HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Rags: Post Game Malaise

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2009, 11:23 PM
dabeechman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Ersberg looked like crap should have been pulled after the 2nd goal even if it wasn't his fault he was like a deer stuck in headlights all night.
I knew it was going to be a long game when he was swimming in the first 5 minutes.

Old
10-14-2009, 11:24 PM
HookKing

Lundquist was good but not great -- he didn't need to be. The Kings fired every shot right into his chest. Goaltending was the difference -- Ersberg was awful.

Old
10-14-2009, 11:37 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Sean "I should be on the US diving team" Avery? Welcome...

Thanks for Matty.
You mean Canadian diving team

Old
10-15-2009, 12:03 AM
no name

Strangely enough, the second like has the most overall scoring chances on the team. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Old
10-15-2009, 12:09 AM
redbranch

I have to say, I'm impressed with a lot of your posters. I disagree with the comments about the refs having money on the rangers, and that lundqvist not having to play well though. But the comments overall here show a pretty good hockey knowledge, and a few Kings fans showed up post game in our thread to be very gracious.

This was really the first game this season where lundqvist had to bail his team out, and he did. If he didn't play well, and make some very key saves, the Kings run over the Rangers in this game. You guys did to us, what we've been doing to most other teams this season. The difference is we had a hot goalie, and you had a rookie(who I think played very well overall)

Good luck against Detroit, and lets' try and meet up in the playoffs

Old
10-15-2009, 12:15 AM
no name

My take on the PP dmen is that Williams needs to be a first line PP forward instead of the point. I think the Kings have the most PP scoring chances when JJ is on the ice but I don't think JJ and Doughty pair well in that regard. Put Stoll and Doughty at the number one PP with JJ and Harrold manning the second line. The thing is that JJ has got to see more PP time. The disrepencies are pretty glaring.

If I may add, I would like to replace Brown with Simmonds on the second li=ne PP. I think Brown needs to earn his time. His game is starting to come around but things shouldn't be handed to him.

Old
10-15-2009, 12:17 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbranch View Post
I have to say, I'm impressed with a lot of your posters. I disagree with the comments about the refs having money on the rangers, and that lundqvist not having to play well though. But the comments overall here show a pretty good hockey knowledge, and a few Kings fans showed up post game in our thread to be very gracious.

This was really the first game this season where lundqvist had to bail his team out, and he did. If he didn't play well, and make some very key saves, the Kings run over the Rangers in this game. You guys did to us, what we've been doing to most other teams this season. The difference is we had a hot goalie, and you had a rookie(who I think played very well overall)

Thanks man.

Old
10-15-2009, 12:22 AM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
My take on the PP dmen is that Williams needs to be a first line PP forward instead of the point. I think the Kings have the most PP scoring chances when JJ is on the ice but I don't think JJ and Doughty pair well in that regard. Put Stoll and Doughty at the number one PP with JJ and Harrold manning the second line. The thing is that JJ has got to see more PP time. The disrepencies are pretty glaring.

If I may add, I would like to replace Brown with Simmonds on the second li=ne PP. I think Brown needs to earn his time. His game is starting to come around but things shouldn't be handed to him.

Agree with everything.

Old
10-15-2009, 12:22 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
We did get scoring chances though... maybe not the "hitting the goal post/over the net" kind, but rather the "deflected just wide/1 more pass" kind. I know it's hard to see, but it's there

Old
10-15-2009, 12:28 AM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
You mean Canadian diving team
Like he will be on a team full of french canadians (who are great divers btw. See Luongo)

Old
10-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Defgarden

Quote:

The NHL would totally have a huge boner for that scenario.

Old
10-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Re: the team attitude following the loss (as evident in inteviews and postgame)...On one hand, I'm upset that they're writing this off as 'just one game' when the expectations are higher.

On the other hand, though, the fact that the team sees what they did wrong, is ready to put it behind them and expects a WIN next game is a far different attitude than last year.

Old
10-15-2009, 01:38 AM
123slam

I laughed when avery got clipped. hate that little piece of ****.

**** that prima donna Boyle. little ***** complaining about us screwing him over when he's the one who couldnt cut it.

ersberg sucked. quick should have played. murray ****ed up.
williams sucked (get him off the point on the pp).
richardson played very well.
purcell is an NHLer..it's final.
the checking line is still the cure for erectile dysfunction.
smyth is god.
brown is a selfish player..i'm starting to see it now noname. he's starting to twist my nips.

yeahh i'm upset but only cuz the kings outplayed the rags and got the loss. excuse the french. peace!

Old
10-15-2009, 01:46 AM
redcard

Quote:

You're catching us after an unexpected 4 game winning streak. Even the most optimistic posters here didn't see us starting the season 4-1-0. If you invert those numbers the result would probably not be the same.

That being said, I am fairly confident we can take Detroit tomorrow.

Old
10-15-2009, 02:28 AM
backhander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
I laughed when avery got clipped. hate that little piece of ****.

**** that prima donna Boyle. little ***** complaining about us screwing him over when he's the one who couldnt cut it.

ersberg sucked. quick should have played. murray ****ed up.
williams sucked (get him off the point on the pp).
richardson played very well.
purcell is an NHLer..it's final.
the checking line is still the cure for erectile dysfunction.
smyth is god.
brown is a selfish player..i'm starting to see it now noname. he's starting to twist my nips.

yeahh i'm upset but only cuz the kings outplayed the rags and got the loss. excuse the french. peace!
totally agree...quick was riding on the win streak. murray come on...it's so much easier to say now that we lost.

Old
10-15-2009, 02:37 AM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhander View Post
totally agree...quick was riding on the win streak. murray come on...it's so much easier to say now that we lost.
Hindsight's 20/20, but Detroit's struggling and the Rangers on are on a hot streak. Seems like starting the hot goalie against the better team would be the better decision. Maybe Murray feels like putting Quick against the rags and Ersberg against the wings would put us in a position for 2 loses whereas we have a pretty good chance against the wings with Quick in.

Old
10-15-2009, 02:40 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Hindsight's 20/20, but Detroit's struggling and the Rangers on are on a hot streak. Seems like starting the hot goalie against the better team would be the better decision. Maybe Murray feels like putting Quick against the rags and Ersberg against the wings would put us in a position for 2 loses whereas we have a pretty good chance against the wings with Quick in.
Everyone has been saying "Western Conference game is more important" and all that, but a different thought occurred to me about the decision to play Ersberg tonight, quite a simple one. Better goalie for the game when the team will be more tired.

Though I agree with you. Soon as I heard Ersberg was starting this game I thought it would prove unwise. I still think we can win tomorrow, but the way Detroit is playing, I feel like we had a better chance at 4 points with Quick playing the Rags.

Old
10-15-2009, 03:27 AM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Everyone has been saying "Western Conference game is more important" and all that, but a different thought occurred to me about the decision to play Ersberg tonight, quite a simple one. Better goalie for the game when the team will be more tired.

Though I agree with you. Soon as I heard Ersberg was starting this game I thought it would prove unwise. I still think we can win tomorrow, but the way Detroit is playing, I feel like we had a better chance at 4 points with Quick playing the Rags.
Oh yeah, we can't expect our team to light fire and take out the hottest team in the East and then the Western conference champs the next night. With Quick in net tomorrow we have a great shot at taking 2 points out of a back-to-back on the road. Thankfully, Tomorrow is only our second "bounce back" game of the year.

Another question based on Ersberg's performance today: Should we be expecting our back-up goalie to be shaky after spending 2 weeks on the bench? Or should our back-up be playing like he has something to prove and seizing every opportunity?

Old
10-15-2009, 03:28 AM
LAMoFoKANGS*

ivanans should NEVER play "hockey" again....that is all

ps ersberg sucks.....

ok NOW that is all

Old
10-15-2009, 03:33 AM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Yeah, you really can't excuse Ersberg too much. That Gaborik goal was completely ridiculous. Five Kings were back and Ersberg was completely non-square to the shot. That was just a lazy play that took the team out of the game emotionally.

This game pissed me off really bad for some reason. The reffing was horrible, Lundqvist bailed out the Rags time after time, and we could barely connect a pass in the last ten minutes. I was just completely unimpressed by "the hottest team in the East" and I'm pissed off that a couple really soft goals cost this team two points they clearly should have had.

Whatever. The Wings are going to be much tougher tomorrow night.

Old
10-15-2009, 03:41 AM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
Yeah, you really can't excuse Ersberg too much. That Gaborik goal was completely ridiculous. Five Kings were back and Ersberg was completely non-square to the shot. That was just a lazy play that took the team out of the game emotionally.

This game pissed me off really bad for some reason. The reffing was horrible, Lundqvist bailed out the Rags time after time, and we could barely connect a pass in the last ten minutes. I was just completely unimpressed by "the hottest team in the East" and I'm pissed off that a couple really soft goals cost this team two points they clearly should have had.

Whatever. The Wings are going to be much tougher tomorrow night.
I didn't think the reffing was too bad, hell we got away with a couple in my opinion. But the PP was definitely uninspiring. Even when they could make a pass to a stick the receiver bobbled it. It was sloppy and the effort wasn't there.

Old
10-15-2009, 05:40 AM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
I didn't think the reffing was too bad, hell we got away with a couple in my opinion. But the PP was definitely uninspiring. Even when they could make a pass to a stick the receiver bobbled it. It was sloppy and the effort wasn't there.
When I say "the reffing was bad" I don't always mean for the Kings. Some horrible calls went both ways. The ref behind the net on the Rangers second goal who waved it off should be fired. Immediately. That call was bad for both Rangers and Kings fans alike, which is incredible when you think about it. Bad for the Rags in that it was clearly a goal and the puck was never dead; bad for the Kings that they decided to review a non-reviewable play.

Such a display of ineptitude is remarkable and only the beginning of the sad joke that is NHL reffing.

Old
10-15-2009, 05:51 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post

We definitely need to see Jack and Drew on the power play together. It should be an option any time we need to establish or regain a lead.

Old
10-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Chruceg

I try to avoid posting immediately after losses. Due largely to my reactionary profanity laced tirades. But in hindsight that was about a good of a loss as there could be. (If there is such a thing) The Kings simply out played the Rangers and only lost because of goaltending. This is to be expected from backup goalies.

Let's hope they continue the good play against the Wings tonight.

Old
10-15-2009, 07:20 AM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
When I say "the reffing was bad" I don't always mean for the Kings. Some horrible calls went both ways. The ref behind the net on the Rangers second goal who waved it off should be fired. Immediately. That call was bad for both Rangers and Kings fans alike, which is incredible when you think about it. Bad for the Rags in that it was clearly a goal and the puck was never dead; bad for the Kings that they decided to review a non-reviewable play.

Such a display of ineptitude is remarkable and only the beginning of the sad joke that is NHL reffing.
+ there was a horrible penalty call on Harrold crashing the net.
+ why didn't Avery got 2min for diving (unsport. conduct)
+ there were atleast 3 situations where the reffs didn't call a penalty on rags where they were holding Kopitar.

other than that there is this rumor: The Rangers NHL team has been invited for the USA diving qualifications. e4

Closed Thread