HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

**** This **** - Habs lose 3-2

Old
10-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Gill definitely needs to go. Even as a 6th or 7th defenseman, he's horrible. He must have like 7-8 giveaways per game. This man can't be trusted on the ice. Why oh why doesn't he throw a bodycheck from time to time. Sometimes he's got the guy in the back of the net and he just gives him space to move. "Gentleman" hockey lol

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
It's so ****ing frustrating to go through a ****** year last year, see all the turn over, get **** from other fan bases and the media about the changes, come into the year with high hopes, then struggle to beat a winless team so far, then lose four ****ing straight including your home opener.

**** this team right now. Where is the offense. It seems like we only get sustained pressure two times a game. Once when we score in the first half of the game, and once in the last 5 minutes of a game when we're losing.
becasue this team has barely a #1 line

and lots of 3rd liners trying to be the stars that score,

this team does not have a solid #1 line, and yet we have a solid cap,

figure that.

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Galchy27

Let Markov play injured, I don't care what Malakhov thinks. It's obvious we can't win without him. Even if he's crippled right now, he can't possibly be worse than Hal Gill.

Galchy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
one bright spot... shawn belle is f'ing good!
You didn't watch the game.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CaptKirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Actually he left because Paciorety and Gionta were both standing there. They failed to cover for him.
since when are wingers responsible for covering the front of the net, there was no need for belle to commit that deep into the corner

CaptKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Remember guys...this is practically a brand new team with a new system...gotta give them some time to gel

Owen Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Funny to hear how O'Byrne is suddenly a top 4....the same guy that we were ridding out of town not so long ago. Honestly, it has nothing to do with O'B but Markov.....for so long this team has been a 1-guy team.
He was playing like one and I never was, go back through my history if you must I've never rid him out of town. O'Byrne is Hal Gill with a brain, and yes he was playing like a top 4 D before he left

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shabutie

One thing I really didn't like was Martin putting Pleks and Cammy together for the 4 on 4 at the end. Why? Pleks and Kostitsyn have 3 seasons worth of chemistry together and were playing very good hockey tonight.

Cammalleri has not played well since joining the team. Gio and Gomez have both had some great moments, Cammy hasn't showed very much.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AVSfan2daMAX

Not that may ease habs fans displeasure, but I thought having the players introduce themselves was really cool. Even if it's just "Je suis...."

AVSfan2daMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Daice

If this continues next year we will be hearing

Jee souiss Taylor Hall

Daice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pure

vCash: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
The referees were bad on both sides. From what I saw, calls were missed on EACH side, not just the Habs side. They made some phantom calls on our side, yes. They missed some calls for us, yes. They also missed some calls on the Avs side as well.

Plekanec's goal should have been disallowed, plain and simple. It hit the protector net, the play should have been whistled dead. Therefor, we either lose 2-1 or 3-1. Either way, we still lost and that non-call on Plecky's goal was by far the worst decision.

The referees were bad tonight. You have your off nights and you have your on nights. Instead of heckling the referees for having their bad night, why the hell aren't we talking about how bad the team was? For Christ's sakes, the team was purely awful tonight both offensively and defensively.

great post. the refs were horrible tonight, but lets not act like it was one sided.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

posters that says that we should tank after 6 games to get Hall should be banned

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Shawn Belle ****ed up on the 3rd goal, or both the d did, because both of them were in the corner for some ****in' reason.
Exactly why I was so perplexed by his call-up. I just could see this coming, he would screw up and it would cause a key goal against. And it happened. He didn't even play a bad game as a whole, but he blew his coverage there and it cost us.

This team is finding ways to lose right now. Bottom line. And I fear it's going to be the story without Markov, losing 1 goal games that could have gone our way with a play here or there. This is going to be a challenging season, every win is going to have to be hard earned and we just can NOT take an entire period off like we did in the 2nd. We as a fanbase need to accept this season may very well be a trying one.

The good thing tonight was 2 goals created by the Plekanec line. He and Kosty looked like they did in 2007-08. Pacioretty also looked far better after a shaky first.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year 101 View Post
**** the habs, we never get any bounces our way and everything always ****s up for us. This is RIDICULOUS
You wont get any bounces when your 5"9 175 pounds wingers or centers are at the circles waiting for a pass all the time. Go get players who will pay the price and park there big ***** in front of the ****ing net!!!

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BeastScottThornton*

Hal Gill needs to go.

Price got outplayed.

Gomez is so underwhelming. So is Cammy at this point.

To think that years of searching for a top-line center culminated in acquiring Scott ****ing Gomez. Epic Fail Bob. Epic Fail.

BeastScottThornton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
You should change your username to TheAntiCH because I've never seen you post anything positive on this board...
Habs will get a good pick this year - thats a positive.
Halak is better than Price - thats a positive.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:18 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergy22 View Post
Did anyone notice we had 7 players on the ice the last 15 seconds? Go back and check the tape
The refs saw Gill and figured he brings negativity to the Habs

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewHabsEra*

Gill and Laraque are nulity on skates!!!

Lapierre is fourth line material.. The third line was so uneffective, especially in the neutral zone, they let the other guys skate as much as they wanted..

Spacek is my biggest desapointment so far this season, a non factor, brings nothing offensively...

We need Subban badly, more skills at the blueline or the season will be long.. buy out Gill as soon as OByrne comes back... Mara is enough.. mobility needed PLZ!!!

Belle surprised me in the third, had some good shifts..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson View Post
Remember guys...this is practically a brand new team with a new system...gotta give them some time to gel
No you don't, if they don't win, they suck. Everyone sucks, the habs are terrible and can never win anything, we should tank, blah blah blah.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ChaseMe

Other than being big WTF does Gill do? How did this guy make the NHL? I'm not even joking around...

ChaseMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Frustrating loss...I don't like blaming refs for losses but some of the blatant non calls in the 3rd was disgusting..WTH were the refs looking at?

The Habs didn't play a great game tonight but they deserved better..The Habs seemed cursed without Markov..

What is the Habs record without Markov in the line up going back to his injury in the Leaf game last year?
1-12-0 without Markov including playoffs

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
la25ecoupe

Which of the refs can call penalties?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Well he just left the box, maybe there was too much urgency in the play to have him run towards the bench to make a change, and there would be missing one player in the offensive zone for 5-6 seconds.
Tht's Gill you're talking about, right? So that should read minutes not seconds.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Daice

LOL on the last minite we were playing 7 vs 5 (one too many) and we STILL dint score

Daice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Gill definitely needs to go. Even as a 6th or 7th defenseman, he's horrible. He must have like 7-8 giveaways per game. This man can't be trusted on the ice. Why oh why doesn't he throw a bodycheck from time to time. Sometimes he's got the guy in the back of the net and he just gives him space to move. "Gentleman" hockey lol
I'm pretty sure Gill leads our team in hits, actually...

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote