HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

10-13-09 Avs at Maple Leafs 5:30 PM MT

Old
10-14-2009, 10:14 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Yeesh...bad day at the office Komisarek?

Listened to the game on 1510 on my way to Boulder last night...of course as soon as I entered Boulder the signal all but died. Once again, thanks for that BRILLIANT business decision Kroenke Sports of taking the Avs off FM radio and putting them on some crap AM station with no amplitude. I at least heard through the static briefly that Beauchemin hurt Liles, very disconcerting news. I hope it's a minor injury. Anything that gives more minutes to Clark is a very, very bad thing.

EDIT: Now I'm reading it was Grabovski...thanks Moser.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblinmedics View Post
I think it's tough to switch up lines in the middle of a road trip like this. When the Avs have a few days off to practice, then maybe Sacco will give some different combinations a shot.

I, personally, like the idea of letting Duchene center the "#1" line, and putting Stastny on the 2nd. That would take some pressure off of Staz, and we can see what he does when he's not always playing against the shut-down line and d-pair of the other team. Maybe like this?

Wolski-Duchene-Jones
Tucker-Stastny-Hejduk

You could probably insert Galiardi where Tucker is, but Tucker's been producing and I wouldn't want to disturb that.
I think the worst thing in the world for Duchene right now while he's clenching his stick for that first goal and such is to put him on the first line. We don't want him to feel even more pressured than he already feels. Right now any production we get out of him is great for the kid, but the second we throw him on the first line he'll be EXPECTED to score goals and get assists. We don't want that.

Not to mention, honestly, Stastny is not doing bad in the least, and it's not like he's failing to produce when called upon. We haven't needed him much at all these past few games to be the superstar that we all know he is. Just leave the pieces where they are, and if possible, throw Jones up on Doucher's line.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiavsfan View Post
Who loves the Avs?
This guy:
Haha, I was wondering if someone was going to comment on that. Big fat guys like that just shouldn't wear the EDGE jersey. Get a nice, comfy classic Avs jersey, and be proud.

...But then again I absolutely hate the EDGE jersey to no end, so I guess maybe it's prejudice?

.......Maybe not

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:40 AM
chiavsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Haha, I was wondering if someone was going to comment on that. Big fat guys like that just shouldn't wear the EDGE jersey. Get a nice, comfy classic Avs jersey, and be proud.

...But then again I absolutely hate the EDGE jersey to no end, so I guess maybe it's prejudice?

.......Maybe not
At first I thought...maybe it's a game-worn, because really, how many people have a Cody McCleod jersey? But then I saw the front tag and realized that it's a replica. I mean, you have to know how bad that looks (And I am no prize myself believe you me)

chiavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
Heh. Classic sweaters are like Hawaiian shirts for fat fellows. I'm nowhere near that guy's girth, but age and inaction have given me enough of a paunch that an EDGE jersey would be less-than-flattering. Oh, well. If he wants to wear it, so be it.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 12:10 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
A few notes from last game:

1. I alluded to the fact the Matt was starting to show his frustration after the bruins game and last night u can clearly tell he is frustrated. Hopefully he gets his first career goal against MTL much like Stastny. I do feel the flood gates will open for him once he gets that first one and he has not done n e thing to hurt the team so im comfortable with him not scoring I just wanna see him get one.

2. Cumiskey had another solid game. Sacco is playing him just right right now

3. That hit on JML was scary and wats worse is there was no penalty on the play. Hope hes not out for too long as he and Quincey have looked great on our PP.

4. Kyle Quincey is what this team has been missing for awhile now. Kinda reminds me of Greg de Vries and im not sure why.

5. Davey jones has been the best forward the last few games and Lamborghini Galiardi had another solid game.

6. Anderson pushing orr last night was hilarious.

7. Adam Foote again was awful

8. Stastny hasnt been bad but hasnt been all that noticeable either on this road trip. Hopefully he takes control of a few games on this road trip.

9. When was the last time our PP was this good? Even our PK has been fantastic.

10. I hope we see Chris Stewart against MTL I have a feeling when he draws back in that hes gonna have a great game.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 02:58 PM
PeterTheGreat

Something just came to me. Hasn't Stastny historically struggled on the road quite a bit more than at home? I remember having this conversation a year or 2 ago, and that he racked up alot more points at home than he did on the road.

Maybe Im just imagining things....

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 08:56 AM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Thats not the problem. Once again the problem is Versus. They own the exclusive rights to this time slot for hockey. So any game played at this time that is not on Versus can't be seen in the US. It has nothing to do with Altitude, as they are broadcasting the Montreal game which is even further away. So basically from what I understand Altitude can't show this because Versus owns exclusive rights for hockey at this time slot, and they don't want any competition.

At least that was the explanation I heard.
I've been out of town for a while and haven't had time to comb through all subsequent posts/threads, so I apologize if this has been addressed already, but have we not seen numerous counterexamples to this explanation? Like every year? We have Avs games every season on Altitude whose time slot overlaps with a Versus game (typically on Monday/Tuesday nights), yet I don't believe we've ever missed an Avs game on Altitude before (that was not being shown on Versus/NBC). If this really is the rule, wouldn't we be missing multiple Avs game on Altitude every season? Just as one example, the Nov 23rd game against Philly this year will overlap with a Versus game, yet it shows as being on Altitude. There has to be more detail missing from this explanation, right?

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:31 AM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHockeyFan View Post
I've been out of town for a while and haven't had time to comb through all subsequent posts/threads, so I apologize if this has been addressed already, but have we not seen numerous counterexamples to this explanation? Like every year? We have Avs games every season on Altitude whose time slot overlaps with a Versus game (typically on Monday/Tuesday nights), yet I don't believe we've ever missed an Avs game on Altitude before (that was not being shown on Versus/NBC). If this really is the rule, wouldn't we be missing multiple Avs game on Altitude every season? Just as one example, the Nov 23rd game against Philly this year will overlap with a Versus game, yet it shows as being on Altitude. There has to be more detail missing from this explanation, right?
it's not every versus game it's the versus "game of the week" that they have the exclusive slot to (they have asteriks next to the game on the versus schedule) not sure if we've overlapped one or not before

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:02 AM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconski View Post
it's not every versus game it's the versus "game of the week" that they have the exclusive slot to (they have asteriks next to the game on the versus schedule) not sure if we've overlapped one or not before
Thanks for the additional detail. I'm not seeing the asterisks, though:

http://www.versus.com/nw/article/vie...hl_article.tpl

Am I looking in the right place?

Better question: Should it be this hard to understand all of this?

Old
10-15-2009, 11:21 AM
chet1926

Quote:
That Philly game is a home game that starts at 7pm MDT. The "Game of the week" starts at 5:00pm MDT. So they don't overlap, its just if there is a game scheduled at 5:00 or 5:30 local networks aren't allowed to show it.

The only game this year that was affected by this clause was the one against the Maple Leafs game. We really don't play too often on Tuesday and if we do its at home so the start time is 7pm.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Commander Enigma

Quote:
Better question: Should it be this hard to understand all of this?
And another question: will there be any other games blacked out locally because of this?

EDIT: Nevermind, according to the schedule all the remaining games will be on Altitude or Versus. Strange that this one game is the only game this year or in five years to be blacked out because of this mysterious rule. I take it many East Coast teams must have their local broadcasts regularly blacked out...

Last edited by Commander Enigma: 10-15-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:39 AM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
That Philly game is a home game that starts at 7pm MDT. The "Game of the week" starts at 5:00pm MDT. So they don't overlap, its just if there is a game scheduled at 5:00 or 5:30 local networks aren't allowed to show it.
I'm tired, so I might be missing something, but how does that Philly game not overlap when its official Versus time slot is 7-9:30 ET (5-7:30 MT), and our game starts at 7 MT?

Old
10-15-2009, 11:50 AM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralRonin View Post
And another question: will there be any other games blacked out locally because of this?
Exactly. Which is why I'm asking all of these questions. It doesn't make sense to me though I was unaware of this apparent distinction between special "game of the week" games on Versus and all other games on Versus.