HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Van

Old
10-14-2009, 06:00 PM
mstad101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
Alright, let's not get rediculous! The Canucks would take Schenn in a heart beat and wave Shane O'Brien goodbye.

If he was available for the right price, the Canucks would be interested.

your pretty much painting yourself into a corner dude.

The canucks dont have the AHL Depth to pull of a trading the farm for one young player trade.
Nor do the Nucks wanna give up 4 firsts.
Now considering all of this, Toronto looks like the early stages of Vancouvers overhaul.
Build from the blueline in front of you, Get a goalie. Build the offense n draft.
(well ill excuse the last one for now)
But after all thats happened in 2 years with these two teams, a trade of equal value doesnt look to be forseeable future.
N the Nucks dont NEED what the Leafs have, N the Leafs dont have what the Nucks want in a trade.
CLOSE THIS

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Blane Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
your pretty much painting yourself into a corner dude.

The canucks dont have the AHL Depth to pull of a trading the farm for one young player trade.
Nor do the Nucks wanna give up 4 firsts.
Now considering all of this, Toronto looks like the early stages of Vancouvers overhaul.
Build from the blueline in front of you, Get a goalie. Build the offense n draft.
(well ill excuse the last one for now)
But after all thats happened in 2 years with these two teams, a trade of equal value doesnt look to be forseeable future.
N the Nucks dont NEED what the Leafs have, N the Leafs dont have what the Nucks want in a trade.
CLOSE THIS
I didn't say it would happen. I just can't believe that someone would write that the Canucks would have no interest in Schenn because they already have 8 NHL d-men. It just seemed like a snobby thing to say.

I doubt these GMs would ever discuss a trade between the two teams but if Schenn was on the table the Canucks would be interested.

Blane Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 07:19 PM
I am Canadian
Foreverly Hopeful

White for Grabner and a 2nd/3rd.

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:02 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Canadian View Post
White for Grabner and a 2nd/3rd.
Canucks don't have a need for White anymore... this type of trade proposal was made in the offseason by Canuck fans when the Canucks needed more defenders.

Since then, they have added Ehrhoff and Schneider, which makes White completely unnecessary to the point where you won't get a 3rd round pick alone for him.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Moobles

While the Leafs may be interested in several Canucks, they don't have the assets to move for them and Gillis isn't a trade-happy GM.

The only way the Leafs can make any significant moves at this point with their roster would be to either get a GM really ****in' hammered and do it then, or wait till free agency (which unfortunately is not built well for team rebuilds in the NHL).

Alternatively, not that Leaf fans have any control over this but- the Leafs could actually try and build their current players into better players and win that way . But who's ever heard of that.

Moobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:23 PM
I am Canadian
Foreverly Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
Canucks don't have a need for White anymore... this type of trade proposal was made in the offseason by Canuck fans when the Canucks needed more defenders.

Since then, they have added Ehrhoff and Schneider, which makes White completely unnecessary to the point where you won't get a 3rd round pick alone for him.
AH, my bad, forget about those two.

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote