HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

(#6): 10/12/2009 • Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers • 7:00pm • MSG (HD)

Old
10-13-2009, 04:11 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
inferno man,..

the moment i saw this, i couldnt wait to post this after the game was over.

you negaitive nelly..ha

You have been posting a lot of pessimistic things before these games that make me wonder...

We got a good team! Be more confident!

Tortorella has his guys playing hard every game. You should know that. Its a different era in Rangers hockey. There are a lot of things to feel good about. Its early, yes...but I think its safe to say we are much closer to a contender than a pretender. We are GOOOD.
i predicted a 5-4 win (how is that negative?!) and coming into the 3rd we were leading 3-2.

be real here.

I am very well aware of how good a team we have, I predicted us to finish 5th in the conference for a reason. I also know the mentality of coming into a game you are not only expected to win, but you are expected to dominate.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 04:31 AM
GbgRanger

Vinny Prospal. Atleast he΄s not among the 5 worst contracts in the league

GbgRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 05:26 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I think torts pretty much summed it up on how some people of redden.

Only his $$$ and a shell of his 20's
Guy get banged up around the boards making plays,taking pucks to the face yada yada and now even putting up points! Hopefully he's out of the malik shadow for now.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 06:59 AM
MaineHockey1
Let The Season Begin

Send a message via AIM to MaineHockey1
Just poking in to say THANK YOU for kicking the Laughs *** all over the place!

MaineHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:01 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
regarding all this Lisin talk...I thought he played very very very well, except for that 1 terrible, retarded, unfathomable decision to make that hit on a guy that was being covered by Staal leading to a breakaway against.
I'm not sure it wasn't from the playbook. Staal was to switch.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:17 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbgRanger View Post
Vinny Prospal. Atleast he΄s not among the 5 worst contracts in the league
Getting Prospal for that amount was ROBBERY. I thought the guy was kinda done... but he's been one of our Top Forwards so far.

I'm really pleased with his performance.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:40 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Getting Prospal for that amount was ROBBERY. I thought the guy was kinda done... but he's been one of our Top Forwards so far.

I'm really pleased with his performance.
Technically the robbery is tampa actually paying him while he's putting up points for us

No better way to stick it to them than to have a great season with us right?

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 09:24 AM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

vCash: 873
Great game last night. I'm loving the team so far this year.

Sucks that I'll be in class on Wednesday night... especially since I watch a lot of Kings games, I was looking forward to that one.

And Prospal FTW.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 10:15 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Would be amazing but unrealistic if this lasts all year...

#1 GF per game (4.00)
#3 GA per game (2.00)

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
i predicted a 5-4 win (how is that negative?!) and coming into the 3rd we were leading 3-2.

be real here.

I am very well aware of how good a team we have, I predicted us to finish 5th in the conference for a reason. I also know the mentality of coming into a game you are not only expected to win, but you are expected to dominate.
We dominated them. Final score 7 2. Certainly there were no signs of a letdown game coming. We came out skating and playing hard, like we've pretty much done every game so far.

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 10:41 AM
TomLaidlaw

Right now I am treating the Rangers like a pitcher who is throwing a no hitter. I don't want to talk about them or walk past them. Just leave them alone at the end of the dugout and see what happens.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I'm not sure it wasn't from the playbook. Staal was to switch.
i have never seen a play where the defenseman switch on a rush where the opposing players arent criss crossing...and when that happens its a terrible mistake as well. im a forward in hockey, but everyone knows hockey 101, defenseman stay in their lanes regardless of what the forwards do. defenseman never abandon their guy to make a hit on the guy the other defenseman is guarding.

it was a retarded play, but a nice hit. staal was not at fault there, hes probably been playing defense since he was like 6 years old, and im sure kids at that age even know not to do what Lisin did there.

Old
10-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
We dominated them. Final score 7 2. Certainly there were no signs of a letdown game coming. We came out skating and playing hard, like we've pretty much done every game so far.
we dominated them in the 3rd period and to start the first. but at the end of 2 it was a 3-2 game, and torts said himself we were very fortunate to have that be that score at that juncture.

i credit Torts for waking their ***** up...we most definitely did not play even close to the way we played against the Ducks, which was complete and utter domination from start to finish.

We really played about 30 minutes of good hockey in this game, and 30 minutes of crap hockey. the leafs played about 30 minutes of good hockey, and 30 minutes of the most putrefying display of hockey ive ever seen. Their blaming Toskala is ridiculous imho. He wasn't great, but the team in front of him lost 9 out of 10 puck battles all over the ice. They were horrendous in front of him.

Old
10-13-2009, 11:23 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
i haven't read this thread yet....but i'm about to....but i just wanted to mention that this Toronto team is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really terrible.

They might be the worst team I've seen play since the Penguins were the laughing stock of the league and almost went bankrupt.
toskala is weak also.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:33 PM
94now

Quote:
i have never seen a play where the defenseman switch on a rush where the opposing players arent criss crossing...and when that happens its a terrible mistake as well. im a forward in hockey, but everyone knows hockey 101, defenseman stay in their lanes regardless of what the forwards do. defenseman never abandon their guy to make a hit on the guy the other defenseman is guarding.

it was a retarded play, but a nice hit. staal was not at fault there, hes probably been playing defense since he was like 6 years old, and im sure kids at that age even know not to do what Lisin did there.
I'm sure Lisin played as long. Judging by the way he skates... I don't think he doesn't know basics. That is why it could be some innovation rather than stupidity. No one expect a hit from secondary cover. You may be right, but let see if scheme like that repeated in upcoming games.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I'm sure Lisin played as long. Judging by the way he skates... I don't think he doesn't know basics. That is why it could be some innovation rather than stupidity. No one expect a hit from secondary cover. You may be right, but let see if scheme like that repeated in upcoming games.
Wait, you think it might be Tortorella and Sullivan's gameplan to completely leave your lane to throw a hit so that the second man on the 2 on 2 can go in on a breakaway?!

I think that play had far more to do with Lisin being "lost" in the defensive zone.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote