HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tortorella says Grachev a Ranger soon

Old
10-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
please oh great one....enlighten us as to why that seems to be the case.

i mean.... doesnt torts read your posts.....
Well, for starters, the other "3rd liners" (Avery, Anisimov, and Kotalik) have been performing at a much better clip than Lisin.

What has Lisin done exactly to deserve a regular turn at even strength as well as powerplay time? An Avery-Ansimov-Kotalik unit would be a solid third line in my opinion.

Lisin is playing like the 10th best forward on the team. Torts is challenging him to find some offense by keeping him on the 3rd line and giving him powerplay time (because he really hasnt deserved either over 9 better forwards). Lisin is not delivering right now, period. And when you're offensive upside is your bread and butter and you're not scoring, well, its only a matter of time before Torts loses his patience.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
please oh great one....enlighten us as to why that seems to be the case.

i mean.... doesnt torts read your posts.....
How apt. Now it is YOU who's going on the 'offensive'

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 02:55 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

I'm not understanding the emotional investment in essentially Marcel Hossa part II. And, comparing Lisin to Higgins? Really, one player has a proven record of being a 20 goal scorer at this level; the other, not so much. If the kid produces, great, but, I'm not seeing "long-term Ranger" right now. Right now, I'd rather see a 3rd line of Avery/Anisimov/Kotalik. But, again, nothing about Lisin's play says "this kid is a vital part of the Ranger future."

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 03:00 PM
chosen

Quote:
:

inspite of your, and your alter ego jonathans, prayers...lisin isnt going anywhere.

the sooner you come to grips with that, the better off you will be.

once the kid breaks the ice, hes going to score goals regularly.

hes gonna bust one soon that will be highlight worthy. bank on it.
Actually been wondering if you are ready yet to admit that your statement that Dubinsky is the equal of Betts offensively was rubbish, as long as we are coming to grips with things.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 03:07 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Actually I view the Lisin trade in the opposite way so far. We gave up a responsible hard nosed forward who does a bit of everything for a player who has great wheels and the occassional flash of offense, but little to show in the defensive zone.

Its early though, gotta give it more time.
If you want to feel a little better, Korpedo has already been a healthy scratch in Phoenix. He did play (sparingly) last night but did score the shootout winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Well, for starters, the other "3rd liners" (Avery, Anisimov, and Kotalik) have been performing at a much better clip than Lisin.

What has Lisin done exactly to deserve a regular turn at even strength as well as powerplay time? An Avery-Ansimov-Kotalik unit would be a solid third line in my opinion.

Lisin is playing like the 10th best forward on the team. Torts is challenging him to find some offense by keeping him on the 3rd line and giving him powerplay time (because he really hasnt deserved either over 9 better forwards). Lisin is not delivering right now, period. And when you're offensive upside is your bread and butter and you're not scoring, well, its only a matter of time before Torts loses his patience.
Actually, I see this much differently. Torts' is giving him ice time now. Yes part of that is to develop him (smart, very smart) but some of it must be earned. One thing we've learned about Torts' is that there are no charity cases on this team. In the coaches eyes he must be doing something right.

Last edited by bobbop: 10-13-2009 at 03:23 PM.
bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
If you want to feel a little better, Korpedo has already been a healthy scratch in Phoenix. He did play (sparingly) last night but did score the shootout winner.
He contributed very well in the time he did get

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 03:18 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I'm thinking this was more of a comment designed to motivate Grachev in the AHL?
A good possibility. I think the coach is saying "hey I recognize your good work down there, keep it up if you want to make the bigs". Baring a trade/waiving of Voros and an injury, I can't see Grachev cracking the lineup, they're too deep on forwards atm.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 03:23 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Actually been wondering if you are ready yet to admit that your statement that Dubinsky is the equal of Betts offensively was rubbish, as long as we are coming to grips with things.
ha ha. from what ive seen so far, i could play with gaborik and score my career high in points...... not that im that (any) good but he is....

whos to think a guy like dubi or betts couldnt do the same.

not sure you got that quote quite right either, your assignment tonite is to go back and try again....

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 03:32 PM
chosen

Quote:
ha ha. from what ive seen so far, i could play with gaborik and score my career high in points...... not that im that (any) good but he is....

not sure you got that quote quite right either, your assignment tonite is to go back and try again....
You wrote in this board that Dubinsky and Betts were interchangeable offensively, with neither offering much.

I was curious to see if you might offer up a "Perhaps I was wrong in my belief". Guess you still believe it. When you consistently make outrageous assertions you open yourself up to ridicule. I know you enjoy it, so it's a win-win all the way around.

Old
10-13-2009, 03:36 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:

Betts can't make a pass to save his life, who are you kidding?

I haven't really seen anything to suggest that Gaborik is solely responsible for Dubinsky's points this season. Dubinsky assisted on Callahan's and Redden's goals last night and the other assists on those goals were by players not named Gaborik.

You are either underrating Dubinsky or really overrating Betts' ability...

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 03:39 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
You are either underrating Dubinsky or really overrating Betts' ability...
Don't take him seriously. It's neither. He enjoys making silly statements and posting icons.

Old
10-13-2009, 03:43 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Don't take him seriously. It's neither. He enjoys making silly statements and posting icons.

and gettin yer goat.....

Old
10-13-2009, 03:44 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
You wrote in this board that Dubinsky and Betts were interchangeable offensively, with neither offering much.

I was curious to see if you might offer up a "Perhaps I was wrong in my belief". Guess you still believe it. When you consistently make outrageous assertions you open yourself up to ridicule. I know you enjoy it, so it's a win-win all the way around.
actually i said, to me, dubinsky plays like a faster betts with better hands.......

or something to that effect.

Old
10-13-2009, 05:09 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
first off, adding grachev and removing lisin isnt happening. so give that one a rest please or youll be disappointed.

second, we traded korpikoski- a 1st rounder (reach) so i doubt lisin will be released or traded or whatever after 1 season to make room for grachev.

more likely, we will need to deal with the prospal contract and chris higgins before lisin becomes relevant. both those guys will cost more and will need to be looked at more than enver lisin.

you cannot help yourself. you are like gas and fire. seriously, you are fixated on anything negative about enver lisin.

pretty soon, i swear you will say....

" he hasnt been terrible, but really i think hes partly responsible for global warming"
Seriously, what is your relationship to Enver? It's like a certainty that any time a negative comment is made about him you will appear out of nowhere to defend him within 5 posts. I think it's time for full disclosure. I don't hate the guy, but from what I've seen he's one of the weaker forwards on this team. Certainly one of the bottom 3 at this point. Sure it's early, but he's going to have to step it up pretty soon if he wants to stick around. Cause right now he's really just Freddy Sjostrom part II.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 05:17 PM
bumrusherer

I think he'd need to be pretty special in Hartford to be called up....that along with a crazy injury crisis which we dont want to think about.

Dont see an issue in keeping him in thr AHL all seaosn.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
actually i said, to me, dubinsky plays like a faster betts with better hands.......

or something to that effect.
well, thats two pretty key aspects of the game. I mean, Boyle plays like a faster me with better hands.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

anyways.....

Anyone know how Grachev has looked in Hartford so far?

Old
10-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Even with 1 injury/suspension Grachev wouldnt get called up. it'd take two...
and yet just the thought cally was hurt prompted him to be called up

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 09:46 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
:

inspite of your, and your alter ego jonathans, prayers...lisin isnt going anywhere.

the sooner you come to grips with that, the better off you will be.

once the kid breaks the ice, hes going to score goals regularly.

hes gonna bust one soon that will be highlight worthy. bank on it.
Right. It's my prayers that Lisin is let go.

You need help, dude. Seriously.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rsbergFan21 View Post
and yet just the thought cally was hurt prompted him to be called up
Avery was hurt at the time, bub

1+1=2

Old
10-14-2009, 02:30 AM
darko

We are winning so I dont see a point in rushing him. When we get injuries (and we will) Grachev will get his chance.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:27 AM
chosen

Quote:

"heck, ill even say hell be very blair betts like. hes always reminded me of a guy playing out of position whos tries hard but just cant keep up."

That is your stated evaluation and prediction for Dubinsky. Watching hockey in and of itself doesn't necessarily mean you are correctly processing what you are watching.

Old
10-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Pizza

Not that Tort's meant it this way, but it's just reminder to players that people are knocking at the door.

It's all good.

I've been waiting years for us to have this "problem".

I chuckle a bit when I consider we got Gratchev in the 3rd round.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 12:33 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
"heck, ill even say hell be very blair betts like. hes always reminded me of a guy playing out of position whos tries hard but just cant keep up."

That is your stated evaluation and prediction for Dubinsky. Watching hockey in and of itself doesn't necessarily mean you are correctly processing what you are watching.
i guess the debate will be this then:

is dubinsky a better player because of gaborik and prospal on his line ?

or

is dubinsky a true offensive talent irrespective of his linemates.

time will tell, but i know which one im leaning towards.

Old
10-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Avery was hurt at the time, bub

1+1=2
u got me!

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote