HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10-12-09 Avs at Bruins 1:00 PM EST

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2009, 08:09 PM
  #326
avs1dacup
Registered User
 
avs1dacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,455
vCash: 500
They explained this after the game today. Vs. has exclusive rights to the timeslot, meaning all games at that time cannot be shown on TV.

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 08:25 PM
  #327
Jori
Registered User
 
Jori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 20,216
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup View Post
They explained this after the game today. Vs. has exclusive rights to the timeslot, meaning all games at that time cannot be shown on TV.
I assume the Toronto feed wont be blacked out on Center Ice then?

__________________
Colorado Avalanche Prospects-- News and updates on the future of the Colorado Avalanche!
Colorado's Future -- Team * Manning * MacKinnon * Tulowitzki?
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 08:32 PM
  #328
avs1dacup
Registered User
 
avs1dacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
I assume the Toronto feed wont be blacked out on Center Ice then?
I have no idea. They were rather confused by it as well. Guess we shall find out.

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 09:43 PM
  #329
shadow1
Registered User
 
shadow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 11,493
vCash: 500
Yeah, not so worried about facing Toronto tomorrow, especially if Toskala is in net.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 09:46 PM
  #330
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes
 
Bill Peckerskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 5,986
vCash: 500
RIS is apparently a Canadian TV Channel associated with RDS.

If the game is not on US TV because of the VS thing, you can probably find it on the internet on Justin.TV, UStream.com, or ChannelSurfing.net.

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 09:51 PM
  #331
Foppa Frossa
Registered User
 
Foppa Frossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Yeah, not so worried about facing Toronto tomorrow, especially if Toskala is in net.
If we're still dealing with the old Avs, we should be very worried

Foppa Frossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 09:57 PM
  #332
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan
 
Helton4Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storming the Gates
Country: South Korea
Posts: 19,264
vCash: 500
I hope we can find a feed.

Helton4Hall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:03 PM
  #333
PugPuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Yeah, not so worried about facing Toronto tomorrow, especially if Toskala is in net.

according to mirtle, joey macdonald is going get the start tomorrow night

PugPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:08 PM
  #334
Pure
Registered User
 
Pure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugPuck View Post
according to mirtle, joey macdonald is going get the start tomorrow night
I can see the Leafs come out firing tomorrow. Hope our D and Budaj can face the challenge. I DO NOT want to give the leafs their first win of the season.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:12 PM
  #335
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan
 
Helton4Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storming the Gates
Country: South Korea
Posts: 19,264
vCash: 500
I hate brian burke.

Helton4Hall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:42 PM
  #336
Adama0905
Registered User
 
Adama0905's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,148
vCash: 500
I'm not that worried about tomorrow, although I'm pretty sure a lot of people are probably taking us over the Leafs tomorrow, and last season we lost a crapton of the games that we SHOULD have won.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:31 PM
  #337
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,353
vCash: 900
As a person who lives just outside of Toronto, I really, reeaaally hope we don't go out there and stink up the joint. We've got to win or I'll hear about it being the Leafs first win for a long time(until they win their 2nd).

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:40 PM
  #338
NWAvs
Registered User
 
NWAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Seattle
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Most likely it will be Budaj against the Monster. Lets show him who he should have picked!

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:49 PM
  #339
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,353
vCash: 900
Oh, and I cannot say enough about Ryan O'Reilly and TJ Galiardi.

The defensive plays they make have you doubting that they're actually rookies, and in RO'R's case a friggin' teenager. They are rarely poorly positioned defensively. All it takes is that one mental slip when a team is cycling on you, and they can capitalize. These two guys are always between the opponent and the net, everything comes with pressure to keep the opposition to the boards.

They have instantly become our best defensive forwards. Consistently getting the most PK time of all forwards. Today, TJ led all forwards with 4:59 of PK time and RO'R had 3:15. Just shows that Sacco is acknowleding their great contributions and using them in the key situations.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:59 PM
  #340
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 23,098
vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvs View Post
Most likely it will be Budaj against the Monster. Lets show him who he should have picked!
The Monster is hurt...and we will lose because this is a game we SHOULD win.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:05 AM
  #341
NWAvs
Registered User
 
NWAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Seattle
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Hes hurt? Toskala on back to back games.. harsh. I hope I enjoy our game tomorrow and we get the 2.

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:49 AM
  #342
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
As a person who lives just outside of Toronto, I really, reeaaally hope we don't go out there and stink up the joint. We've got to win or I'll hear about it being the Leafs first win for a long time(until they win their 2nd).
It could be weeks!

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:59 AM
  #343
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvs View Post
Hes hurt? Toskala on back to back games.. harsh. I hope I enjoy our game tomorrow and we get the 2.
It'll probably be Budaj vs MacDonald. Set your DVRs, this epic match-up might be one to hang onto.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:20 AM
  #344
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Oh, and I cannot say enough about Ryan O'Reilly and TJ Galiardi.

The defensive plays they make have you doubting that they're actually rookies, and in RO'R's case a friggin' teenager. They are rarely poorly positioned defensively. All it takes is that one mental slip when a team is cycling on you, and they can capitalize. These two guys are always between the opponent and the net, everything comes with pressure to keep the opposition to the boards.

They have instantly become our best defensive forwards. Consistently getting the most PK time of all forwards. Today, TJ led all forwards with 4:59 of PK time and RO'R had 3:15. Just shows that Sacco is acknowleding their great contributions and using them in the key situations.
I agree. If O'Reilly keeps playing like he has the last couple games, it will be hard to send him down. He's helping the team win games, and is our best PKing forward. If he left it would leave a bit of a hole, not something Hensick would be able to fill. I guess Galiardi could center the third line and Hendricks the fourth, but I'd like to have Galiardi play LW on a line with RoR.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 04:44 AM
  #345
NWAvs
Registered User
 
NWAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Seattle
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
It'll probably be Budaj vs MacDonald. Set your DVRs, this epic match-up might be one to hang onto.
I hope MacDonald is a terrible goaltender, and Duchene gets some goals SON!

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 06:03 AM
  #346
El_Loco_Avs
Registered User
 
El_Loco_Avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 7,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Haven't seen the hit myself but it sounds similar to the "gang-up" hit on Jared Boll by two different Canucks earlier this season, which was outright dirty and only garnered a slap-on-the-wrist fine for Hordichuk. But like this and head shots and the like the NHL is moving at a snail's pace to address the issue. Actually, that's an insult to snails, the NHL has done nothing at all.
I remember that one as well, I think. Didn't like that one at all.

Oh well. Galiardi fought through that one and got the assist. Shouldn't really complain when three guys on the PP go to one guy.
Jonesey got the goal! Awesome! I wonder what the lines will be for next game.

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.