HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 5 | Flames at Jackets | 10/13, 7 p.m. EDT | FSOhio won't Carry the Game edition

Old
10-14-2009, 03:17 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Moo View Post
A poster at the Sharks board is part of an effort to rate the refs with unbiased eyes. He did our game last night. Check it out.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=103
That is very impressive work for an observer watching on TV, Moo, thanks for calling it to our attention.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 03:56 PM
MMMBERGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
That is very impressive work for an observer watching on TV, Moo, thanks for calling it to our attention.
Wow, that is some thorough analysis. Does he forward to the league office??

MMMBERGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Maybe I'm confused here, with what you are trying to say.

Yes, that would be on the rush. Moving the puck up the ice into a combined fashion into the offensive zone. What he does in the offensive zone is another topic. Russ with the puck in the neutral zone can be quite magical. He moves it up like the wind and avoids the defenders quite easily. He can be quite effective moving the puck with speed into the offensive zone.

That would be a breakout pass to create transistion out of your zone. If he's still in his own zone, he's not really on the rush. If we even have one at that point, the player might have dumped it in.
The problem with Russ using his speed is he gets there to quick and has no forward help. He then proceeds to lose the puck and it goes back the other way most of the time. I consider making that pass out of the defensive zone part of the rush up the ice. The first pass is very important and so far Stralman has shown he can deliver that first pass which is a lot more of an asset to the team then a defender rushing down the ice, losing the puck which creates a counter rush by the other team with a forward having to play defense. I think it's time we start expecting Russell to do more than just look good in the neutral zone because he's had that skill from day 1 in Columbus, it's the rest of his game (mainly offense) that hasn't really developed at all. I want to see more offense out of a supposed offensive defender, because at this point I'd just call him an athletic defender.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Cross-posting this from the NHL talk thread because it's pertinent here, too...

In the LA-NYR game tonight, the Rangers had a goal on a 5 on 3 whistled off. They reviewed it and called it a goal.

So why can they review that goal but not our goal? What gives?

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Moo View Post
Cross-posting this from the NHL talk thread because it's pertinent here, too...

In the LA-NYR game tonight, the Rangers had a goal on a 5 on 3 whistled off. They reviewed it and called it a goal.

So why can they review that goal but not our goal? What gives?
Can't review a play after the whistle has been blown. Once the whistle blows the play is considered dead, so there is nothing to review.

Problem here is that the Ref did not blow the whistle. Said that he "intended" to blow the play dead, and that is just as good.

Very perplexing.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:37 PM
MephistoIV

Send a message via AIM to MephistoIV
The whistle was blown AFTER the goal went in. A second or so after, they showed this and stated it and talked about it.

MephistoIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Its true that Russell's rushes don't end of generating goals very often, but the other 4 skaters don't seem to mind the chance to make a safe change while he's carrying the puck alone, deep into the other teams ice. It doesn't ever show up on the score sheet, but if you watch, it happens once or twice a night.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 06:33 AM
Porkopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephistoIV View Post
The whistle was blown AFTER the goal went in. A second or so after, they showed this and stated it and talked about it.
The NHL broke out the good old "ref intended to blow the whistle" clause. Well, I intended to be a gazillionaire but it hasn't quite happened yet, has it? What a ridiculously bad rule and call.

Porkopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 06:54 AM
OnYourIgnoreList

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkopolis View Post
The NHL broke out the good old "ref intended to blow the whistle" clause. Well, I intended to be a gazillionaire but it hasn't quite happened yet, has it? What a ridiculously bad rule and call.
Per Gary Bettman, you are, in fact, a gazillionaire. You should take us all to Burlington Coat Factory and buy us a shirt.

OnYourIgnoreList is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 07:28 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMthespoon View Post
Per Gary Bettman, you are, in fact, a gazillionaire. You should take us all to Burlington Coat Factory and buy us a shirt.
Buy us EACH a shirt.

Old
10-15-2009, 08:13 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkopolis View Post
LOL!! Loved it.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote