HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tortorella says Grachev a Ranger soon

Old
10-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
grachev will get a call up if there are 2 injuries.

first injury gets Voros in the roster, 2nd gets Grachev. And odds are, it will happen at 1 point or another this season.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
I'm curious to know what the context of Tortorella's comment was. What question was he answering?
its in either his pre, or post game comments from yesterday, i recall hearing it.

goto the GDT and check the first few page and the last few pages for them. they are a great listen.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:32 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

The more minutes Grachev plays in the A this year the better he will be for it!

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:35 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

He'll get a shot

10-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey

vCash: 225
I think he means for not if, but when Gaborik goes down with an injury for 15 games, your gonna want more scoring in there than Voros.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:11 PM
thrillhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
grachev will get a call up if there are 2 injuries.

first injury gets Voros in the roster, 2nd gets Grachev. And odds are, it will happen at 1 point or another this season.
My thoughts exactly.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:16 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Grachev will be a nice replacement for Lisin assuming Evgeny gets some seasoning and is ready by early 2010.

And before crossbar goes ballistic again, no, Lisin hasnt been terrible, but he hasnt been anything close to a difference maker either (like Anisimov is starting to be).
first off, adding grachev and removing lisin isnt happening. so give that one a rest please or youll be disappointed.

second, we traded korpikoski- a 1st rounder (reach) so i doubt lisin will be released or traded or whatever after 1 season to make room for grachev.

more likely, we will need to deal with the prospal contract and chris higgins before lisin becomes relevant. both those guys will cost more and will need to be looked at more than enver lisin.

you cannot help yourself. you are like gas and fire. seriously, you are fixated on anything negative about enver lisin.

pretty soon, i swear you will say....

" he hasnt been terrible, but really i think hes partly responsible for global warming"

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:22 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
other than a call up for injury replacement i think this comment means one of two things:

1. hes trying to keep the fire lit under the ***** of the young players (Lisin or AA perhaps) by letting them know there's someone he feels is NHL ready nipping at their heels

2. He's talking about Grachev finishing the season in the NHL after the trade deadline if we're sellers rather than buyers this year
Correct.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
first off, adding grachev and removing lisin isnt happening. so give that one a rest please or youll be disappointed.

second, we traded korpikoski- a 1st rounder (reach) so i doubt lisin will be released or traded or whatever after 1 season to make room for grachev.

more likely, we will need to deal with the prospal contract and chris higgins before lisin becomes relevant. both those guys will cost more and will need to be looked at more than enver lisin.

you cannot help yourself. you are like gas and fire. seriously, you are fixated on anything negative about enver lisin.

pretty soon, i swear you will say....

" he hasnt been terrible, but really i think hes partly responsible for global warming"
Enver Lisin is very clearly the weakest link in the top 9, so hes going to get my attention fairly regularly.

Whats your excuse for your absurd hyping?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:29 PM
free0717

If Grachev is ready, I think Higgins gets traded for a veteran dman

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:45 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Enver Lisin is very clearly the weakest link in the top 9, so hes going to get my attention fairly regularly.

Whats your excuse for your absurd hyping?
:

inspite of your, and your alter ego jonathans, prayers...lisin isnt going anywhere.

the sooner you come to grips with that, the better off you will be.

once the kid breaks the ice, hes going to score goals regularly.

hes gonna bust one soon that will be highlight worthy. bank on it.

Old
10-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
:

inspite of your, and your alter ego jonathans, prayers...lisin isnt going anywhere.

First off, I disagree plenty with Jonathan when it comes to bigger organizational issues, but I do respect his opinions when it comes to on-ice performance...mainly because I think he calls it like he sees it, which is something you should try sometime.

Its a much better way of watching the sport of hockey than hating certain players, loving certain players, and never deviating.

Im waiting on Lisin, but the fact remains hes been the definition of pedestrian.

Old
10-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
:

How many goals has Lisin scored?
Posted via Mobile Device

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
He WILL score one soon Steinbrenner, and it will be hilight worthy...and that will give him a pass when he doesnt score again for several weeks.

Old
10-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Grachev-Boyle-Kotalik gives four lines that can put the puck in the net.
i dont know why,but i like the look of that line,alot.

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:57 PM
NYR MacTruck

Quote:
:

i couldnt agree more that lisin has been the weakest link in the top 9 easily. IF grachev was NHL for sure, i would be perfectly fine seeing lisin moved before higgins or prospal

NYR MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 02:00 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
If Grachev is ready, I think Higgins gets traded for a veteran dman
perhaps.

the local kid makes good story is compelling. trading him away would generate some negative press im sure. and we wont get much for him since hes a fa after this year. if he struggles, we wont offer him over the summer.

in essence, hes on a season long tryout. if he does well, hell be resigned if the deal is cap friendly. if he struggles and brings the same but less than what we have already in cally, hell become a fa and sign elsewhere.

prospal, higgy and lisin are all signed for 1 year only.

grachev will get his time, but right now hes better off playing in the A getting 20 a night and learning what works an doesnt work as a pro.

injuries are likely over 82 games. slumps happen. hell get his chance soon.

Old
10-13-2009, 02:00 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
Nice problem to have.

Lisin is working very hard on his play away from the puck. As a result, his offense seems a little off. Anisimov is also a different type of center top play with. I think he has been fine and the offense will come back.

You are tilting at windmills. The Rangers are 5-1 and the team is playing very well. There's room for improvement in many players but the bigger issue is watching the team grow. Giving players ice time is an important part of their development. It sounds to be like you are trying to build a fantasy team rather than a NHL championship team.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
He WILL score one soon Steinbrenner, and it will be hilight worthy...and that will give him a pass when he doesnt score again for several weeks.
Then we'll be sorry!

Hey if hope lisin scores 50 goals but the reality is he looks lost away from the puck and has Zero confidence with the puck....how and why is this even disputed?

After reading the TWO threads this past summer about how great Lisin is I expect more then ZERO goals through 6 games. I'm not a huge Torts fan but he certainly has given Lisin EVERY chance to prove himself...unfortunately Lisin hasn't answered the bell. I wonder how much more rope Torts will give him..
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
10-13-2009, 02:05 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
same number as higgins whom everyone here drools over.......

Old
10-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
same number as higgins whom everyone here drools over.......
Really? So I guess there isn't a thread about higgins huh? Oh wait..

Higgins does wa more to help this team win then Lisin...

Also Lisin has two less then Sean Avery and three less the Kotalik. Weird because according to you Lisin is so much better then those two players...

Keep up the Lisin talk though!
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
10-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Nice problem to have.

Lisin is working very hard on his play away from the puck. As a result, his offense seems a little off. Anisimov is also a different type of center top play with. I think he has been fine and the offense will come back.

You are tilting at windmills. The Rangers are 5-1 and the team is playing very well. There's room for improvement in many players but the bigger issue is watching the team grow. Giving players ice time is an important part of their development. It sounds to be like you are trying to build a fantasy team rather than a NHL championship team.
Actually I view the Lisin trade in the opposite way so far. We gave up a responsible hard nosed forward who does a bit of everything for a player who has great wheels and the occassional flash of offense, but little to show in the defensive zone.

Its early though, gotta give it more time.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 02:15 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Nice problem to have.

i see it the same way bob.

i believe this is the best coaching hes ever had as a pro. his time in phoenix wasnt as productive learning wise. hes learning how to play torts hockey now.

as i said in another post, i think they (the coaches) are communicating with him saying what they need him to do more of and thats what i think we are seeing. the kid is obviously trying to round out his game. were seeing an attempt by him to become a more involved enver lisin. problem is, as is the norm, once a player begins to think about doing their job, they forget to do what comes naturally and for lisin thats the offensive part of his game. the goals will come once he settles into his new role.

hes taking the body, carrying the puck deep, back checking and working the wall, all things that many here would not have believed 1 month ago.

unless and until the coaches become upset with his play, im going to continue to believe hes doing exactly what they are asking him to do in his role.

some of you here need to realize that the coaches may be telling him that they are happy with his play.

Old
10-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Nice problem to have.

No, Lisin isn't a problem. Like I said, hes been pedestrian, but Im not upset that hes dressing every night. As for your fantasy team comment, its quite the opposite really. I like players that are well-rounded and can contribute in multiple areas of the game. I think we have a good number of those types of players in our top 9. I like it, and I think thats what championship teams are built on.

Lisin is a one-trick pony. He needs to be scoring goals, and hes not. Hes not even really coming close like Higgins is (who, by the way, is a very well-rounded player). Torts seems to be purposely manipulating the bottom 2 lines every night just to give Lisin a chance, which is commendable on the coach's part. His patience wont last if Lisin keeps performing like this, that much I can promise.

Old
10-13-2009, 02:25 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
No, Lisin isn't a problem. Like I said, hes been pedestrian, but Im not upset that hes dressing every night. As for your fantasy team comment, its quite the opposite really. I like players that are well-rounded and can contribute in multiple areas of the game. I think we have a good number of those types of players in our top 9. I like it, and I think thats what championship teams are built on.

Lisin is a one-trick pony. He needs to be scoring goals, and hes not. Hes not even really coming close like Higgins is (who, by the way, is a very well-rounded player). Torts seems to be purposely manipulating the bottom 2 lines every night just to give Lisin a chance, which is commendable on the coach's part. His patience wont last if Lisin keeps performing like this, that much I can promise.
please oh great one....enlighten us as to why that seems to be the case.

i mean.... doesnt torts read your posts.....