HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stajan and Hagman out

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2009, 02:42 PM
selltrade

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
Take it you missed the game last night? Didn't see the lost face-off leading to the 3rd Rangers goal or the poor turn-over he made leading to the other?

Yes, he hustles when he turns the puck over. It doesn't negate the mistakes he makes by leaving others open in good offensive, but poor defensive positions due to an ill advised "dangle". It doesn't change the fact that he is often caught running out of position for a loose puck either leaving his men open.

When you overhandle the puck you bring players around you to a stand-still or force them to find a new position to get open. His turn-overs are usually off him overhandling the puck, which means the rest of the team has to transition.

Enlightened?
The lost face off is a reach. I could have stopped that shot from the point. This is where your too critical regarding Cliff guys, watch the highlights, on the 2nd goal Stajan was standing covering no one. P.S. The 2nd goal should have been stopped as well.

Old
10-13-2009, 02:48 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by selltrade View Post
The lost face off is a reach. I could have stopped that shot from the point. This is where your too critical regarding Cliff guys, watch the highlights, on the 2nd goal Stajan was standing covering no one. P.S. The 2nd goal should have been stopped as well.
It's got nothing to do with Fletcher. Grabovski lost a clean face-off that ended up in our net. He turned the puck over on the 4th goal right off Schenn's overhandling then left his man to help Finger on the 6th goal. The point he was covering (since Hagman bailed him out low) scored the goal. Not a good defensive game from Grabovski.

On that play, Stajan is getting out to his left point man. He's low for support. He's standing around doing nothing in his position.

Old
10-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Newfie John
Hall of Famer

Stajan is a good player, but he tends to disappear. Hagman has been just brutal, especially in his own end.

Bozak and Stalberg should be linemates IMO, and it'll likely be our best line.

Old
10-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclaiming93 View Post
Stemps has been our hardest working forward. Sooner or later he'll get some bounces going in his favour..
I hope so because I have him, Stajan, and Grabovski in my league Stempniak has a lot of talent, hopefully he can start translating that to points. Wilson had to do something to send a message, hopefully this will hit home with the rest of the club and the Leafs can get a W. As much as I don't like Burke, the Maple Leafs fans don't deserve to see Boston with the 1st overall pick. I know how it feels, the same Brian Burke was rubbing it in to the Oilers after we signed Penner and nearly gave up a lottery pick if not for a great final 20 game stretch. You Leafs fans are a good bunch Because of your hospitality while I was here I am no longer a Leaf hater. Ah what the hell for old times sake, Go Leafs Go!

Old
10-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
Moving your feet alot and missing chances doesn't mean you're playing well. That's why Grabovski and Stempniak have been praised. Grabovski has hurt us defensively and overhandles the puck. Stempniak is playing the better, but he's still not doing his job. He's missing a key element, and that's finishing. He's got a bad habit of shooting 3 feet wide or waiting too long and burrying a good chance into a defenders stick causing it to go out of play. When that happens, it reduces the impact Poni has, since it's not showing up on the scoreboard.
I completely agree.

Grabovski has always looked better than he really is, because he pulls of flashy moves. But fact is, his hockey sense is mediocre at best, and he is very poor at using his linemates effectively and is quite simply a puck hog.

Stempniak I have been more impressed with this year, but he seems to be what Blake used to be. Taking many shots that aren't warranted, and I feel that combined with his speed is making him look deceivingly well. When in fact, he's been average at best. He was brought in to produce and score goals and since his arrival in Toronto, he has been very disappointing.

Old
10-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie John View Post
Stajan is a good player, but he tends to disappear. Hagman has been just brutal, especially in his own end.

Bozak and Stalberg should be linemates IMO, and it'll likely be our best line.
Unless they are playing with Colton Orr, I have nothing but pure confidence that their line will be the best line tonight. Wilson would be a complete MORON to not play them together. Their chemistry, along with Hanson, was just magnificent.

Old
10-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Dutch Dreams

Stajan was invisible last night. Hagman was in the game but not commited. I'll being seeing his pansy ass just casually gliding up to Girardi's point shot for a long time. Man what a loser.

Old
10-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Unless they are playing with Colton Orr, I have nothing but pure confidence that their line will be the best line tonight. Wilson would be a complete MORON to not play them together. Their chemistry, along with Hanson, was just magnificent.
Hasn't he already shown us this?

Old
10-13-2009, 03:05 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by selltrade View Post
Hagman floated out to the pick to exacerbate the lost draw.

But I don't see a centerman in Grabovski. I'd like to see him with a playmaking center, and that would take away some responsibilities from his role.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Closed Thread