HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Senators Garage Sale

Old
10-13-2009, 02:49 PM
CSampson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher Catches Bass View Post
Shannon was hurt that game..
I was making two different points. That I think Ryan Shannon is a good player and then talking about the ATL-OTT game.

CSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 05:16 PM
HSF

lol Kuba, Lee , Camps?

what are you smoking?

you know why our PP sucks? cause no Kuba son

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 05:18 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Flyers will take Ryan Shannon off your hands.

BillyShoe1721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
To Hawks
D Brian Lee

To Sens
RW Jack Skille
Calgary's 2nd in 2011

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Juice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
To Hawks
D Brian Lee

To Sens
RW Jack Skille
Calgary's 2nd in 2011
done
i proposed this on the sens board a month ago

Juice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
done
i proposed this on the sens board a month ago
Good! Lets get the paperwork to our GM's!

Hawks can waive Sopel and put Lee right in lineup

Keith-Seabrook
Campbell-Hjalmarsson
Barker-Lee

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:27 PM
masterandy

It's nice to see that winning a couple games have raised the values of some of our guys... lol heck even Cheechoo has value now!

masterandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:28 PM
ncredible

What style of a defenseman is Picard?
perhaps a deal with Nilsson?

ncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:30 PM
ILuvLucic*

Kuba to the Habs, what do you guys want?

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:33 PM
masterandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncredible View Post
He's a mediocre puck-moving defensemen.. Lacks defensive awareness.. but is still young just like Nilsson.

Bad deal straight up for Ottawa though.. It would be Picard for one of your prospects or picks.

Old
10-13-2009, 08:35 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR3V0R View Post
Kuba to the Habs, what do you guys want?
nothing that's available would interest me, and i dont think kuba would waive to go there this year anyways. If kuba is traded this year, it will have to be to a contender (i think NJ is a good fit, but i'm sure there are others...)

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
1. C Chris Kelly, 2.125M, 2 more years
2. W Sean Donovan, 0.625M, UFA
3. C/W Ryan Shannon, 0.6M, UFA
4. C/W Jesse Winchester, 0.55M, RFA
5. RW Jonathan Cheechoo, 3M, 1 more year

6. D Alex Picard, 0.8M, RFA
7. D Chris Campoli, 0.633M, RFA
8. D Brian Lee, 0.85M + 0.425Bonus, RFA
9. D Filip Kuba, 3.7M, 2 more years (NTC until july 1st)

these are players i believe are tradeable on the senators right now.
How many can we realistically trade? And why would we trade them if it isn't to upgrade the defense or to package some quantity for slightly more quality? Why do you want to sacrifice the only strenght this team has actually, i.e. depht? You might say "but Lee is in the AHL". Well, let's wait a couple games and see what happens with Karlsson first?

On your list, i'd only trade Kelly and Cheechoo because they have more term on their contract and we could use their cap hit elsewhere NEXT YEAR. Others are debattable (and have low cap hits) but it will depend on the situation, next year is ANOTHER STORY. And WE REALLY NEED KUBA until the young D-men step up (Cowen, Lee, Karlsson, Campoli)

In summary, i see ONLY ONE of Kelly, Picard or Mr.X being traded for NO roster player in return, that's all.

Quote:
@spezdispenser
this isnt about panic. This is about realistic planning. We are not going to carry 20 forwards all year. Something has to give up front eventually. On the back end, the resigning of volchenkov is very important, but we will have the rights to 6 other defencemen (phillips, kuba, lee, picard, campoli, cowen) who expect to play in the NHL next year. Eventually space will have to be made there too. I'm just trying to gauge what other teams' fans would be willing to give up for our players.
I don't get the "We are not going to carry 20 forwards all year". Actually, there is 14 forwards and 7 D-men on the roster. Until there is ABSOLUTELY NO INJURY, i don't see the problem... By NHL rules, you can carry 23 players as long as you fit under the cap. What's the problem? Is it bad to have depht? Actually, Shannon, Regin, Winchester and Kuba were all injured... That's the reason why you NEED depht.

Lee might come back if Karlsson is returned to junior, which could very well happen. So, again, we should only move a player that has years on his contract beyond this season (Kelly, Cheechoo, Ruutu...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
You can't really expect much for the players listed, correct? Ryan Shannon is OK but that's about it. I was at the ott-atl game on Saturday and really didn't see much that I liked. Fisher looks like he's finally earning that contract though.
What does the word "FINALLY" means? Fisher always earned his contrat EXCEPT last season, as it was the 1st year of his new contract. Before that, he was paid between 1 and 1.5 for a long time...

And about the players listed, Kuba and Lee aren't even OK and that's about it? A case could be made for some others as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Pisani at least when he isn't scoring is good defensively and an aggressive forechecker.

Nilsson is the western equivalent to Kovalev, has the ability to score, but is to inconsistent and to soft to ever be able to use it. At least Kelly is key for our PK.

But yeah, I'd do a Pisani-Kelly swap too.
You probably meant, he has the "same kind of reputation", cause if not, they aren't on the same level... And i'd probably do the Kelly-Pisani sweep too because Pisani's contract is done after this season...

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 11:47 PM
DG

Why would we want to trade Kuba exactly? Or most of those mentioned, really...

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 12:41 AM
masterandy

The point is to trade to upgrade.. package a player or two and a pick for an upgrade. Then we keep the rest.. Obviously it would make no sense to trade every single one of them on the list.

Old
10-14-2009, 07:19 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
for sale:

1. C Chris Kelly, 2.125M, 2 more years
2. W Sean Donovan, 0.625M, UFA
3. C/W Ryan Shannon, 0.6M, UFA
4. C/W Jesse Winchester, 0.55M, RFA
5. RW Jonathan Cheechoo, 3M, 1 more year

6. D Alex Picard, 0.8M, RFA
7. D Chris Campoli, 0.633M, RFA
8. D Brian Lee, 0.85M + 0.425Bonus, RFA
9. D Filip Kuba, 3.7M, 2 more years (NTC until july 1st)

these are players i believe are tradeable on the senators right now. Eventually, a forward is going to have to go to make some roster space. On defence, ideally one of or both picard and campoli are traded at some point to make room to resign volchenkov. The other options would be trading kuba for that space or trading volchenkov at the deadline for a ransom.

your best offers?
Hmmm, Sens don't need make any trade. Kuba is a keeper... Why would a team with a clear eye and chance to make the playoffs trade their best 2-way D-Man who just resigned and has a no trade to boot? Shannon? Why would they even consider trading him? He has a sweet contract and the coach loves him. Lee may be in the AHL to see how Karlsson pans out. Right now he looks good to come back to the NHL. Cheechoo has no real trade value but an actual value to the Sens. Winchester and Donovan are valuable 4th liners.

At some point one forward will need to be moved... that is it and with a few forward injuries there is no point at all of making the move now.

Sens Rule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 07:37 AM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterandy View Post
It's nice to see that winning a couple games have raised the values of some of our guys... lol heck even Cheechoo has value now!
Cheechoo with almost no icetime has been great so far. This team cant trade Kuba with the shape the defense is in right now.

Winchester Campoli Picard Lee Kelly Ruutu are the players that should be on the table and ottawas target is a veteran top 3 ie (over 27 d man).

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 07:36 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

@xyspirit & other critics.

I'm in no way saying all of these players need to be traded, but i am saying some move will have to be made eventually, leading into next offseason. This thread was to try to figure out what the perceived values are of those players that i believe could be targeted to be traded by murray. They all have obvious reasons to be traded, from the money they are making (cheechoo, kelly, kuba) to the fact that their contract is expiring (pretty much everyone else).

Dont really understand all the uproar from sens fans.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:

I'm in no way saying all of these players need to be traded, but i am saying some move will have to be made eventually, leading into next offseason. This thread was to try to figure out what the perceived values are of those players that i believe could be targeted to be traded by murray. They all have obvious reasons to be traded, from the money they are making (cheechoo, kelly, kuba) to the fact that their contract is expiring (pretty much everyone else).

I guess part of it stems from the fact that we've been watching terrible hockey for two seasons and finally have the chance to have a good team this season, but our blue-line sucks without Kuba.

I, for one, don't want to think about trading him right now.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:

In that context i agree. But like people said, we have no rush to make a trade right now because there is too many injuries and it's a strenght to have depht to cover that. But yes, at some point, someone will have to be moved. We'll probably have to move a D-man (Picard or Campoli or ?), because Cowen and Karlsson will probably make the team full-time next season. Then, a forward with an important cap hit should be moved to make some cap savings to re-sign Volchenkov, and i'm looking at Kelly, Cheechoo or Ruutu there. Forget about Donovan, he should end up the season here. Winchester is cheap as well and brings good quality ice-time for his price. Same for Shannon

The case of Kuba is more complicated but i think we need his veteran presence back there with so many young D-men graduating in the next few years (Cowen, Karlsson, Wiercioch) and the ones actually a bit inexperienced still (Picard, Carkner, Lee, even Campoli). I also hope we hang on on Brian Lee and i doubt Campoli will be traded THIS season, with a 0,633 cap hit.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 11:22 PM
DG

Quote:

Do you really think we will be a good team this year without Kuba? Who else on our team can eat those kind of minutes (other than Phillips and Volchenkov). I think Kuba's contract is more than fair and is not a piece we should actively be shopping. In my opinion, Kuba should be at worst, one of the top 10 safest players on the roster.

Then, Shannon, Winchester, Campoli and Lee - why would we trade them? They're worth more to us than they would be anyone else. Giving up on Lee in particular would be a big mistake, same for Campoli considering the price paid to acquire him. Moving Lee is only productive if we bring in an impact player who helps us now, otherwise why move him?

Moving any of the majority of the players mentioned does not help us this season, in my opinion.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Dave Sparky Allison
2-22-1

I don't know where you get the 20 forwards thing from.

Dave Sparky Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 02:03 AM
stempniaksen

I defiintely see the reasoning behind this thread and I'm not sure why Sens fans are freaking out so much. Bodies will have to be moved though. It was stupid to add Kuba to that list though, I doubt he's going anywhere for the next 2 years atleast.

I would probably trade Kelly (even though I've been impressed with him so far) and send Karlsson to the minors and end up with the following lineup:

Michalek - Spezza - Cheechoo
Kovalev - Regin - Alfredsson
Foligno - Shannon - Fisher
Ruutu - Winchester - Neil
Donovan

Philchenkov
Kuba - Campoli
Lee - Carkner
Picard

Leclaire
Elliott

stempniaksen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 02:11 AM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Every team should publish their garbage list and then there could be a massive garage sale or swap of junk:

Habs Garbage:

Kyle Chipchura
Georges Laraques
Sergei Kostitsyn
Hal Gill
Greg Stewart
Gill won't be traded, at least not this year.

That's a whole lot of crap the sens have.

Cheechoo can be moved at the deadline if the sens are out. Brian Lee has some value and the sens need Kuba. Campoli is meh, would make a good 6th/7th d.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people said McAmmond and a 1st for Campoli and Comrie was stupid, even some sens fans said so as well.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 02:38 AM
SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncredible View Post
Think Joe Corvo.

Good skater and puckhandler, okay passer, good slapshot (although not as good as Corvo's).

Not very physical, and not very dependable in his own zone.

But, he is leading the Sens in +/-, so what the hell do I know?

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 10:28 AM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

How dependable is Chris Kelly?

Can he play with two plumbers on a fourth line and make them good enough that they don't get hemmed in their own zone? Can he anchor the second PK group? Would you put him out on the ice late in the game to protect a lead? Has he improved on the draw from last season?

As a Canucks fan we're looking for someone to bring to the table what we thought Ryan Johnson would bring.. he has a lower cap hit and is UFA at the end of the year and if Kelly could fill that hole I'd look at swapping the two - but that cap hit is awfully high for a potential fourth liner.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote