HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Lines for tonight

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2003, 02:04 AM
justapantherfan

vCash: 500
Lines for tonight

Mike Keenan plans to use a mostly NHL-based lineup tonight when the Panthers host the Carolina Hurricanes in each team's preseason opener.

Marcus Nilson-Olli Jokinen-Viktor Kozlov
Kristian Huselius-Matt Cullen-Valeri Bure line,

Others playing tonight.
Mikael Samuelsson
Eric Messier - blue line
Jay Bouwmeester
Darcy Hordichuk
Jeff Paul
Nathan Horton
Anthony Stewart.

Roberto Luongo will start in goal.

Not sure of who else is playing but this is better then nothing.

Old
09-19-2003, 03:42 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by justapantherfan
Mike Keenan plans to use a mostly NHL-based lineup tonight when the Panthers host the Carolina Hurricanes in each team's preseason opener.
Not sure of who else is playing but this is better then nothing.
I'm not to damn thrilled about seeing Jesse Boulerice will be playing for the 'Canes, especially with the Panthers' top players on the ice. This is the guy, after all, that nearly killed one of the Panthers' prospects with a baseball bat swing to the head during a game in either juniors or the ECHL because he got a little p****d with the guy's play. Don't know if it's because of the incident, but that prospect went from being fairly promising to never panning out. Andrew something or other...can't remember the name. Boulerice was banned from the league he was in, but the Flyers had to pick him up and gave him a shot at the big leagues.

When are pro sports going to realize they need some kind of moral standards if they want to protect the integrity (and long-term profitability) of their sports?

Old
09-19-2003, 05:11 AM
justapantherfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
I'm not to damn thrilled about seeing Jesse Boulerice will be playing for the 'Canes, especially with the Panthers' top players on the ice.

Well with any luck besides Darcy grant will be roaming the ice.

They also think there are going to be a few fights tonight.

Old
09-19-2003, 05:52 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
I'm not to damn thrilled about seeing Jesse Boulerice will be playing for the 'Canes, especially with the Panthers' top players on the ice. This is the guy, after all, that nearly killed one of the Panthers' prospects with a baseball bat swing to the head during a game in either juniors or the ECHL because he got a little p****d with the guy's play. Don't know if it's because of the incident, but that prospect went from being fairly promising to never panning out. Andrew something or other...can't remember the name. Boulerice was banned from the league he was in, but the Flyers had to pick him up and gave him a shot at the big leagues.

When are pro sports going to realize they need some kind of moral standards if they want to protect the integrity (and long-term profitability) of their sports?
The kid's name was Andrew Long. He was a decent prospect, but not one who was expected to really make the team before this incident. Either way, that's not something that is tolerated at the NHL level. The game is way different.

Old
09-19-2003, 06:09 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther
The kid's name was Andrew Long. He was a decent prospect, but not one who was expected to really make the team before this incident. Either way, that's not something that is tolerated at the NHL level. The game is way different.
It might not be tolerated, but the message doesn't come down hard enough. Cases in point: Marty McSorley's career ending crosscheck on
Donald Brashear (I mean his own career, incidentally), Rich Pilon's attempt to take Mario Lemieux's head off in an Islanders/Penguins game the year of Lemieux's former retirement or maybe it was the year before(luckily for Pilon, he missed), Ruslan Salei's flagrant hit from behind on Mike Modano that caused Modano to crash into the boards head-first at top speed and made it look like Modano's neck had snapped as it folded over, and Bryan Marchment's continuous assault against the knees of the NHL's star players/ These are just some of the more high-profile incidents in the last seven years or so.

Don't know if it's the NHL's anti-goon rules stopping enforcers from doing their jobs properly or simply the same gradual erosion of respect and morals that's affected society at large, but perhaps much harsher penalties are in order to make players stop and think about their actions.

Old
09-19-2003, 06:49 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Don't know if it's the NHL's anti-goon rules stopping enforcers from doing their jobs properly .
That's precisely what it is, my friend. If you'll notice, the "crackdown on fighting" has coincided almost perfectly with the increase in knee injuries and concussions.

Let the players police themselves and you won't see nearly the amount of injuries to star players.

Old
09-19-2003, 08:32 AM
Acadmus

The lineup isn't available until near gametime, but the list of eligible players can be found here:

http://www.floridapanthers.com/press.../preview.shtml

Since the Panthers are only carrying 4 extra players, it's more or less the roster for tonight's game. Plus, only 'Berto and Mason are listed as goalies, so I guess Hurme's not playing tonight.

Old
09-19-2003, 10:32 AM
rmp

Why isn't Weiss on that list?

Old
09-19-2003, 10:33 AM
PanthersRule96

What do they mean by "eligible" players. I would have liked to see Taticek when I go tonight but obviously I won't be. Its too bad Novaks out. For any of you guys who talked to Duds, how are Krajicek and Nedorosts recoveries going? How serious is Novak's sprained ankle and how long is it before Campbells back?

Old
09-19-2003, 11:12 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
What do they mean by "eligible" players. I would have liked to see Taticek when I go tonight but obviously I won't be. Its too bad Novaks out. For any of you guys who talked to Duds, how are Krajicek and Nedorosts recoveries going? How serious is Novak's sprained ankle and how long is it before Campbells back?
I'll guess it's to do with which names they submit to the league as potential players in the game. But I don't know. Probably any names omitted will be on the roster for the Colorado game. They can't play everyone, and they have to try people out. As for tonight, though, they've included the possible top-two lines as a treat for you South Florida-based fans who want to see the top guys play. Lucky dogs

Old
09-19-2003, 01:04 PM
PanthersRule96

Personally in an exhibition game, I'd rather see Horton, Campbell, Stewart, Taticek, Novak and Krajicek over Kozlov, Jokinen and Nilson, but I'm looking forward to seeing Val light it up tonight along with Cullen and Husse.

Old
09-20-2003, 06:19 AM
Clash*

quite possibly the rest of the squad was flyin for their game against Colorado, so as to not have to hurry today before the game. Keenan, Duds and the boys could have been flyin out later.

Closed Thread