HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak to Hawks

Old
10-13-2009, 01:44 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Cap. He's set to make 3 mill a year.

My choices of players to go after on Chicago are:

Barker
Sharp
Brouwer
Hjarmalsson
Byfuglien

Pretty much none of them will be traded until after the season.

Barker helps their d and will probably be kept. Brouwer is cheap and a good player. Hjar is underrated and he'll probably be signed cheap. Sharp and Buff might be traded at the end of the season if need be.
Actually you are wrong

Huet is most likely to go. Rocky Wirtz wont hesitate burying him in minors and losing 11 mil if it means either Kane or Toews is in danger of being gone.

I expect Huet to be waived and sent to Rockford (Unless he is picked up or some one trades for him). I would expect the Hawks to look into signing someone like Biron for affordable rate or acquiring RFA rights to Halak or Harding.

I expect them to try and trade Campbell by packaging picks and a prospect like Beach with him. Dont know how successful that will be.

Now of the players that are RFA's or signed I expect

Ladd and Eager to depart as RFA's (Replaced by Beach, Skille or Aliu)
And Barker would most likely be traded as his defensive issues are a concern and Shawn Lalonde is in our system.

Then of the big 3 forwards if any need to be moved I expect it to be Versteeg as he could get us alot of assets and Makarov might come over from Russia next year if spot opens up.

I actually think there is a chance we could get rid of Campbell as he would be packaged with a decent amount of assets (1st's and top prospect)

Anyway who cares about the future when this team is just 1 piece away from possibly being a champion. We need a goalie. Our offense is great and Hossa will only help that. We just need a solid G. Huet doesn't appear to be that goalie!

We will have cap troubles but our goal is to win now! And it is in reach

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 03:52 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Actually you are wrong

Huet is most likely to go. Rocky Wirtz wont hesitate burying him in minors and losing 11 mil if it means either Kane or Toews is in danger of being gone.

I expect Huet to be waived and sent to Rockford (Unless he is picked up or some one trades for him). I would expect the Hawks to look into signing someone like Biron for affordable rate or acquiring RFA rights to Halak or Harding.

I expect them to try and trade Campbell by packaging picks and a prospect like Beach with him. Dont know how successful that will be.

Now of the players that are RFA's or signed I expect

Ladd and Eager to depart as RFA's (Replaced by Beach, Skille or Aliu)
And Barker would most likely be traded as his defensive issues are a concern and Shawn Lalonde is in our system.

Then of the big 3 forwards if any need to be moved I expect it to be Versteeg as he could get us alot of assets and Makarov might come over from Russia next year if spot opens up.

I actually think there is a chance we could get rid of Campbell as he would be packaged with a decent amount of assets (1st's and top prospect)

Anyway who cares about the future when this team is just 1 piece away from possibly being a champion. We need a goalie. Our offense is great and Hossa will only help that. We just need a solid G. Huet doesn't appear to be that goalie!

We will have cap troubles but our goal is to win now! And it is in reach
I think Chicago can deal Campbell as well. I hate the guy, but my hatred and contract aside, he,s good and can be a number 1 guy for a team that has room, but no good offensive d.

I meant players that can be gone from the list of players I'd like form Chicago that are reasonable. However, Ladd and Eager are also ones

I'd really like Montréal to get Barker, Eager , Brouwer and Hjarlmarsson. This section below is more to hopefully convince other habs fans that Chicago might be in a bit of a pickle and they have a ton of great players available to make a winning team.

Barker - He's young, good everywhere but defense. (it seems so, don't really get to see many of his games) Though, if Montréal were to acquire him, it would push Weber, Subban and O'bryne back another year, since there's only 1 spot opening for next year. However, that would make them more NHL ready as 2011-2012 we have Markov, Hamrlik and Gill going up for UFA. Gill and Hammer might both retire then. Hopefully we can retain Markov, but if not and we have Barker and lose no one else, our d will be

Barker, Gorges, Spacek, Subban, O'bryne, Weber, Fischer? Bennett ? UFA d ? Doesn't look too good, but it's better than a d sans Markov.

Eager - Great bottom guy, can play pk from what I've seen, has some hands and he's tough. With Laraque becoming a UFA in 2011-2012, Montréal will again need a tough guy. Eager does his job well. I don't like him, and never will, but on my team, I'd love him.

Brouwer - Big body, with good hands and scoring ability that hasn't yet translated to the NHL. Could be a powerforward type to help mold Pacioretty and maybe Latendresse, if he's still with us.

Hjarlmarsson - I honestly believe Harlmarsson is underrated. Maybe hawks fans do too, but from outside, he seems to be much better than he's given credit for.

Ladd - He'd be a nice addition. Pretty tough, another big body that bangs.

Montréal could deal Halak, sign a UFA, because Missiaen is about 10 years away from the NHL and Simila is about 5.

Come this off season, as it will be dumb for Chicago to make any major moves, (unless it makes the team better before than it already is) I hope the habs are in some kind of deal with Chicago, as they could have a good amount of good team players available for cheaper than what they would normally go for.

In all honesty, I'm jealous of Chicago and what they've stockpiled.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:41 AM
CanadienErrant*

Toews for Price instead

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 09:22 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Wat too early for Trades, come back in February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Toews for Price instead
Now here is an idea .....

Let's have Halak as our number one goalie. Then we can complain on how we should have kept Price. See where this is going ?

Catch 22.......Vicious circle ?

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-14-2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Merge
PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 09:34 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I just don't see the point right now. Who do the Habs then have as a backup? I know Sandford had a decent pre-season but do we really want him backing up Carey, or even worst taking over for him in case of injury?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 09:36 AM
GoHabsGO252006

How about

Kost Bros, Halak, Carle, Latendresse and 1st in 2009, 2nd in 2010

for

Sharp, Barker, Byfuglin

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 09:41 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

As much as I'd like Sharp, it's much to early to consider dealing either of our young goalies.

Neither, IMO, has proven anything yet. If we trade one now, our backup option (while a good backup, he's not a starter) is Curtis Sanford. Although hell, lets trade Halak - watch Price get hurt as well as Sanford in the AHL and go to war with Desjardins and Mayer... lol

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 09:57 AM
danyhabsfan

I dont think you understand that Chicago is going to have cap problem next year...

Theyll trade salary in the off season because they want to win now.

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 10-13-2009 at 02:46 PM.
danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Marksman

Niemi has been doing very well for Hawks sofar (winning that game for them). I suspect they will be giving any opportinity to him before going for outside help.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Dr Bunsen*

The Hawks are not going to be trading any players until after the playoffs.

Dr Bunsen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 10:18 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bunsen View Post
The Hawks are not going to be trading any players until after the playoffs.
agree see post #35

maybe theyll do a minor trade at the deadline to fill some 3rd/4th line/6h-7th def
with experience

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 10:30 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Toews for Price instead
Done!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Kafka

Halak to Chicago could be a nice solution for everyone.

But at this point, I expect Chicago to give all their chances to Huet, Niemi, and even Crawford. Niemi could end up as THE solution. After all, Detroit won cups with Osgood... and Huet can be far better than Osgood.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 11:20 AM
DeVries*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I didn't see the game, but was it necessarily kipper's fault? I know you couldn't fault lundqvist when we did the same to the rangers.

kost brothers, halak, d'agostini

sharp, niemi, barker

I paint Gainey's face on my car I swear if he can't pull that out.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 11:30 AM
SpreeEndaz

I think the Hawks wouldn't do such a trade since they have Antti Niemi has a backup goalie. I still wonder why some people think there's still a market for backup goalies.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Melvin Udall

[QUOTE=Roy33Clutch;21570550]Hear me out before you flame me

So............you are proposing that the Habs trade "Halak to Hawks?"

And why would Gainey want to trade away his best goalie?

If Price had already established himself as a staedy and reliable starter - I could understand the logic of your proposal...........but, Halak (IMHO) is the Habs most reliable goalie.

Just wonder how long it will take Martin to figure this out - considering that Gainey hasn't gotten it so far!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
Niemi has been doing very well for Hawks sofar (winning that game for them). I suspect they will be giving any opportinity to him before going for outside help.
Don't get me wron he did play a great game for the Hawks against the Panthers in Finland however to be honest I don't think he is ready to so that on a regular basis as of yet in the NHL.Not saying Halak is a savior of anything like that just my 2 cents on Niemi

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 02:43 PM
HabsKing

After reading the posts in this tread, I want to go to Safari

HabsKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post

But at this point, I expect Chicago to give all their chances to Huet, Niemi, and even Crawford. Niemi could end up as THE solution. After all, Detroit won cups with Osgood... and Huet can be far better than Osgood.
Can you supply me with proof on that claim?

I haven't seen much from Huet to say he would be able to prevent Darren Pang fron stealing his job if given chance

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Alexei Yashvalev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Can you supply me with proof on that claim?

I haven't seen much from Huet to say he would be able to prevent Darren Pang fron stealing his job if given chance
That 41 save performance in Game 5 of the conference finals last year comes to mind.

Alexei Yashvalev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 09:36 AM
otto bond

The way I see it, It's Barker from Chicago that is the mostlikely to stay of the guys mention. He would be hard to prye out of there. Guys like Byfuglin and Sharpe are tradable asset for the Hawk only if they are not in the playoffs.

Montreal needs a few more changes but I'm not sure if the changes are out there to make unless you make what seems to be an over payment. This is what scares me the most, our NHL scout.....what it's name....Pierre Gautier is it. Well correct me if I'm wrong but this guy I'm not is biggest fan.

The most important right now is that we have the right guy on the ice coaching the guys we have now. Slow start but flashes of things that could be good.

Also guys like Halak have specific value and I'm sure being watch buy other teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Yashvalev View Post
That 41 save performance in Game 5 of the conference finals last year comes to mind.
If you talking about Huet here, he's a good goalie but not cup contender , game braker goalie.
I like Huet . Money a side obviously he is a top 30 goalie in the league.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-14-2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Merge
otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 11:29 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post

Never, last season's playoffs are proof of that. Nothing Huet has ever done at his best has ever come close to Osgood at his best.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Lucius

The Hawks have a cap crisis upcoming, but I kind of suspect they're going to ride out this season, shoot for a cup, then blow it up.

If they do decide to make changes early, there are definitely some high ticket top six guys we should be after: Versteeg, Byfuglien, Ladd, Bolland, Sharp... And some D worth trying to grab: Seabrook, Barker, Keith.

Not saying they're moving all these guys, but cap wise, something has to give.

Toews, Kane, Ladd and Keith are all up for big raises and some sites already have them over the cap as it is (I know they're technically under).

Versteeg at 3 million, Bolland at 3.3, Byfuglien at 3 and Barker at 3 are all too expensive for their blood come next year. One or two of them has to move.

If Bowman thinks Halak is the answer, we'd be crazy not to dangle him.

Halak and maybe someone young and cheaper like Latendresse, Lapierre or Pacioretty might be the basis for a discussion around one of their secondary wingers.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 12:39 PM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

Halak isn't much more than a solid backup in my opinion, but a trade for a guy like Byfuglien to add some size and scoring would be a good idea if they'd go for it obviously.

hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote