward core was an embrassment led by a heartless dog in Zherdev, I'd have been in favor of penciling Lisin into the lineup every single night.

Time have changed. We are much deeper up front and as a result, I just think its a matter of time before Lisin becomes a victim of the numbers game.
You can call Zherdev different name every time his mentioning arises, but it wont change the fact that he hasn't been replaced. Lisin may do that. If not this season, than next. I, for instance, do not mind him going to Hartford for awhile, but the attempt to develop a crafty forward must be continuing. Effort wins the games, but effort is easier to get than talent. Once you start playing numbers game with talent, you end up with Callahan at best and Voros on the low end. I other words, winning now should obscure the development or there will be no tomorrow.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
You can call Zherdev different name every time his mentioning arises, but it wont change the fact that he hasn't been replaced. Lisin may do that. If not this season, than next. I, for instance, do not mind him going to Hartford for awhile, but the attempt to develop a crafty forward must be continuing. Effort wins the games, but effort is easier to get than talent. Once you start playing numbers game with talent, you end up with Callahan at best and Voros on the low end. I other words, winning now should obscure the development or there will be no tomorrow.
I would say that Gaborik has replaced Zherdev and then some.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Made it to the game last night and of course had a great time. But, one little piece here you won't find in other blogs. Got in early on a promise to make my girlfriend to see the city. We had a few friends with us. When we got off the train at Penn we headed out to the street. It's about 1:30 or so. As we walked outside of Penn, we see Chris Drury. He dressed up in a real nice suit of course. And there is a small paparazzi following him. He takes pictures for weveryone and then walks over the the parking garage. He was pretty much walking right next to us. Rather than mugging him for his autograph like the mini-paparazzi did, I just look over at him and sadi..."Go get em tonight Cap!"...He said..."Will do", and with that we parted ways, but...He walked inbetween the pilings which are underneath the overhang when you exit Penn station. Unfortunately, his suit jacket get stuck on the piling and he stops dead in his tracks to not rip it. Slightly embarrasing, but hey it happens. But...that wasn't the worst part. The pilings yesterday were all freshly painted!!!!! Which resulted in fresh paint all over the Captains new grey suit! I have to say though...Most men would have cursed bloody murder for just ruining thier new suits. Chris took it right in stride like the true professional he is. Even after the whole incident, there was another small paparazzi that ran up to him for pics. He stopped to take every one. That is something that many a player simply would not do.
7 million dollars a year buys a whole lot of suits...

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I would say that Gaborik has replaced Zherdev and then some.
Not really. Gaborik is Jagr replacement. Zherdev might be considered as such, but in fact he replaced Shanahan. If you use Jagr team as an example of balance (last team was incomplete) then Kotalik is much improved Hossa replacement, while Lisin plays where Prucha was. Prospal is a new Straka.

Old
10-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Not really. Gaborik is Jagr replacement. Zherdev might be considered as such, but in fact he replaced Shanahan. If you use Jagr team as an example of balance (last team was incomplete) then Kotalik is much improved Hossa replacement, while Lisin plays where Prucha was.
WTF does the Jagr teams have to do with this years team!?

I'll answer for you. Nothing. But for some reason you see that team as a template for every future NYR teams success. Yeeeeah.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:36 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
offdacrossbar- I'm just saying, man, that there's a backlash against Lisin to some degree and it's because of how much you and a few others touted him leading up to the season. Some of the criticism is off base and unfair, I'll give you that, but again...this is an environment you created.
Karma is a Beeyach for all the Zherdev bagging. I'm perfectly happy with Lisin as Z's replacement. He's fun to watch.

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:41 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
WTF does the Jagr teams have to do with this years team!?

I'll answer for you. Nothing. But for some reason you see that team as a template for every future NYR teams success. Yeeeeah.
Balance. That is every GM's goal. Once you failed to accomplish it, you can blame players, coach, chemistry... whatever.
What I was trying to say was since Kotalik is fine utility player (Hossa's role) it is okay to use him as such.

Old
10-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Balance. That is every GM's goal. Once you failed to accomplish it, you can blame players, coach, chemistry... whatever.
What I was trying to say was since Kotalik is fine utility player (Hossa's role) it is okay to use him as such.
You always make good points like the one here about Kotalik, but the logic behind 'balance' is totally meaningless.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote