HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Los Angeles Kings @ New York Rangers - 10/14/09 - 4PM

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
We're not going to win them all, I'll be ok with this loss IF we come out victorious over Detroit.

Old
10-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Ersberg showed tonight why he is the #2 goaltender.

Old
10-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Ersberg sucked tonight, but 2 goals is not going to win very many NHL games. This isn't soccer.

Old
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Our back-up goalie was not doing his job and we lost..PERIOD

Old
Luuuc20

We lost b/c we couldn't finish and Ersberg was awful

Old
jimmy1100

Tough loss. It was a perfect storm though. Hot team + on the road + backup goaltender(who played worse than he typically does) - the breaks = Kings loss.

Oh well. Put it behind you and get a win tomorrow against a tough conference opponent!

Old
10-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

What the heck happened to Brownie? He's been quiet these past games.

Old
not tellin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
Kings have played well enough, happy regardless of outcome
HA! we obviously did not watch the same game. that was u-g-l-y.

Old
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Ersberg sucked tonight, but 2 goals is not going to win very many NHL games. This isn't soccer.
I'm not going to blame it all on him but there is a chance they could have gotten a point out of the game if Quick was in net.

Old
10-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Games like that happens............

we didn't score on great chances and get goal on weak chances............

Move on to the next game we can't win all of them.

As long as they defeat the Wings i'm pretty happy with that road trip.

And BTW thanks JDM for that great new AVATAR

Old
10-14-2009, 08:38 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
We're not going to win them all, I'll be ok with this loss IF we come out victorious over Detroit.
We bounced back extremely well from our last loss.

This should be an interesting battle against Detroit. Hopefully our boys (and especially Quick) are pissed and come out pedal to the metal because Detroit is coming off an ass whipping so I'm sure they'll be doing that.

Old
10-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Get the PGT up, let's wrap this one up quick and get ready for our win against the Wings tomorrow.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
10-14-2009, 08:39 PM
dabeechman

My avatar is sexier Kurrilino...LOL

Thanks JDM

Old
10-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

If this were any player other than Marian Gaborik I'd probably agree with both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
You come out and take the angle down, it is possible if you play correctly. Gaborik was the only player in the zone. You have to challenge him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
That goal was not Gaborik picking his spot. First, you can't say that since EE gave him half the net to shoot at, no spot was necessary to pick. Sure Doughty should have cut down the angle and forced Gaborik into a quicker decision/shot, but an NHL goalie has to stop that shot. If he doesn't, it's a weak goal.

The shot Gaborik just missed which you are referring to would not have been a weak goal. He was in the slot with a clear shooting lane.
First of all, why would Ersberg be comfortable coming out on the shooter without any defensive pressure? If Ersberg comes out to challenge, Gaborik can wait and take the puck down low because he has so much space. Doughty recognized the shot at the last minute but his body positioning wasn't good on that play. Ersberg had to be set for the shot because Gaborik has such a quick, unpredictable shot. Also, Ersberg's glove was milliseconds away from that puck. He was enough in position that he could made a save on that play, but the shot was just too fast and accurate, and he's obviously not a world class goalie.

Ersberg had to be set for the shot because Gaborik had the time and space to shoot whenever he wanted to. You can't let a guy like Gaborik get speed like that through center ice and come into the zone without pestering him. Gaborik was really dictating the play there.

Had Gaborik scored that goal on a guy like Thomas or Lundqvist or Brodeur it would've just been a nice shot. I feel like Ersberg's getting scapegoated.

Old
10-14-2009, 08:41 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

I keep track of good moments and plays that I want to capture on my computer after the game.

The 1st period I wrote down 10
2nd, 10

3rd?

Old
10-14-2009, 08:42 PM
FTheScene

quick in goal and we get different result.

looks like passing drills are in order as well.

outplayed the rags for 40 minutes and had a chance... once eazy e let in that softy on gaborik, it fell apart. [no disrespect to gabby's shot]

INHO our break out still needs a lot of work too... or am i hanging on to the dismal last half of the 3rd too much???

Old
10-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaelWho View Post
If this were any player other than Marian Gaborik I'd probably agree with both of you.

First of all, why would Ersberg be comfortable coming out on the shooter without any defensive pressure? If Ersberg comes out to challenge, Gaborik can wait and take the puck down low because he has so much space. Doughty recognized the shot at the last minute but his body positioning wasn't good on that play. Ersberg had to be set for the shot because Gaborik has such a quick, unpredictable shot. Also, Ersberg's glove was milliseconds away from that puck. He was enough in position that he could made a save on that play, but the shot was just too fast and accurate, and he's obviously not a world class goalie.

Ersberg had to be set for the shot because Gaborik had the time and space to shoot whenever he wanted to. You can't let a guy like Gaborik get speed like that through center ice and come into the zone without pestering him. Gaborik was really dictating the play there.

Had Gaborik scored that goal on a guy like Thomas or Lundqvist or Brodeur it would've just been a nice shot. I feel like Ersberg's getting scapegoated.
He is because he misplayed the shot. Give me a break about defensive pressure, there were like 3 Kings in the zone, 5 in between Gaborik and the next Ranger, and Doughty was right there with Gaborik. Sure Doughty may have been able to play that stronger, but he forced Gaborik down the extreme angle and he had very little to shoot at, except for the right side of the net because Ersberg played to the crease and was too far to the right. You need to leave the crease and give him nothing. If he tries to wrap around the net he is going to meet a defenseman on the other side.

Old
10-14-2009, 08:44 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Put up the PGT.

Old
10-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

PGT Finally up.

Closed Thread