HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Refs. vs. Wings

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2009, 02:16 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

vCash: 500
Trust me... it was 90% ref...10% Kings play...

Old
10-16-2009, 03:05 AM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

There are not enough asterisks to explain how I feel right now.

Old
10-16-2009, 03:58 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

the refs defintely missed a few tonight, but how about rising to the occasion, kill the penalties and turn the momentum around? That's what good teams tend to do. In tough situations, some teams respond by playing tougher, while the kings respond by having breakdowns up and down the ice....

they're still young, but they definitely need to be growing....giving up 4 and 5 goals in a game typically means you lose

Old
10-16-2009, 06:04 AM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
I knew this would happen if we lost these 2 games.
Yeah, it's almost funny how people's opinions change with a 180 after 1 game. (I think everybody agreed that the Kings outplayed New York, so that's why I say 1...)

First you read people saying how great the third line is, and how important those players are for the team and now you get this...

Also, I hope my alarm clock is going to wake me up for next game, because I slept through it for the past 2...

Old
10-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightKinger View Post
I love Kurrilino.
Join us. In the official Kurrilino Fan club

http://hfboards.com/group.php?groupid=61

Old
10-16-2009, 10:04 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Everyone clamoring for Stoll on the PP point should look at the brilliant, non-chalant one-handed attempt at receiving an easy pass that bounced over his stick with like 7 seconds left on the power play during the 3rd. It was probably the laziest play I've seen all season and I fully expected the puck to bounce over his stick like it did.

Seriously, I'd throw Drewiske back there and see what he can do. He looks to have that Quincey knack of getting the shot through or making the smart "miss-on-purpose" play that Lidstrom has perfected. I just really don't like having two forwards as part of the power play point-team.

Also, Richardson is the perfect 4th line center.

Lewis looked good last year playing with talent but he's invisible on the 4th line. I know he's young but I think he's kind of missed his window and there just won't be room on this team for him in the future as he continues to get passed on the depth chart. I think he can be thrown into the Matt Moulson and Brian Boyle pile.

Old
10-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Join us. In the official Kurrilino Fan club

http://hfboards.com/group.php?groupid=61
Yeah, this is happening.

Old
10-16-2009, 10:16 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Memo to Terry ******* Murray and Jamie Tampon

PP

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams/Brown
Doughty-Johnson

It's really not that hard. Wake the **** up already.

Old
10-16-2009, 10:17 AM
not tellin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Everyone clamoring for Stoll on the PP point should look at the brilliant, non-chalant one-handed attempt at receiving an easy pass that bounced over his stick with like 7 seconds left on the power play during the 3rd. It was probably the laziest play I've seen all season and I fully expected the puck to bounce over his stick like it did.

Seriously, I'd throw Drewiske back there and see what he can do. He looks to have that Quincey knack of getting the shot through or making the smart "miss-on-purpose" play that Lidstrom has perfected. I just really don't like having two forwards as part of the power play point-team.

Lewis looked good last year playing with talent but he's invisible on the 4th line. I know he's young but I think he's kind of missed his window and there just won't be room on this team for him in the future as he continues to get passed on the depth chart. I think he can be thrown into the Matt Moulson and Brian Boyle pile.
i agree and bound to score on kings first with whatever new team he is with.

Old
10-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I agree with people not blaming the refs. The refs sucked, no question about it. But the Kings didn't help themselves much and it almost looked like they weren't even trying in the 3rd period. I'm sure they were tired though. I saw the 1st and 3rd periods last night and it looked like two different teams. They deserved to lose that one regardless of how poorly the refs called the game.

No reason to panic. I think we all expected the worse with those two games and at least they put in a decent effort against the Rangers. Hopefully they can win these last two on the road.

Old
10-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Pucknut50

Kings showed no emotion after they went up 1-0. They started playing prevent defense in the first period! Detroit was struggling in the first and you have to step on the peddle with them. Why wait until you get behind 2-1 before you start actually trying. I played the game back and it shows the players not even breathing hard after their shifts. Well when they fell behind 2-1 you can see the players huffing and puffing after shifts. This team is not good enough to be playing less than 100%.

I hate Detroit but I was impressed with the way they went to spots along the board anticipating where the puck was going. Zetterberg is an amazing player he is in the right position 99% of the time.

Old
10-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
Memo to Terry ******* Murray and Jamie Tampon

PP

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams/Brown
Doughty-Johnson

It's really not that hard. Wake the **** up already.
No I think they should spend 100% of practice time killing penalties. I'm thinking the #1 PP unit probably looks great going against our crappy PK so TM thinks their fine.
PK is killing us boys and not sure how to fix it. Gauthier made alot of bone head mistakes last year but he was great on the PK. I agree with Fox the Kings PK box is to large they need to tighten it up and quit running around.

Old
10-16-2009, 12:14 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
i just wanna know why the hell the 4th line and third pairing were out there at the end of the game. Obviously Murray didnt want to make any sort of comeback. And why didnt anyone go after maltby after he stuck his leg out intentionally to trip kopitar. **** the wings and refs!

Old
10-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Quattro

I have 3 comments:

1. I'm pissed that nobody on the Kings pounded Cleary. Simmonds was the best candidate but someone should have done it.

2. That holding call on Stoll might have been the worst call I've ever seen in a hockey game. That ref should be suspended.

3. Ryan Smyth was terrible.

Old
10-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
I agree with people not blaming the refs. The refs sucked, no question about it. But the Kings didn't help themselves much and it almost looked like they weren't even trying in the 3rd period. I'm sure they were tired though. I saw the 1st and 3rd periods last night and it looked like two different teams. They deserved to lose that one regardless of how poorly the refs called the game.

No reason to panic. I think we all expected the worse with those two games and at least they put in a decent effort against the Rangers. Hopefully they can win these last two on the road.
Now that I've had some time to digest this loss, I agree. A young team has to learn to deal with these things. When we discuss how we got jobbed by the refs (which yes, I DO feel the reffing affected the outcome of the game, but I'm not attributing the brunt of the blame there), Wings fans will just say "Hossa shot last year," and they've got a point: good teams find a way to win.

I think Terry Murry can make this a learning experience for our team. Someone earlier pointed out just how freaking deflated the bench looked after that series of calls/no-calls/goals. The team hasn't had to fight through much adversity for their wins this year, and the last two games, we've seen a few incidents that just chip away at a team's confidence. They need to get that confidence back by battling, and learn to rebound when the bounces/Refwings/soft goals don't go your way.

The Kings have shown they can play with a lead (it's not pretty, but they win); now they need to learn how to battle from behind.

Old
10-16-2009, 12:48 PM
ashenhigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
i just wanna know why the hell the 4th line and third pairing were out there at the end of the game. Obviously Murray didnt want to make any sort of comeback. And why didnt anyone go after maltby after he stuck his leg out intentionally to trip kopitar. **** the wings and refs!
That was Cleary who did that. I was shocked too actually, Cleary never does that stuff. Kopitar looked a little shaken up after it, he's my #1 center in my fantasy league so I was gonna be so pissed if he got injured.

Old
10-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Anyone know around what time in the second that the Cleary/Kopitar incident happened? I haven't seen it.

Old
10-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Ollie Weeks

Urgh. Longest road trip of the season. On to Columbus and Dallas, I say.

Old
10-16-2009, 01:00 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post

That's what I was thinking. Either that or recall Hickey.

Old
10-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Agree with the above comments.

Also, is anyone slightly worried about team toughness at this point? They seem to have lost the 'edge' they had in the first few games. Could be fatigue I suppose, but no one even tried to get physically involved when the chips were down.

Old
10-16-2009, 01:40 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
First goal allowed by Quick was awful as well. You can't get beat on the short side if you are playing the angle correctly. That is just unacceptable. Only positive was Brown getting off the snide.

Quick had it covered correctly on the first goal. It was just bad luck.

Old
10-16-2009, 01:42 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
the refs defintely missed a few tonight, but how about rising to the occasion, kill the penalties and turn the momentum around? That's what good teams tend to do. In tough situations, some teams respond by playing tougher, while the kings respond by having breakdowns up and down the ice....

they're still young, but they definitely need to be growing....giving up 4 and 5 goals in a game typically means you lose
It was the veterans that caved last night. Mental mistakes by O'Donell, Smyth, and Stoll all led to goals either by bad play or penalties.

Old
10-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Agree with the above comments.

Also, is anyone slightly worried about team toughness at this point? They seem to have lost the 'edge' they had in the first few games. Could be fatigue I suppose, but no one even tried to get physically involved when the chips were down.
yes, yes, yes, and yes

Old
10-16-2009, 01:51 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
It was the veterans that caved last night. Mental mistakes by O'Donell, Smyth, and Stoll all led to goals either by bad play or penalties.
Stoll's penalty was a bad call by the refs and I don't blame Stoll for that. If anything, Stoll had one of his better games imo. He led the kings in shots and was very affective in faceoffs. As for Smyth's penalties, I could do without the slash penalty but I also think the wings dman did let go of the stick rather easily. The hooking penalty came because Smyth was just trying too hard, a bit overzealous imo.

Old
10-16-2009, 02:25 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
There are not enough asterisks to explain how I feel right now.
Speaking of asterisks...whatever became of Barry Bonds???

Closed Thread