HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

"Buffalo Gals" - 10.10.09 - Nashville vs. Buffalo

Old
10-12-2009, 01:19 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Rinne deserved a W.

The rest of the team deserved their L.

It easily could have been 4-0 Buffalo after the first period if not for Rinne and some whiffs by BUF players.

Rinne was awesome!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I completely disagree. I think Laakso looked fine tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
He got hemmed in is own zone often, and considering he doesnt play much to begin with it seemed like it happened every shift.
They way I saw it (again watched the game after reading the comments here) that he was in trouble with Kennedy (and no one else) on three occasions. Now, at least one of those cases was because Kennedy made a really great little play, not because Laakso did anything wrong. Also, most of the other Preds d-men were in trouble with Kennedy as well.

He was on the ice for 10 full shifts and 4 short stints, so I would hardly call it "every time he was on the ice". Not to mention the fact that he had a pretty good game otherwise. It's funny that you should only notice his mistakes, especially since most of you guys here seem to completely ignore any mistakes Weber and Suter make.

But yeah, I do think he played worse against Buffalo than he did against Colorado, but I still wouldn't call it a bad game from him.

Quote:
We could probably go on and on about this, but there is a reason that he is the only Dman on the team to have less than 10 minutes TOI at even strength.
Then again, his ice time seems to be increasing a bit and he also got PK shifts (which is something coaches rarely give to horrible defensemen, especially in a close game like that), so I'd say it's just a case of the coaching staff "breaking him in" slowly. And I've seen this guy play enough to tell you that his play will only get better when he gets more ice time, although I'm not suggesting they should just give it to him right now. A lot of guys who have played D can tell you that it's extremely hard to get in the game when you don't get a regular shift.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:50 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
We're 2-1-0 with 6 goals for and 5 goals against. Ward played his first game last night, we haven't been able to use Wilson, and Dumont was down for two of those games. I don't think it's time to be worried about whether or not this team is going to have what it takes to make the playoffs. Give them at least 13 or so more games.

On the bright side, our goaltending looks fantastic so far (save a mental error or two), and our defense isn't doing too poorly.
Fair points, I came back in off the ledge after I read this.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:19 PM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
So I'm watching this game last night on Center Ice (Direct TV has a free preview) and it's the Buffalo feed. Suter made a great open ice throw down (in the first I think?) and then there is a stoppage and they go to break. As they come back from break, Buffalo's announcers do a replay of the play and are complimenting Suter on the great play... the buffalo forward was trying to deke, but Suter didn't fall for it and just played the body.

Then the puck drops and the guy throws in this little tidbit of trivia: two of Nashville's defensemen were invited to the Canadian Olympics this year: Dan Hamhuis was one and the other was Ryan Suter.

Now I know he could have meant "to the Olympics in Canada", but it sure sounded like he meant to the Canadian team for the Olympics and he totally forgot about Shea Weber. Just thought I'd throw that in.

quartermaster29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:51 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
the way that guy pronounced Erat and Rinne drove me crazy all night

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartermaster29 View Post
Then the puck drops and the guy throws in this little tidbit of trivia: two of Nashville's defensemen were invited to the Canadian Olympics this year: Dan Hamhuis was one and the other was Ryan Suter.

Now I know he could have meant "to the Olympics in Canada", but it sure sounded like he meant to the Canadian team for the Olympics and he totally forgot about Shea Weber. Just thought I'd throw that in.
I'm pretty sure ESPN360 had the same feed, and at least at one point they mentioned that Nashville had three defensemen who were invited to Olympic Teams...

I liked their commentators, though. They weren't totally blind homers, and even mentioned Predators players by name (instead of just saying "Predators clear it" or "Predators manage to keep it in the zone") and even talked about some of them.

Quote:
the way that guy pronounced Erat and Rinne drove me crazy all night
Yeah, me too. I also thought he pronounced Arnott in a funny way at least a few times. Like he left a gap between "Ar" and "nott" or something.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:57 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
ham house anyone?

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote