HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas looking for puck moving D,Brunnstrom available

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2009, 12:53 PM
  #76
Ajacied
Remember #9
 
Ajacied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 23,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
Yup, i'm with this one.

Brunnstrom isn't a bust, but he doesn't get you Kaberle.

A straight flip of White and Brunnstrom seems fair to me.
And where would White fit in? The Stars have an abundance of defenseman. Their depth is very solid. What they lack are top flight defenseman and White sure isn't one.

Ajacied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:54 PM
  #77
sgupca
Registered User
 
sgupca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
If Brunnstrom can become consistent defensively, he'll have much more potential than White. That's a BIG IF though.
Oh i completely agree, Brunnstrom has more upside than White

That being said, at the current date White is a better NHL'er than Fabian.


White also makes 1.5mil less than Fabian.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:55 PM
  #78
sgupca
Registered User
 
sgupca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajacied View Post
And where would White fit in? The Stars have an abundance of defenseman. Their depth is very solid. What they lack are top flight defenseman and White sure isn't one.
Then like i said in one of my previous post....Brunnstrom doesn't get you a top-tier D'man

Unless you want Brian Campbell...i'm sure Chicago would love to flip him for Fabian.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:56 PM
  #79
Ogi1Kenobi
Registered User
 
Ogi1Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Too bad they're not looking at prospects...I'd do Sanguinetti and a pick (maybe 3rd round or so) for Brunnstrom. Though it is taking a risk from the Rangers perspective too since they don't know for sure yet if Del Zotto is going to continue to look good and pan out.
I would actually be fine if a deal like this went down. I'm a fan of Del Zotto's game.

Brunnstrom for Del Zotto straight up?

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:59 PM
  #80
Ajacied
Remember #9
 
Ajacied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 23,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
Then like i said in one of my previous post....Brunnstrom doesn't get you a top-tier D'man

Unless you want Brian Campbell...i'm sure Chicago would love to flip him for Fabian.
I don't tink Brunnstrom will land a top flight defenseman, either. But he can be a solid foundation in eventually getting one.

Ajacied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:00 PM
  #81
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 10,073
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
I would actually be fine if a deal like this went down. I'm a fan of Del Zotto's game.

Brunnstrom for Del Zotto straight up?
You are joking I hope. Rangers would LAUGH all day at this and then some.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:04 PM
  #82
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,004
vCash: 500
A 4-way deal.

To Dallas: Campbell
To Pittsburg: Ponikarosvski, Stajan, Dallas 1st 2010
To Toronto: J. Staal, Kyle Beach
To Chicago: Kaberle, P. Larsen (Dallas prospect)


So Dallas gives up a 1st and a good prospect in Larsen to get a cap heavy player they need in Campbell.
Pittsburgh gives up Staal, a player they need but who is wasted as a 3rd liner and they gain a very good 3rd line centre in Stajan and a big body with good hands to play with either Crosby or Malkin in Poni along with a 1st round pick.
Toronto gives up their best player in Kaberle and two solid players who actually are 2 of the ones who have actually performed in Stajan and Poni but gain a first line centre in Staal and a top offensive prospect in Beach who is a Burkie kind of player.
Chicago gives up a future first liner in Beach and a good but expensive defenceman in Campbell but gain one of the best contracts for 2 more seasons in the NHL with Kaberle and the extra $3m in cap space along with a good d prospect in Larsen.


So is it a deal? To messy? Some team have to give up a little more?

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:05 PM
  #83
sgupca
Registered User
 
sgupca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
You are joking I hope. Rangers would LAUGH all day at this and then some.
I agree, Del Zotto isnt going anywhere

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:07 PM
  #84
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
A 4-way deal.

To Dallas: Campbell
To Pittsburg: Ponikarosvski, Stajan, Dallas 1st 2010
To Toronto: J. Staal, Kyle Beach
To Chicago: Kaberle, P. Larsen (Dallas prospect)


So Dallas gives up a 1st and a good prospect in Larsen to get a cap heavy player they need in Campbell.
Pittsburgh gives up Staal, a player they need but who is wasted as a 3rd liner and they gain a very good 3rd line centre in Stajan and a big body with good hands to play with either Crosby or Malkin in Poni along with a 1st round pick.
Toronto gives up their best player in Kaberle and two solid players who actually are 2 of the ones who have actually performed in Stajan and Poni but gain a first line centre in Staal and a top offensive prospect in Beach who is a Burkie kind of player.
Chicago gives up a future first liner in Beach and a good but expensive defenceman in Campbell but gain one of the best contracts for 2 more seasons in the NHL with Kaberle and the extra $3m in cap space along with a good d prospect in Larsen.


So is it a deal? To messy? Some team have to give up a little more?
Dallas want's no part of Campbell albatross contract! We would have interest in Duncan Keith. Chicago is not going to be able to resign one of Toews, Kane, Versteeg or Keith unless they move Campbell and no team will want him.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:07 PM
  #85
sgupca
Registered User
 
sgupca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajacied View Post
I don't tink Brunnstrom will land a top flight defenseman, either. But he can be a solid foundation in eventually getting one.
Then i think we can agree on that...lol

If you were looking for a straight flip Brunnstrom will get you a guy like Ian White

But in a bigger deal (if a 1st was added and maybe a D prospect) you could get a guy like Barker, Kaberle, JM Liles, etc...

So

1st Rd Pick
Fabian
(maybe a prospect) - depending on the deal

would get you a top pairing guy

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:09 PM
  #86
sgupca
Registered User
 
sgupca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
A 4-way deal.

To Dallas: Campbell
To Pittsburg: Ponikarosvski, Stajan, Dallas 1st 2010
To Toronto: J. Staal, Kyle Beach
To Chicago: Kaberle, P. Larsen (Dallas prospect)


So Dallas gives up a 1st and a good prospect in Larsen to get a cap heavy player they need in Campbell.
Pittsburgh gives up Staal, a player they need but who is wasted as a 3rd liner and they gain a very good 3rd line centre in Stajan and a big body with good hands to play with either Crosby or Malkin in Poni along with a 1st round pick.
Toronto gives up their best player in Kaberle and two solid players who actually are 2 of the ones who have actually performed in Stajan and Poni but gain a first line centre in Staal and a top offensive prospect in Beach who is a Burkie kind of player.
Chicago gives up a future first liner in Beach and a good but expensive defenceman in Campbell but gain one of the best contracts for 2 more seasons in the NHL with Kaberle and the extra $3m in cap space along with a good d prospect in Larsen.


So is it a deal? To messy? Some team have to give up a little more?
Toronto probably does this, being Staal and Beach have massive upsides...but there is zero chance Dallas does this....they don't want Campbell's contract.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:09 PM
  #87
Ogi1Kenobi
Registered User
 
Ogi1Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
Then like i said in one of my previous post....Brunnstrom doesn't get you a top-tier D'man

Unless you want Brian Campbell...i'm sure Chicago would love to flip him for Fabian.
I can see a deal like:

To Chi:
Brunnstrom (2.25mil) RFA at the end of the season
Daley (2.3mil.)

To Dal:
Campbell (7.1 mil.) + pick

Chicago sheds 2.44 mil. and has an option to resign Brunnstrom if they wish too. While Dallas adds 2.44 mil. and solve the PP woes for the next 4-5 years. Dallas fans will hate this because Campbell's contract looks bad, but at least I now what I'm getting in 50-60 pts PMD.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:10 PM
  #88
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
I can see a deal like:

To Chi:
Brunnstrom (2.25mil) RFA at the end of the season
Daley (2.3mil.)

To Dal:
Campbell (7.1 mil.) + pick

Chicago sheds 2.44 mil. and has an option to resign Brunnstrom if they wish too. While Dallas adds 2.44 mil. and solve the PP woes for the next 4-5 years. Dallas fans will hate this because Campbell's contract looks bad, but at least I now what I'm getting in 50-60 pts PMD.
Rather have Duncan Keith over any of Chicago's other D men.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:11 PM
  #89
Ajacied
Remember #9
 
Ajacied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 23,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
Then i think we can agree on that...lol

If you were looking for a straight flip Brunnstrom will get you a guy like Ian White

But in a bigger deal (if a 1st was added and maybe a D prospect) you could get a guy like Barker, Kaberle, JM Liles, etc...

So

1st Rd Pick
Fabian
(maybe a prospect) - depending on the deal

would get you a top pairing guy
Perhaps it would. Nasvhille would also be a good trading partner if the Stars were to lay that offer on the table.

As for that megadeal above. I don't think the Stars would trade Larsen straight up for Campbell, let alone add a potentialy high first round draft pick.

Ajacied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:11 PM
  #90
Ogi1Kenobi
Registered User
 
Ogi1Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
You are joking I hope. Rangers would LAUGH all day at this and then some.
Holy geez, I didn't know The Rangers were so high on this kid. I take it back.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:13 PM
  #91
Ogi1Kenobi
Registered User
 
Ogi1Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee Seeking Scud View Post
Rather have Duncan Keith over any of Chicago's other D men.
It's not going to happen. The Hawks will resign Keith first if not 2nd.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:17 PM
  #92
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
It's not going to happen. The Hawks will resign Keith first if not 2nd.
Toews and Kane are going to be the 1st 2 signed i would think. I heard they have like $13 million left next year to sing like 10 players.

If not Keith how about Seabrook?

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:19 PM
  #93
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 10,073
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
Holy geez, I didn't know The Rangers were so high on this kid. I take it back.
He has 5 pts in 5 games, 2 goals 3 assists and he runs the Rangers PP at 19 years old. He's been absolutely amazing so far. No offense to your offer but yeah it wouldn't exactly go over well in Ranger nation.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:20 PM
  #94
Ogi1Kenobi
Registered User
 
Ogi1Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee Seeking Scud View Post
Rather have Duncan Keith over any of Chicago's other D men.
It's not going to happen. The Hawks will resign Keith first if not 2nd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajacied View Post
Perhaps it would. Nasvhille would also be a good trading partner if the Stars were to lay that offer on the table.

As for that megadeal above. I don't think the Stars would trade Larsen straight up for Campbell, let alone add a potentialy high first round draft pick.
I agree, Dallas can't take Campbell's contract without giving up excess salary.

Are you referring to acquiring Hamhuis? Because Suter is definitely going to cost us one of Neal or Eriksson and Weber is untouchable or could cost us both Neal & Eriksson + 1st rd picks for the next 5 years. (That still might not be enough.)

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:23 PM
  #95
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
It's not going to happen. The Hawks will resign Keith first if not 2nd.


I agree, Dallas can't take Campbell's contract without giving up excess salary.

Are you referring to acquiring Hamhuis? Because Suter is definitely going to cost us one of Neal or Eriksson and Weber is untouchable or could cost us both Neal & Eriksson + 1st rd picks for the next 5 years. (That still might not be enough.)
Dallas does not want to take on his salary because its way more than he is worth and it is goes through the 2015-2016 season. If Joe trades for that **** he deserves to be knocked the **** out.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:26 PM
  #96
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
Toronto probably does this, being Staal and Beach have massive upsides...but there is zero chance Dallas does this....they don't want Campbell's contract.
But Dallas is one of the teams who can afford his contract. And it is not like they have not traded for players with big contracts before but I see your point. The contract is terrible.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:28 PM
  #97
Ogi1Kenobi
Registered User
 
Ogi1Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee Seeking Scud View Post
Toews and Kane are going to be the 1st 2 signed i would think. I heard they have like $13 million left next year to sing like 10 players.

If not Keith how about Seabrook?
I heard Chicago Fans saying that Keith will be signed before Kane. Who knows? I think the only D-Man Dallas has shot at is Campbell (highly doubt its going to happen) or possibly Barker. Keith is untoucable and Seabrook is going to take overpayment + more to pry out of Chicago. Those two are the Hawks top pairing. They complement each other perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
He has 5 pts in 5 games, 2 goals 3 assists and he runs the Rangers PP at 19 years old. He's been absolutely amazing so far. No offense to your offer but yeah it wouldn't exactly go over well in Ranger nation.
No offense taken. I thought he just scored 2 goals I didn't know he was that amazing How about McDonagh? Are NYR Fans really high on him too?

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:30 PM
  #98
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
I can see a deal like:

To Chi:
Brunnstrom (2.25mil) RFA at the end of the season
Daley (2.3mil.)

To Dal:
Campbell (7.1 mil.) + pick

Chicago sheds 2.44 mil. and has an option to resign Brunnstrom if they wish too. While Dallas adds 2.44 mil. and solve the PP woes for the next 4-5 years. Dallas fans will hate this because Campbell's contract looks bad, but at least I now what I'm getting in 50-60 pts PMD.
Brunnstrom's cap hit is $875K... the rest are in bonuses which he may or may not achieve, but they don't automatically count against the cap since they can be deferred to next season.

I don't know how Dallas would be able to manage their cap though with a trade like this... this trade would put them within a few $100K of the cap this season, but next season they have a couple key RFAs that will be getting substantial increases in Niskanen and Neal, have to replace (or re-sign) Turco, and have a $4.5mill increase with Eriksson and Robidas's extensions. With the unlikelihood of the cap going up next season, I don't think this is a position that Dallas (and most other teams) would want to put themselves in.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:34 PM
  #99
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
I would actually be fine if a deal like this went down. I'm a fan of Del Zotto's game.

Brunnstrom for Del Zotto straight up?
Nah, Bruunstrom for Sanguinetti though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
No offense taken. I thought he just scored 2 goals I didn't know he was that amazing How about McDonagh? Are NYR Fans really high on him too?
I'd hang onto McDonagh as well. He's not as well known since the Rangers just acquired him, but I think his game fits more into what the Rangers will need going forward.

The reason I keep offering Sanguinetti is the idea that Del Zotto and Gilroy are showing that they're legit players and could be the offensive defensemen the Rangers need for a long time to come. I'm not sure that three offensive defensemen will work in the same lineup, though, so the Rangers might shop Sanguinetti. McDonagh is more of a "two way" guy and probably compliments Del Zotto and Gilroy better than Sanguinetti.

However, it's still really early and Gilroy or Del Zotto could bomb out and Sanguinetti ends up the better player, soo...there's some risk in making a snap decision like that so early.

I think Sanguinetti will be a legit NHLer, but I'm not sure his upside is quite as high as Del Zotto, and Gilroy kind of has his own nitch as a puck skating defenseman.

However I also acknowledge that Sanguinetti probably doesn't look terribly attractive yet as trade bait. Was just kind of throwing stuff out there

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:54 PM
  #100
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
i actually think campbell to dallas is an ideal solution. Kind of how Richards to dallas was such a good solution.

Dallas has very little salary committed to next year, and other than some nominal RFA raises (+ a raise to steve ott), the only major place they have to spend is in goal - and i'd be surprised if turco gets a raise.

Something like: Campbell, Skille (8.3) for Brunnstrom, Woywitka, and Sutheby (3.6M)

__________________
RIP Kev.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.