HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HOME OPENER 10/15/09 - Colorado @ Montreal 7:30PM EDT RDS (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2009, 02:57 PM
la25ecoupe

vCash: 500
I'm scared of the Avs.. they're so strong.. especially PP.

Old
10-15-2009, 03:00 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
True, since they did beat your Bruins 2 nights ago. They are playing well as a team, with tremendous goaltending.

Old
10-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Very excited. Can't wait to wear my new home Latendresse jersey in front of the TV for the game tonight! GO HABS GO!!!

Old
10-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
True, since they did beat your Bruins 2 nights ago. They are playing well as a team, with tremendous goaltending.
They beat the leafs 2 nights ago. 4-1 with Komi's own goal off his head.

This year has been strange with top players getting hurt, weird goals and seems to be more games blown wide open.

Old
10-15-2009, 04:11 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
There are a couple of young teams playing amazing hockey in the West.. Columbus, L.A., Colorado.. They are all very improved..

Old
10-15-2009, 04:23 PM
mrfan

guys what time do you think puck drops at? I have a f'in class till 8:15 and just wondering if they're will be a delay due to opening ceremony.

Old
10-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

The player intro should take what 5-8 minutes? if the do player by player. They will probably have something else and then a puck drop which should take about another 5-8 minutes, the commercials and whatever else they do, so im gonna say it starts at 7:58. Just a guess.

Old
10-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Ram*

GO HABS GO!!!

I'm leaving to the Bell Centre in 15 minutes.

Old
10-15-2009, 04:29 PM
mrfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Mess View Post
The player intro should take what 5-8 minutes? if the do player by player. They will probably have something else and then a puck drop which should take about another 5-8 minutes, the commercials and whatever else they do, so im gonna say it starts at 7:58. Just a guess.
nice gonna leave class early to catch it

Old
10-15-2009, 04:33 PM
InglewoodJack

Has anyone been on the Avs' GDT? I love how these guys are not even close to being homers, a lot are predicting the Habs to play good, they're proud of their (Goalless) Duchene, and agree that both teams have talent. And I read 2, maybe three pages WITHOUT any sign of
- bashing current players
- bashing former plays
- arguing over who on their team is crap
- and explaining how their players are great, and how a comparable player on an opposing team sucks.

Oh how I wish we were all Avs fans.

Old
10-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Stubbs88

Colorado's a funny team. No doubt they are playing great hockey right now, but I don't think they can keep it up all year. There are always some surprise teams at the start of the season, both good and bad. But, in the long run the good teams turn it around, and the not so good teams come back to earth. The best I thing I can compare it to is the Blue Jays this year. The start of the season they were playing great, leading the division and were at one point, IIRC almost 10 games over .500. But eventually the real team showed up and they did what everyone expected pre-season and fell out of the play-off picture fast. These teams don't have any pressure on them beginning the year, they have low expectations from fan and media but soon enough that changes and they are exposed.

That being said, they are playing great right now and I can not wait for tonight's game. Going to be a good test for the Habs. Hopefully the fans give a nice welcome to the new guys and Cammallerri gets the monkey off his back and pots his first goal as a Canadien!! Wooooo come on game time!!!

Oh, and great work on the GDT!!

Last edited by Stubbs88: 10-15-2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: oh and great work on the GDT!
Old
10-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
I'm the biggest carey price supporter i know but he has TERRIBLE taste in music/fashion/art.

His mask is ...so bad.
Did you expect him to go to la Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier to see the the Montréal Symphony Orchestra?

Old
10-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Blame Subban
Galchenyuk

5-2 Habs, Cammy nets 2.

Go Habs go!

Old
10-15-2009, 05:02 PM
FeelsLike93

I got a question if someone could help me out.. I love watching the team intro to the games, but last season they always skipped it on RDS and they always cut to Joel Bouchard and those guys talking about the game, but they always showed it on CBC. Tonight the game isn't on CBC, but do you think they'll show the pre game ceremony and intro on RDS considering it is the home opener?

Old
10-15-2009, 05:03 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Did you expect him to go to la Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier to see the the Montréal Symphony Orchestra?
He should have. They were playing Mussorgsky this week. It was Pictures at an Exhibition, but that'd be pretty cool if on his mask he had images derivated from Night on Bald Mountain, even if he chooses those from Fantasia. Mussorgsky rocks

Old
10-15-2009, 05:12 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

really happy to see Belle with the big team. Hope for a great game from him!!!!!!!!

Old
10-15-2009, 05:15 PM
HOPE4HABS

It Starts Tonight...

Ladies and gentlemen it starts tonight.

Kirk Muller smilling and telling the bench how there is no better place to be than right here on opening night.

Our `small` three showing the 21000 + fans that size doesn`t matter when you have speed and grit and heart.

Our depleted back end playing strong as a group utilizing their talents,
and shutting down the other teams opportunities. The crowd not focused on how slow gill is, but recognizing his long reach and how he uses his size.

It starts tonight...

Krisp passes, tape to tape, and clean breakouts. Price focused and concentrated, resulting in ``The Price IS right`` hfboard threads. It Starts tonight...

Plecky and andrei creating plays and forcing fans to raise to their feet in applause as vertigo plays again and again... and hopefully again.

This is just a positive thread to start the rise of the habs to the top of the east.... where they belong....

Tonight is the night...... (feel free to continue. guys lets keep this positive ok?)

Old
10-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Have fun to everyone that is going to the game tonight. For the rest of us suckers watching it at home, have fun as well!

I think Montreal will have a strong game tonight. I don't expect a big productive night due to Anderson being a beast in nets for the Avs. Price will have a good game too, so I predict a 2-1 game finishing in regulation. Gionta and Cammy will score while Svatos scores for the Avs. I'd also like to see a fight between Tucker and Moen and I'm only saying Moen because against Laraque, Tucker would probably turtle after taking a punch or two.

Go Habs Go!

Old
10-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Theeze0504

The Habs are going to light it up at home. Eleventy billion to 1.

Old
10-15-2009, 05:25 PM
MontrealHabsFan

GAME Report

Nice Game Report on Habs vs. Avs

In French

http://www.25stanley.com/home/attent...avalanche.html

Old
10-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfan View Post
guys what time do you think puck drops at? I have a f'in class till 8:15 and just wondering if they're will be a delay due to opening ceremony.
No doubt there will be a ceremony and a late puck drop. How late is the question. Somewhere between 15 and 30 minutes late I'd guess.

Old
10-15-2009, 05:28 PM
BillyShears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPE4HABS View Post

Kirk Muller smilling and telling the bench how there is no better place to be than right here on opening night.

Our `small` three showing the 21000 + fans that size doesn`t matter when you have speed and grit and heart.

and shutting down the other teams opportunities. The crowd not focused on how slow gill is, but recognizing his long reach and how he uses his size.

It starts tonight...

Krisp passes, tape to tape, and clean breakouts. Price focused and concentrated, resulting in ``The Price IS right`` hfboard threads. It Starts tonight...

Plecky and andrei creating plays and forcing fans to raise to their feet in applause as vertigo plays again and again... and hopefully again.

This is just a positive thread to start the rise of the habs to the top of the east.... where they belong....

Tonight is the night...... (feel free to continue. guys lets keep this positive ok?)
May all your wishes come true

Old
10-15-2009, 05:29 PM
OneCupTwoFour

Hope Cammalleri finally pots one, and that Belle has a great showing. I just wish for once that we can bring up a rookie and he has some immediate impact...lol'

Go Has Go!

Old
10-15-2009, 05:37 PM
The Nightman

I hope the players get a cool intro, unlike last season.

Old
10-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPE4HABS View Post

It starts tonight...

A beautiful way to begin the season at home. Well said.

Positive thoughts and feelings create positive results. Negative feelings and thoughts create guess what?

Go Habs. Rise up and show us your talent with a beautiful win tonight.

Closed Thread