HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shawn Belle recalled! (WTF?)

Old
10-16-2009, 12:37 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Belle was solid and has a great shot as demonstrated tonight. The person I'm irate at is Gill. Belle showed he deserves to be playing in the NHL at least as a 7th D. He played better than Gill IMO.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 01:30 AM
JackZap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Belle was solid and has a great shot as demonstrated tonight. The person I'm irate at is Gill. Belle showed he deserves to be playing in the NHL at least as a 7th D. He played better than Gill IMO.
wasnt Belle -2? He was on the ice for the last goal, leaving the forward completely alone in front of Carey.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 02:15 AM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Tell that to Keith Ballard.
He would tell you that these are very different situations.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
Totally understand what you're saying, but I don't think that the American in African-American is USA. It is like saying Native American; it is a reference to North America. Either way, I don't think it was racist, but rather an attempt to be politically correct. At the same time, they don't usually say, we are going to call up Weber, a white guy from Switzerland, so it is being overly conscious of his skin colour, which is borderline racism.
You're wrong...African-American means a person of African descent, living in America, specifically the USA. I understand it's an attempt to be politically correct and that's fine...but Shawn Belle is NOT African-American.

He's Canadian just like me...

As for his play last night...I thought he looked ok. He probably should of stayed put on the last goal to cover the slot but at the same time, Gionta was a bit slow reacting to cover for him as well. The defensive rotation on that play was a little off.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 08:40 AM
PunkinDrublic*

S Belle had an alright game last night. Stop putting the blame on the young guys. What about the 4 other players on the ice ???? Like Gomez who gave up on the play, while he was whining at the ref ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 08:42 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
You're wrong...African-American means a person of African descent, living in America, specifically the USA. I understand it's an attempt to be politically correct and that's fine...but Shawn Belle is NOT African-American.

As for his play last night...I thought he looked ok. He probably should of stayed put on the last goal to cover the slot but at the same time, Gionta was a bit slow reacting to cover for him as well. The defensive rotation on that play was a little off.
I also say that a fight was about to come but never did. At this point we lost focus on the defencive coverage and a goal came about. Mara just should had droped them but I guess with our PK being terrible, He had to think.....thinking can be bad.....reaction is what you want,.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
S Belle had an alright game last night. Stop putting the blame on the young guys. What about the 4 other players on the ice ???? Like Gomez who gave up on the play, while he was whining at the ref ?
I think there was a multitude of errors on that play...the Habs initially failed to get the puck deep in the Rangers zone after they had had sustained pressure. So the players on the ice couldn't change. Gomez & Mara both lost their 1 on 1 battles in the corner and the defensive rotation was slow to react.

No need to point the finger at one person...the 5 man unit that was on the ice is responsible for that breakdown.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 10:04 AM
TinordiandSubban

Was impressed with his speed and he's got a helluva shot, seemed to play with a bit of swagger as the game went on.
With the right coaching could be a solid Dman.
Noticed he's not on the depth chart or prospect's list anymore though.
Seems like an oversight, he's got more of a future than Emelin anyways.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Flambergius

I thought he played well enough overall. But I wouldn't be raving about his shot yet, seemed hard enough, but not very accurate. Also he seemed need to set up for the shot, which usually leads to more blocked shots.

Flambergius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 10:55 AM
A Zen Master

I thought he had a horrible training cap (I'm not the only one as he got cut pretty fast), but he didn't look out of place last night and I am glad people like Guy Boucher are making good calls in sending up the right guys from Hamilton.

A Zen Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 11:50 AM
King Of The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
It was his 10th NHL game ever.

Belle played rather well, but he made a mistake and cost us a goal.
how do you call a puck bouncing off his skate and going in our net (by fluke i might add!) as costing us a goal and his mistake??
he was in front of the net, in position, and had his man tied up like he was suppose too.

Quincey threw the puck at the net (and good things happen when you put the puck at the net) and he got a lucky bounce off Belle's skate

King Of The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Bacchus1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post

You missed my point, and maybe I missed your original point. I thought you were commenting about the "American" part, and not the African. In my mind he is Canadian, he is black, and most probably he is of African descent. But I don't really care. If your objection was with the African part, then I have no comment.

I hope he continues to play well. It seems like we need some sturdy stay at homeness on our back end. Looks like he had a couple of bad breaks that cost us goals, but it was his first game, and hopefully they will give him a couple of more kicks at the can.

Last edited by Bacchus1: 10-16-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Bacchus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 12:21 PM
fatmax

I ws really impress by his play, way ahead of Weber, good call by managment

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 01:03 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
I ws really impress by his play, way ahead of Weber, good call by managment
I understand that he is up on emergency basis and therefore does not have to clear waivers. What happens when Bergeron comes up? It may be as early as this Tuesday as the Dogs play three games in four days. The Habs would then have 6 regular Dmen, so does Belle have to go down or can he stay as the 7th and not have to worry about waivers?

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 01:13 PM
PacoXIII

Shawn Belle deserves to play in he NHL. He has the speed for the NHL and he has the size. All he lacks is the XP. He took a pretty good shot and did some pretty good plays. Two minor mistakes which by the way were caused by other players made him have that -2. I really liked what I saw.

PacoXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Thinkbig

I really enjoyed watching Belle play yesterday night. Everytime he was on the ice, I looked at him to see if he made errors.. And I really like him I must say. He looks pretty solid, with big hits (way harder than all the little hits thrown by Gorges), good shot, good size and good speed.

Also, it was his first game... I'm quite impressed. I hope we keep him in the team instead of Bergeron.

Also, he's good friend with Subban, so who knows, maybe he'll be paired with Subban in the near future in the NHL!

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote