HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10.14.09 - Nashv- ERROR

Old
10-15-2009, 03:27 AM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
The glass is half empty, at best.

Sullivan-Arnott-Dumont
All were deemed expendable by their previous team. They might form OK first line when they're all clicking, but they pail in comparison to the first lines of good teams. And they're all on the downside of the career.

Erat-Legwand
Been waiting for years and years for them to "click." It aint happening.

The rest of the forwards
A bunch of hope and crap, and can't really determine which is what.

Defense
Has a potential to be a strength, but we fail to surround our young talent with proven vets. We surround our young talent with even younger "talent"; I use that word losely. A combination for mediocrity, at best.

Poile
His words a couple years ago after signing Legwand, Erat, Dumont, etc-- "We're making our bed." Hope your comfy David, cause the Nashville fan base aint.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 08:49 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

If Trotz is replaced, I hope that a coach with a proven trackrecord of having a successful power play is found.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:23 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I can tell already attendance is going to be hurting this year due to economy. If the Preds are terrible this year also attendance will be laughable. I'm a season ticket holder and I am already asking myself if I want to go tommorrow. I got alot of other stuff I have to get done. If I had to buy a ticket for tommorrow no way in hell I would go.
Not necessarily directed towards you predfan24 but I didn't want to start a new thread or bump my old one:

Despite the crappy start to the season I'm still planning to visit Nashville in January for a night or two and catch a game against the Ducks. That said, I'm wondering if anyone with season tickets would have 2 tickets they could sell me for the January 2nd game. I partly ask because I don't have a credit card any more and thus can't purchase tickets through Ticketmaster, and also if perhaps anyone will be out of town that weekend.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:27 AM
RollingPredFan

Can't any team in Nashville play a competitive game? I'm not talking a win necessarily, it just would be nice to be in a game once and a while.

Do you guys really see Poile firing Trotz? I doubt it myself.

I was worried about re-signing Sully, he is looking slower and loses the puck too much and his defense is awful. Still it's early yet.

I'm not sure what has happened since the first 3 games, we were playing pretty decently, although not scoring much. We broke a record last night of the fastest 4 goals scored... lol

Oh well, hopefully tonight they show up, I'm not holding my breath.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Panopticon

At least the Predators are playing as a team. They all seem to suck pretty equally. Goalies, d-men, forwards... I'd still put most of the blame (outside of Trotz) on the forwards (defensively and offensively), though. They look like they're trying hard, but they're not doing the right things enough.

Well, on the bright side, the 2010 draft is really top heavy with a lot of gifted forwards. The Preds could have some offense in the future, maybe...

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Jarnberg

This team's inability to cycle the puck is obviously concerning. There is hardly any pressure in the offensive zone. We have a hard time getting our defenseman involved. Except for Wilson, Hornqvist and Ward, and to an extent Jones, everyone else is terrible along the boards and loses the puck way too easily.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 10:34 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

I am really bothered by something.
Not to denigrate us, but obviously none of us earns a living as a hockey professional. If one of US (SLake) can produce that kind of detailed analysis of what went wrong, why can't our coaching staff see it and right the ship? Others have said this, but it is not just that the team is losing, it is HOW they are losing that is so deflating to any hope for the team. I would rather go watch the adult leagues at Centennial than watch this team for free right now.:

Last edited by darth5: 10-15-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: just washed my hands and can't doa thing with them
darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 10:37 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
For 3 games now can you tell me any player on this team that isnt invisible or terrible?

Sully with -3 last night.

Kevin Klein is THE WOrst dman we have iced in a while, Im talking Houlder-Hulse-Bombadir bad. We couldnt do any worse right now by calling up Sulzer and sitting him a few games, get DeVries on the phone or something, I know he isnt doing anything right now.

Apparently Fiddler and Zanon were the heart and soul of this team. Trotz had it right all along.

Im going tomorrow night just to boo.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:35 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panopticon View Post
At least the Predators are playing as a team. They all seem to suck pretty equally. Goalies, d-men, forwards... I'd still put most of the blame (outside of Trotz) on the forwards (defensively and offensively), though. They look like they're trying hard, but they're not doing the right things enough.

Well, on the bright side, the 2010 draft is really top heavy with a lot of gifted forwards. The Preds could have some offense in the future, maybe...
too bad TML is gunning for Taylor Hall and will screw us for a second time in a year's span.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
Apparently Fiddler and Zanon were the heart and soul of this team. Trotz had it right all along.
lmao, I almost said the same exact thing yesterday. kind of makes you wonder...

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
lmao, I almost said the same exact thing yesterday. kind of makes you wonder...
The team is struggling to find their identity. A lot of marginally talented veterans with a ton of heart and character are gone and I think the team is struggling to find players to step up and replace that character loss.

I think that was part of the message to Goc. He is a former first-round pick, an Olympian, and has played the past few years for a winning team. On the ice, he has been one of our best forwards defensively, but he's gotta expand his game and stop being so generic. Fiddler, Nichol, and Bonk all were reliable defensively, but they also had a little spark in other areas of their game as well...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
too bad TML is gunning for Taylor Hall and will screw us for a second time in a year's span.
Hey, knowing us we would take Cam Fowler anyways.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Its a little early to get this gloomy. Take a step back and realize that all of the problems we are bringing up, well, we have had these exact same issues for Trotz's entire tenure. The only difference is we actually got blown out two games in a row.....We are 2-3, should be at least 2-2-1, but we aren't. This season isn't over by a long shot, and regardless of how bad we look, we do have the talent to at least play respectably.

With that said, I don't like the make up of this team, and I believe the past three off-seasons have been three of Poile's worst ..... and they have all occurred consecutively......(this does not count the drafts, which I feel he has actually done well in).

10-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
You want Kabanov anyway, so he can play awesome for you guys and then go back to Russia.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 04:10 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
Im going tomorrow night just to boo.
I like it! Booing the empty ice is a metaphor for the idea that the team has failed to show up this season and we won't take it anymore. Sitting by yourself in the stands is a play on the idea that fans won't show up to watch the level of play the team has given so far. Not bad.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 04:31 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
Im actually done complaining for now, I think I just needed to get it out of my system. The season is still young.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote