HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes @ Sharks (10/12/09)

Old
10-14-2009, 05:26 PM
yakko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
That's exactly why I have such curtailed expectations. What I really want is an offensive powerhouse of a team but considering the Yotes past, I'll easily settle for even an average offensive team!
I'm not really looking for lots of goals per game or anything. I don't have lofty expectations. I just want to see them execute on basic, fundamental hockey skills and get some scoring chances. As good as Columbus was defensively, they made mistakes and so did San Jose. The Coyotes just need to be able to get a scoring chance out of those mistakes most of the time. Make a pass. Receive a pass. Get a puck on net with the goalie moving or with a screen. I want them to look like an NHL hockey team when they have the puck in the offensive zone.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
I'm not really looking for lots of goals per game or anything. I don't have lofty expectations. I just want to see them execute on basic, fundamental hockey skills and get some scoring chances. As good as Columbus was defensively, they made mistakes and so did San Jose. The Coyotes just need to be able to get a scoring chance out of those mistakes most of the time. Make a pass. Receive a pass. Get a puck on net with the goalie moving or with a screen. I want them to look like an NHL hockey team when they have the puck in the offensive zone.

I think we all agree.

keep in mind, these are some of the same things Penguin fans, Shark fans, & Kings fans said about their teams when they played the Coyotes, and Coyote fans were arguing it was just as much credit to the Coyotes D.

The Coyote struggles have been against the Sabres, BlueJackets, and Sharks. 2 of those teams make a lot of offenses look bad, and they deserve a lot of the credit for making the Coyotes look offensively inept.... the Sharks offense makes the opponents offense look bad, if only because they are more focused on playing defensively against the Sharks scary offense.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 0
Just looking at the schedule for the rest of the month the Coyotes have 2 days off between the SJ game and St. Louis game tomorrow night and 4 days off between the Boston and Detroit games.

Hopefully the 2 days of rest will help the Yotes fully recover from a long road trip with back to back games and only 1 home game out of the last 5.

Now will get a chance to see how the Coyotes play in its first multiple game home stand with a decent amount of rest days in between.

IMO a good home stand should get this team hyped up again to play on another long road trip heading out to NYC and playing back to back games( 2x's this month ) in the MidWest.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote