HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Giguere to Detroit?

Old
10-14-2009, 05:22 PM
sammyp

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Giguere to Detroit?

The Wings need a goalie and the Ducks have two guys capable of starting. It might be tough to make happen for cap reasons alone, but take a shot at a proposal.

sammyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 05:28 PM
mstad101

only Filpula Hudler Cleary n Stuart have enough salary for this trade to work.
N it would have to be 2 of them
currently Detriot is over the Cap

mstad101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

I doubt Detroit has the assets to make a good trade for themselves and make this deal work...

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 05:35 PM
detredWINgs

Detroit also needs a #1 defenseman, 2 bottom-pairing defensive defenseman, two 2nd line forwards, a back-up, a play book, a better defensive coach, and about 13 or 14 brains that are on the better side of those "this is your brain on drugs..." T-shirts.

Let's see if the Wings can actually play defense before we talk about taking on a ridiculously paid goaltender with bad hips.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 05:53 PM
danaluvsthekings

Giguere also has his NTC and because of his son's medical condition (I don't know how his son's eye problem is doing currently) he might not be interested in leaving Southern California.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:03 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Detroit also needs a #1 defenseman, 2 bottom-pairing defensive defenseman, two 2nd line forwards, a back-up, a play book, a better defensive coach, and about 13 or 14 brains that are on the better side of those "this is your brain on drugs..." T-shirts.

Let's see if the Wings can actually play defense before we talk about taking on a ridiculously paid goaltender with bad hips.
1 - Whered Lidstrom go? did he die n no one say anything?
2 - Bertuzzi n Williams not enough to cover Hudler Samuelsson n Hossa?
3 - Legace, Fernandaz n a few other capable Goalies still in FA

and the coach statement doesnt give me hope for team Canada if we are relying on Babcock

mstad101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Johnstarks

So how about moving Hiller then? Cap space wouldnt be a problem and Hiller becomes an UFA at the end of the season.

Johnstarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:09 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Detroit right now isn't in a position to be trading for a very high priced goalie. They're going to wait it out until Howard/Larsson/McCollum is ready before they go trade for a goalie.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:14 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Detroit right now isn't in a position to be trading for a very high priced goalie. They're going to wait it out until Howard/Larsson/McCollum is ready before they go trade for a goalie.
It's not like Giguere would cost very much. He'd actually be a good stopgap until someone like McCollum is ready.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:36 PM
matt trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
It's not like Giguere would cost very much. He'd actually be a good stopgap until someone like McCollum is ready.
What about next year?

AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES
Quote:
FORWARDS
Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m)
* Todd Bertuzzi ($1.000m) / * Tomas Holmstrom ($1.000m) / * Darren Helm ($0.850m)
* Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / Ville Leino ($0.800m) / * Mattias Ritola ($0.600m)
* Brad May ($0.500m)
DEFENSEMEN
* Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.000m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)
Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)
* Brett Lebda ($0.650m)
GOALTENDERS
* Giguere ($6.000m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $57.621m; CAP ROOM: $-0.821m BONUSES: $0.000m
Of course, it is possible Lidstrom retires, or takes a something ridiculous (2-5 mill), but I think Helm, Holmstrom, and Bertuzzi represent bare minimums for the roles they fill, maybe Detroit feels Abdulkader and Leino can move into those roles (which allows them to fill out the bottom of . Stuart has both trade value (San Jose could use him) and isn't terribly necessary with either Kindl or Ericsson top 4 capable, but I believe he has a NTC. Other than him, Filppula is the only guy they would even consider moving, and I highly doubt it because Holland signed him to a long deal, and the org is built on loyalty.

I think Giguere would be a major upgrade for Detroit, but at his salary he just isn't worth it. Hiller on the other hand would generate some major interest IMO.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:

Last year couldn't Kronwall have been a #1 on at least 5 teams (all the while being your #3)? Are you maybe overreacting just a tad to a less than stellar start?

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:42 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Yeah Im surprised they havent signed Legace or Fernandez yet.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:56 PM
doglover8891
rajinikanthfan1

how about datsyuk for giggy

or

giggy for 2 first round picks

or

giggy for osgood straight up

doglover8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 12:08 AM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Last year couldn't Kronwall have been a #1 on at least 5 teams (all the while being your #3)? Are you maybe overreacting just a tad to a less than stellar start?
Um, yes. Clearly my post was to be taken seriously.

As for Kronwall being a #1 on at least 5 teams, in the NHL, you're right. But there are some really crappy back-ends in this league (have you seen Dustin Byfuglien lately? ).

Old
10-15-2009, 12:12 AM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
What about next year?

AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES

Of course, it is possible Lidstrom retires, or takes a something ridiculous (2-5 mill), but I think Helm, Holmstrom, and Bertuzzi represent bare minimums for the roles they fill, maybe Detroit feels Abdulkader and Leino can move into those roles (which allows them to fill out the bottom of . Stuart has both trade value (San Jose could use him) and isn't terribly necessary with either Kindl or Ericsson top 4 capable, but I believe he has a NTC. Other than him, Filppula is the only guy they would even consider moving, and I highly doubt it because Holland signed him to a long deal, and the org is built on loyalty.

I think Giguere would be a major upgrade for Detroit, but at his salary he just isn't worth it. Hiller on the other hand would generate some major interest IMO.
Giguere would be an option next year, but Holland would allow himself to be outbid if it comes to that. You wouldn't get much out of Holland if you were trading Giguere without a lot of takers.

Stuarts NTC expires in July. And Filppula could be moved, but not for Giguere.

Honestly, the only way I wouldn't mind adding Giguere is if Rafalski went the other way. And Raffi has an NTC.

Old
10-15-2009, 12:34 AM
matt trick

Quote:
Giguere would be an option next year, but Holland would allow himself to be outbid if it comes to that. You wouldn't get much out of Holland if you were trading Giguere without a lot of takers.

Stuarts NTC expires in July. And Filppula could be moved, but not for Giguere.

Honestly, the only way I wouldn't mind adding Giguere is if Rafalski went the other way. And Raffi has an NTC.
Didn't know about Stuart's NTC, thanks.

On filppula, I wasn't implying that he would be traded for Giguere. I was simply pointing out that aside from Stuart he is the only movable player with a 3 mill+ salary.

I don't see Rafalski waiving since he is from Michigan, but you of course knew that.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 01:47 AM
Wildcarder

My fantasy pool hopes that Biron gets traded to Detroit.

Wildcarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 02:53 AM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
Detroit also needs a #1 defenseman,
I'll trade you Scott Niedermayer for Nicklas Lidstrom.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 03:30 AM
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsrules View Post
how about datsyuk for giggy

or

giggy for 2 first round picks

or

giggy for osgood straight up

All, awful. Just awful.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 12:32 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
Didn't know about Stuart's NTC, thanks.

On filppula, I wasn't implying that he would be traded for Giguere. I was simply pointing out that aside from Stuart he is the only movable player with a 3 mill+ salary.

I don't see Rafalski waiving since he is from Michigan, but you of course knew that.
Yup. The only way Rafalski moves is if he feels put off by the Wings organization asking him to waive his NTC - and they're the last group of guys to do that. Stuart, on the other hand, would waive his NTC IMO. The reason he asked for it in the first place is because his step-daughter (IIRC) was 16 at the time of the signing, and he didn't want to be traded while she was in the middle of high school. But if he was asked to move in, say, February (to a contending team), I'd bank on him doing it.

At the same time, Detroit pretty much has 5 puck-movers and 1 guy who can play a defensive defenseman's game - that being Stuart. So, while I think hes moveable for the right deal, we'd need to figure out how to get a defensive defenseman (or two) coming back, not necessarily of Stuart's all around calibre.

Old
10-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Holland doesn't believe in paying for goaltending. Maybe that changes once Lidstrom hangs 'em up, but that's his well-documented philosophy.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Well Eklund says Giguere to Toronto is a possibility so that means it won't happen at all.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...titsyn/1/23681

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

I don't think this would be a good move for either teams. Detroit doesn't have cap space and as someone else mentioned they would be better of riding it out to see what happens or grabing someone like Fernandez or Legace. For Anaheim I just don't trust Hiller yet. I know what he has done, but I feel though as if Giguere is moved he may relax and not have someone behind him pushing him. I think Giggy still has some good years on him and I have been following and rooting for him since his days with the Flames. If I where Anaheim I would move him and I think at the end of the season he could regain his job. I know he hasn't played well at the start of the season, but I think he will regain his form. I also might not want him to go Detroit just because I hate the Redwings.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 03:28 PM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
only Filpula Hudler Cleary n Stuart have enough salary for this trade to work.
N it would have to be 2 of them
currently Detriot is over the Cap
Too lazy to write out "and"?

Filppula and Cleary for Giguere and 2nd would look nice

Detroit adds a goalie and Anaheim gets two good forwards who can play on any line.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 03:32 PM
AK

The Ducks would not want to make the Wings better.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote