HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Senators Garage Sale

Old
10-13-2009, 12:44 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Senators Garage Sale

for sale:

1. C Chris Kelly, 2.125M, 2 more years
2. W Sean Donovan, 0.625M, UFA
3. C/W Ryan Shannon, 0.6M, UFA
4. C/W Jesse Winchester, 0.55M, RFA
5. RW Jonathan Cheechoo, 3M, 1 more year

6. D Alex Picard, 0.8M, RFA
7. D Chris Campoli, 0.633M, RFA
8. D Brian Lee, 0.85M + 0.425Bonus, RFA
9. D Filip Kuba, 3.7M, 2 more years (NTC until july 1st)

these are players i believe are tradeable on the senators right now. Eventually, a forward is going to have to go to make some roster space. On defence, ideally one of or both picard and campoli are traded at some point to make room to resign volchenkov. The other options would be trading kuba for that space or trading volchenkov at the deadline for a ransom.

your best offers?

Last edited by danishh: 10-13-2009 at 01:05 PM.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:47 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 500
NYI: Kuba
OTT: Bergenheim or hunter and a 3rd

I don't know about the value, but i do know the Islanders are really lacking defensemen. Both Bergy and Hunter are cheap, and could play on the second line, kill penalties, and play some PP.

WangMustGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

I HIGHLY doubt Murray is trading Campoli, especially after essentially trading a 1st for him last year.

Edit: Kuba is also playing the first year of a contract extension. Also highly unlikely he is moved.

Double Edit: Though as a Sens fan, I agree that pretty much all of them can go as far as I care. Campoli is the only one I really want to keep, and I've got a soft spot for Donovan and Shannon.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:56 PM
TheHMan

I'd prefer to keep Campoli and Kuba. One of Donovan or Winchester should be retained. Cheap 4th liners who are worth what they're paid isn't something you want to be jettisoning for the heck of it.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Brycios

I was under the impression that Kuba could not be moved in the first year of his contract.

Brycios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:58 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Kuba for Halishchuk and a 3rd.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Pabst Plays Westboro

Send a message via MSN to Pabst Plays Westboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brycios View Post
I was under the impression that Kuba could not be moved in the first year of his contract.
You're under the correct impression.

Pabst Plays Westboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:59 PM
FanHabtic

Every team should publish their garbage list and then there could be a massive garage sale or swap of junk:

Habs Garbage:

Kyle Chipchura
Georges Laraques
Sergei Kostitsyn
Hal Gill
Greg Stewart

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:05 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
for sale:

1. C Chris Kelly, 2.125M, 2 more years
2. W Sean Donovan, 0.625M, UFA
3. C/W Ryan Shannon, 0.6M, UFA
4. C/W Jesse Winchester, 0.55M, RFA
5. RW Jonathan Cheechoo, 3M, 1 more year

6. D Alex Picard, 0.8M, RFA
7. D Chris Campoli, 0.633M, RFA
8. D Brian Lee, 0.85M + 0.425Bonus, RFA
9. D Filip Kuba, 3.7M, 2 more years

these are players i believe are tradeable on the senators right now. Eventually, a forward is going to have to go to make some roster space. On defence, ideally one of or both picard and campoli are traded at some point to make room to resign volchenkov. The other options would be trading kuba for that space or trading volchenkov at the deadline for a ransom.

your best offers?
What? Ryan Shannon!!!? Winchester? Kuba!!?

We're 3-2, talk about a premature panic.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Would love it if the isles traded for Lee.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:09 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brycios View Post
yes, but NTCs get waived all the time. Kuba waived his to leave that situation in tampa, so he might waive again this year given the opportunity to go to a contender.

@spezdispenser
this isnt about panic. This is about realistic planning. We are not going to carry 20 forwards all year. Something has to give up front eventually. On the back end, the resigning of volchenkov is very important, but we will have the rights to 6 other defencemen (phillips, kuba, lee, picard, campoli, cowen) who expect to play in the NHL next year. Eventually space will have to be made there too. I'm just trying to gauge what other teams' fans would be willing to give up for our players.

Old
10-13-2009, 01:14 PM
CSampson

You can't really expect much for the players listed, correct? Ryan Shannon is OK but that's about it. I was at the ott-atl game on Saturday and really didn't see much that I liked. Fisher looks like he's finally earning that contract though.

CSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:15 PM
hockeyball

Sharks would love Lee or Campoli. Though I bet Murray and Wilson are probably not in love with each other at this point.

Couture + 2nd for Lee?

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:21 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
You can't really expect much for the players listed, correct? Ryan Shannon is OK but that's about it. I was at the ott-atl game on Saturday and really didn't see much that I liked. Fisher looks like he's finally earning that contract though.
Shannon is a good player no not great but he is a good 3rd/4 line type player.Winchester who is out hurt is aslo a good player not as good a shannon but still not a half bad player.Kuba who is aslo hurt is a good d man nothing fancy but gets the job done.Cheecho could score 20 goals maybe more.Lee could be a 4or 5th d man right now he is in bingo.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Sharks would love Lee or Campoli. Though I bet Murray and Wilson are probably not in love with each other at this point.

Couture + 2nd for Lee?
As a Sens fan, I would take that deal and run.

Old
10-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Shannon wasn't playing vs Atlanta. Are you thinking of Peter Regin?

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:56 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
yes, but NTCs get waived all the time. Kuba waived his to leave that situation in tampa, so he might waive again this year given the opportunity to go to a contender.

@spezdispenser
this isnt about panic. This is about realistic planning. We are not going to carry 20 forwards all year. Something has to give up front eventually. On the back end, the resigning of volchenkov is very important, but we will have the rights to 6 other defencemen (phillips, kuba, lee, picard, campoli, cowen) who expect to play in the NHL next year. Eventually space will have to be made there too. I'm just trying to gauge what other teams' fans would be willing to give up for our players.
Okay I see where you're at now. The guys with no future on this team (after this year I presume) are Picard, Campoli and Kelly. Those are the guys who are for sure in line for a different sweater, Shannon can stay as long as he continues his amazing play and steers clear of concussions (and doesn't expect too big a raise). Kuba can stay one more year after this, then when his NTC is lifted, we can move him out for something good hopefully (great player).

Same with Phillips. We're gonna have to see where we're at next year with Cowen and Karlsson and hopefully Wiercioch banging on the door.

Old
10-13-2009, 01:56 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post

Couture + 2nd for Lee?
I would do that for sure.

EDIT: Although, I think Brian Lee's about to get his chance to stick with the Sens full time pretty soon, so I'd like to see what he can do over a 60 or some game period. I think he'll be a nice addition on the backend that, frankly, can use him right about now.

Old
10-13-2009, 02:01 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'll give you Pisani(2.5M this year then UFA) and a 3rd rounder for Cheechoo

I'll give you Robert Nilson (2 mill for this season and next season then RFA) and Liam Reddox OR Ryan O'Marra(2 way AHL deal RFA next year) for Chris Kelly.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Shannon was hurt that game..

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I'll give you Pisani(2.5M this year then UFA) and a 3rd rounder for Cheechoo

I'll give you Robert Nilson (2 mill for this season and next season then RFA) and Liam Reddox OR Ryan O'Marra(2 way AHL deal RFA next year) for Chris Kelly.
I'd probably do both of those, to be honest. Maybe not the second one, but the first one, yeah.

Old
10-13-2009, 02:18 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
I'd probably do both of those, to be honest. Maybe not the second one, but the first one, yeah.
i'd say the opposite to be honest. I'd rather not downgrade from cheechoo to pisani, even if it means one less year on the contract.

For the 2nd one, i'd gladly take nilsson for kelly. At least nilsson has some scoring upside. Kelly cant score on an empty net.

interestingly, i'd be all for a pisani/kelly swap.

Old
10-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
i'd say the opposite to be honest. I'd rather not downgrade from cheechoo to pisani, even if it means one less year on the contract.

For the 2nd one, i'd gladly take nilsson for kelly. At least nilsson has some scoring upside. Kelly cant score on an empty net.

interestingly, i'd be all for a pisani/kelly swap.
Pisani at least when he isn't scoring is good defensively and an aggressive forechecker.

Nilsson is the western equivalent to Kovalev, has the ability to score, but is to inconsistent and to soft to ever be able to use it. At least Kelly is key for our PK.

But yeah, I'd do a Pisani-Kelly swap too.

Old
10-13-2009, 02:46 PM
saywut

Pierre-Marc Bouchard + 2nd 2010 for Cheechoo + Picard

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Kamina
Amok

Our defense is pretty bad without Kuba. We also need Lee to flourish. Cheechoo and Shannon have also been very good for us.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote