HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1 EVG in past 4 games

Old
10-13-2009, 03:45 PM
yakko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
I truly believe we're getting scoring chances
I'm not seeing it. The last two games the scoring chances have not been there. If it was just a lack of finish or a couple of hot goalies, that would be different. The problem is the Coyotes aren't even getting shots off when they get set up for a scoring chance. They are also missing the net too much on the weak shots they do get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post
I beg your pardon. I wasn't aware that my presence was that toxic. I'll leave y'all to your discussion. Enjoy the rest of the season, folks.
What's with the knee-jerk reaction?

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Sorry...should have clarified...

It should read "Scoring Opportunities" and not Scoring Chances...in the game yesterday we had several plays that if the players could have shot the puck off the pass, they had a wide open net. We didn't even have that last year.

We could i.e. "should" have potted at least two yesterday. But as long as the defense plays as well as they've been playing, our team is going to be in most games with a chance to win. We were outskated all but a handful of games last year and this year I believe we've outskated the opponent 4 out of 5 so far.

We might have out skated our opponent last year in maybe 10 games, so this season so far has been a success...we just need to keep it going.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 04:22 PM
YotesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
That is not a good strategy. Bryzgalov cannot and should not be relied upon to get a shutout every game. He currently has a 0.98 GAA and a .960 SV%. I really like Bryzgalov and have for some time, but those stats are not realistic. He cannot keep that up.

The best Offense is a good Defense, or something. We are playing really good D. It's not just Bryz. He is making saves, but we are keeping real quality scoring chances to a bare minimum for him. If we continue this it can only be a good thing.

There have been very few chances and even fewer good shots. Don't let their shot totals fool you, the vast majority of the Coyotes shots are not good scoring chances. Good scoring chances are coming few and far in between.

I disagree, we are getting some chances and some shots but no bounces are going our way. They will start to. We just have to keep shooting and going to the net.

I am frustrated by the offense. It was terrible against Columbus, but that happens to every team now and then, especially against a good defensive team like the Blue Jackets. It was actually more frustrating against San Jose because they actually looked like they were executing some plays and getting into position in the offensive zone. They actually had Nabokov moving and even completely out of position at times. If they could just catch a pass and shoot they might have won that game in regulation. Seeing NHL players be completely unable to handle a good pass on a regular basis is sad.

I thought we created oppurtunites against CLB but couldn't capitalize. The real problem there was our PP 0-7, not gonna win games going 0-7 on the PP.
[/QUOTE]

YotesFan is offline   Reply With Quote