HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"What Goalies?" - 10.15.09 - Nashville vs. Chicago

Old
10-15-2009, 09:20 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
We have a reputation as a fast team. We are not a fast team anymore. Say what you want about guys like Fiddler, Nichol, Bonk, De Vries, Zanon. We had an idenity as a team with these guys. No they weren't much for Offense but they were solid players. I understand with these guys we would have never been contenders.

Right now it just looks like too me with all these new guys this team has no idenity. We are icing more offensive talent right now without a doubt but it is NOT working right now. I am a season ticket holder but I am seriously already sick of watching the team. It's hard to drive all the way from Rutherford county every game night when your not looking forward to what you will see.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Perhaps it's time for a sacrifice...
we don't need people puking in the dressing room

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:27 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Love the first picture "It's not cricket!"

Oh what the hell:

Preds actually score a goal in a 3-1 loss to the Hawks.
How dare thou who mocked me.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:29 PM
OpenWheel

I just saw an advertisement for the team. They showed lots of goals and excitement, culminating in a Predators win.

Did that really happen? I can't remember anything. My mind is blank.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:31 PM
MemphisMTLfan

We've tried everything. Something isn't right. No matter how much talent or lack of talent we ice, without chemistry we're nothing. It's frustrating to see the other lines work together like a well oiled machine, and we look like we're icing guys who dislike each other or something. Where is the leadership?

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:33 PM
braindead

Well, I'm happy with that game. I'm happy with the effort, I'm happy with the chances and I think we will win more than half of our games if played like that. Not close to perfect but we took a step back onto solid ground after peering into the abyss. I'd stick with those line combos and try to settle into it.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Is it too early to be talking about Taylor Hall ?

Old
10-15-2009, 09:55 PM
predfan24

I hate to say this because I'm usuaully the one trying to talk sense into the overreactors, but if something doesn't change this team will be a bottom 5 team EASILY. Just thinking about all our are games so far.

Game 1 at Dallas- Outplayed, lucky to get to OT.

Game 2 with Avs- It was a pretty even game. We still had to come back within the last 10 minutes. Decent win. I wasn't overly impressed though.

Game 3 with Buffalo- Obviously Rinne stops us from getting blown out.

Game 4 with EDM- Nothing needs to be said about this one

Game 5 at Dallas- ditto.

Tonight- Looked like we were playing to not get embarrased rather than win. Once again I wasn't impressed tonight at all. We played better in our zone and the only really stupid gaff was by Klein. However our offensive pressure is laughable. I disagree with Crispy about all of our scoring chances. SO what? Good teams miss scoring chances every game and still win. We have no finishers to convert our limited chances.

So not one game have I been impressed by our team. We are lucky we aren't 1-5 or 0-6. Once again I'm usually not that doom and gloom guy and I will gladly eat my words. I just don't see it happening.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 10:00 PM
OpenWheel

Does Daunic ever come up with interesting post game questions? Lame talk with Colin Wilson. I learned that we play Washington next, and that we play Chicago again.

Hopefully Wilson can catch fire. He's two losses away from matching the total losses he experienced with Boston U. last season. I'm not feeling as if we have too many others who can lift their games.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I hate to say this because I'm usuaully the one trying to talk sense into the overreactors, but if something doesn't change this team will be a bottom 5 team EASILY. Just thinking about all our are games so far.

Game 1 at Dallas- Outplayed, lucky to get to OT.

Game 2 with Avs- It was a pretty even game. We still had to come back within the last 10 minutes. Decent win. I wasn't overly impressed though.

Game 3 with Buffalo- Obviously Rinne stops us from getting blown out.

Game 4 with EDM- Nothing needs to be said about this one

Game 5 at Dallas- ditto.

Tonight- Looked like we were playing to not get embarrased rather than win. Once again I wasn't impressed tonight at all. We played better in our zone and the only really stupid gaff was by Klein. However our offensive pressure is laughable. I disagree with Crispy about all of our scoring chances. SO what? Good teams miss scoring chances every game and still win. We have no finishers to convert our limited chances.

So not one game have I been impressed by our team. We are lucky we aren't 1-5 or 0-6. Once again I'm usually not that doom and gloom guy and I will gladly eat my words. I just don't see it happening.
Trotz with a major gaffe when he didn't call timeout before the Hawks 3rd goal, when he had a chance to ... Klein & Hamhuis were gassed according to Callahan & Daunic

Old
10-15-2009, 10:29 PM
MemphisMTLfan

I don't think we'll play this bad all year. This team is just coming off to a painfully slow start. I think scoring the first goal or 2 in a game will help.

Old
10-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Jarnberg

Just got back from the game and I wonder if our offense looked as bad on TV as it did in person.

This team's play this season is perhaps the most boring I've seen in the franchise's short lifespan. And judging by the attendance, (again), that lifespan is nearing death.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Just got back from the game and I wonder if our offense looked as bad on TV as it did in person.

This team's play this season is perhaps the most boring I've seen in the franchise's short lifespan. And judging by the attendance, (again), that lifespan is nearing death.
I hope they enjoy Canada

Old
10-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Jarnberg

Gotta love how Erat's goal was an accident as he was trying to pass the puck, but I guess when you score 8 goals in 6 games, you can't be picky.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:09 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

Agreed. Just drove back to Rutherford Co wondering why I put the effort to drive up to Nash, pay 10 bucks to park, and watch this sad excuse for a team. Boring hockey all night long.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:16 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Interesting note-- the third and backbreaking goal came as a result of a needless icing that I was pounding my head over. We had full possession of the puck, pressure wasn't too bad, and we sailed the puck clear to the other end of the ice to take the icing. Chicago proceeded to win the draw, and the rest is history.

In the past, 2 goals with 11 minutes to go wouldn't have been something to get too down about...you'd feel like we were capable. Not so, anymore. The maddening thing is that we honestly had quite a few quality scoring chances(hard to believe,w ith only 13 shots), but NO ONE on the team has any finish at the moment. We must lead the league in whiffed shots in the slot facing empty nets, at the moment. It doesn't help that we're striking iron so much, but that happens.

Also kind of funny is that in the past, we knew we had a rotten PP, but could at least hang our hat on our PK. These days, we're in trouble no matter what special teams are out. But at least we got to participate in that super-fun orchestrated "Wave" with fabulous in-house MC Mac. That made me feel better, really.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

I don't know what's more embarassing.. the Preds or me in the tricycle race after the first period.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:31 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Old
10-16-2009, 12:50 AM
dulzhok

Wonder what the record is for worst goals per game average to start the season?

Wonder what the record is for worst goals per game average over the course of a season?

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 01:40 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Does Daunic ever come up with interesting post game questions? Lame talk with Colin Wilson. I learned that we play Washington next, and that we play Chicago again.
He never asks the players tough questions. A lot of times he'll spin stuff that happened in a game rather than call the players out on it. That's why my father and I have come to call him "Sunshine Willy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
It's usually a good idea to stay away from internet message boards when you're hammered. Just thought you should know.
Having read many of his posts in the past, I would say he's sober right now.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 01:48 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

As an outsider has there been any talk of Preds trading a dman like Hambuis to try and acquire more scoring?

Or moving a prospect or 2 or solid 2 way players like Alexei Ponikarovsky (Tor) or others?

WOuldn't put you over the top but would help.

Anyway, Nice game. Preds had me worried for a while as you were disrupting our transition game for most of 1st.

Good game though.

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 01:57 AM
JussiM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
Is it too early to be talking about Taylor Hall ?
Obviously not! Six games in, you can mail it in, the season's over.

JussiM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 01:57 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
As an outsider has there been any talk of Preds trading a dman like Hambuis to try and acquire more scoring?

Or moving a prospect or 2 or solid 2 way players like Alexei Ponikarovsky (Tor) or others?

WOuldn't put you over the top but would help.

Anyway, Nice game. Preds had me worried for a while as you were disrupting our transition game for most of 1st.

Good game though.
If we trade Hamhuis, any hope of having a decent defense is torched, because we'd have Laakso (has struggled somewhat), Sulzer (didn't look ready in September), and Klein (just... yeah) all out there together.

Besides, I'm not sure how much value he would have. he hasn't had a great start to the season either. The only strong performers on defense have been Suter, Weber, and Bouillon, and even those guys haven't been spectacular. I think we've made our bed with the players, a bed which they have royally crapped on thus far. If a change is coming soon, it's behind the bench, IMO.

When you think about it, this team really has enough talent to win on a fairly consistent basis. Sullivan, Arnott, and Dumont are all capable of 60-70 point or more seasons, while Erat and Legwand are capable of 50, and Weber and Suter can each chip in 40-50 points and 25 goals between them. We have a solid bottom six with lots of grit and two-way smarts, a third line that can contribute the occasional goal, and we should have at least two other decent defenders in Hamhuis and Bouillon. Our goaltenders both have established themselves as capable of stealing games or at least playing well enough to win. And yet, we've lost four in a row by a combined score of 16-2.

Muprhy's law is beating us in a back alley with a rattan cane.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 10-16-2009 at 03:33 AM.
worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 07:44 AM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
I'm a little bit upset... I wasn't given a block...

quartermaster29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 08:10 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
my question is this: are the guys laying down on Trotz or is Arnott a crappy leader? Are there locker room problems? Does Arnott/Dumont want out?

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote