HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Refs. vs. Wings

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 383
any youtubes of the cleary leg drag?

Old
10-16-2009, 03:36 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
any youtubes of the cleary leg drag?
I was about to put one up.

It will take me 20-30 minutes to get it uploaded.

Old
10-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I was about to put one up.

It will take me 20-30 minutes to get it uploaded.
Perfect. Some Wings fans are in denial

Old
10-16-2009, 04:11 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Here you go:

http://lakingsnews.com/2009/10/16/th...kopitar-is-ok/

Old
10-16-2009, 04:25 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Terrible miss call there for sure.

Old
10-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I have 3 comments:

1. I'm pissed that nobody on the Kings pounded Cleary. Simmonds was the best candidate but someone should have done it.
This Nickson and Evans said that Cleary obviously pushed out his leg to hit Kopitar, and the Kings did NOTHING.

Someone needs to step up their game, because if they take a cheap shot at your franchise, you need to take a harder shot at their franchise, PERIOD.

This team is softer than the teams from the last 2 years, if that's possible.

Quick's soft first goal didn't help either. His poor play makes the skaters take dumb penalties, because they don't have the confidence in him to bail them out if they get caught.

It's just the first game against the hated RW, if we can get a season split, I'd take that. They'll play better next time (whay else can you say?)

Old
10-16-2009, 04:54 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

If the league doesn't suspend Cleary...then I KNOW the NHL has a bias against the Kings...

Old
10-16-2009, 05:24 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLudwig View Post
If the league doesn't suspend Cleary...then I KNOW the NHL has a bias against the Kings...
C'mon man...you complain about the refs every time we lose! I think you complained about the refs during an untelevised pre-season game this season.

Officiating was bad but the Kings were worse. Also, Brown dives every game and gets the call against the other team. I actually think the Kings have had one of the better PP-to-PK ratios over the past few years.

Old
10-16-2009, 06:06 PM
not tellin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
C'mon man...you complain about the refs every time we lose! I think you complained about the refs during an untelevised pre-season game this season.

Officiating was bad but the Kings were worse. Also, Brown dives every game and gets the call against the other team. I actually think the Kings have had one of the better PP-to-PK ratios over the past few years.
seriously, i don't know how my favorite player in the NHL is now one of my least favorite on my favorite team. i can't stand that kind of play, i know the new rules almost encourage that kind of play but i think its disgusting. in the end, the really good teams find ways to over come some bad calls throughout the course of the season. i don't think what cleary did was clean by any means but i don't think there was any malicious intent there, i think he did what every player does which was an attempt to slow up a players momentum he has going through the neutral zone. he just happened to clip him in what turned into a pretty scary momentary incident. minor penalty for sure, not suspension worthy by any means.

Old
10-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLudwig View Post
He will not get suspended for something that should have been a 2 minute penalty.

Old
10-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
He will not get suspended for something that should have been a 2 minute penalty.
Ron's back! Were you in Guantanamo Bay again?

Old
10-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Ron's back! Were you in Guantanamo Bay again?
Sometimes it feels like it.....I have just been working too much lately.

Old
10-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Reading some of the comments from Murray about the goaltending, Bernier may get a call up sooner rather than later. Quick is not as ready to be a #1 as we thought. He has given up a bad goal every game just like Labs used too.

Old
10-16-2009, 07:24 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Reading some of the comments from Murray about the goaltending, Bernier may get a call up sooner rather than later. Quick is not as ready to be a #1 as we thought. He has given up a bad goal every game just like Labs used too.
No, he hasn't.

What has Bernier shown that says he's ready other than being a high draft pick?

Old
10-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
No, he hasn't.

What has Bernier shown that says he's ready other than being a high draft pick?
I disagree with Sydor25 that Quick will get swapped soon or has shown enough to have it even be considered, but Bernier has played very well so far this season in Manchester. He has played in 4 games, has a 1.50 GAA, 0.957%, and three wins so far. Not enough to earn a spot on the Kings, but he so far is showing enough to maybe get a second look sometime throughout the season if he keeps it up.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
10-16-2009, 07:52 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I disagree with Sydor25 that Quick will get swapped soon or has shown enough to have it even be considered, but Bernier has played very well so far this season in Manchester. He has played in 4 games, has a 1.50 GAA, 0.957%, and three wins so far. Not enough to earn a spot on the Kings, but he so far is showing enough to maybe get a second look sometime throughout the season if he keeps it up.
Bernier is definitely doing what he's supposed to be doing in the AHL and doing it well, but I'm just not a fan of the whole idea that we have these players in our system not playing even though some posters think they're better than our current players.

Quick had a bad first game, and a unlucky/bad goal against Detroit but he's played better than his stats indicate, see the Sharks game where all 4 goals were pretty much unstoppable and due to our atrocious PK.

Bernier is in the AHL for a reason and that's because Terry Murray doesn't think he's ready to be an NHL starter, or because he thinks Quick is better, or both. The idea that Murray's frame of mind on that situation has changed in 7 games is asinine, especially considering the Murray quote on goaltending refers to a game Ersberg played and the Detroit game.

Old
10-16-2009, 09:06 PM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I have 3 comments:

1. I'm pissed that nobody on the Kings pounded Cleary. Simmonds was the best candidate but someone should have done it.
Yeah would have loved someone to go up to Mr. Cleary and tell him, "Umm, Hi Mr. Clearly we are the new Kings and we don't like what you just did to Anze, so I'm gonna have to pound your freakin face in". Unfortunately again no one did a thing. Our Captain-nope(not a fighter), Simmonds-nope(just not a mean guy. Will never initiate a fight until someone challanges him), and well no-one else. Although, they've been a lot better this year, still disappointed.

Old
10-16-2009, 09:21 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
And there you have it. The Captain, injecting a little common sense.

Old
10-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
And this is why Gauthier should've been brought back.

Old
10-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
And this is why Gauthier should've been brought back.
So he could cough up the puck to Maltby on a shanked pass who would immediately score on a wrist shot over Quick's left shoulder?

Old
10-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
So he could cough up the puck to Maltby on a shanked pass who would immediately score on a wrist shot over Quick's left shoulder?

Old
10-16-2009, 11:09 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

How soon we forget Ivanans against San Jose or all the pre-season action.

It's the ****ing Detroit Red Wings. They will not engage, especially when you are trying to get retribution in a tight game. You can watch a fight tape of all the Red Wings fights this decade in like 25 minutes.

The Kings know this and so does everyone else. They wanted to win the game and it was close until the Doughty turnover. Refresh my memory, but wasn't that under five mintues remaining? So now you're going to get a suspension over a tripping minor that was nowhere near as bad as you guys are making it out to be?

I'll be the first to call these guys ******* and I live for the rough stuff. At the least, the physical guys on this team stepped up their physical play after the incident: most notably Greene and O'Donnell. I believe OD flattened Cleary right off the faceoff on the Zetterberg goal and they were cross-checking him every chance they got the rest of the game.

If it was 5-2 in the second period than yeah, they would have made someone fight if Cleary wouldn't. I think everyone is way off base saying they are wussier than the last couple of years, especially when using a Red Wings game as an example.

Was it Mr Irreverent that said he wanted to see how everyone said the sky was falling after we would lose these two games in a row? Obviously he was right.

Old
10-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Like Doughty did? At least Gauthier would've made up for it but putting Zetterberg out of the game with a cheapshot.

Old
10-16-2009, 11:15 PM
MxK1NGS

Waaay to early to talking about switching goalies. Give it a month more then you could maybe start talking about bringing up Bernier.

Old
10-16-2009, 11:19 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quick was 2nd star of the ****ing week.

So many people here need to give their heads a shake. Team is still over .500 and is on pace for what many optimists hoped for. They just lost to two better teams on the road. It's going to happen several times this season...you think we'd all be used to this by now?

Closed Thread