HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why not make An offer for Verteeg or Sharp?

Old
10-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
Why not make An offer for Verteeg or Sharp?

Why not make a trade offer for Sharp or Versteeg?
Offer up Kreps & Koistenen for one of Versteeg/Sharp. Add a pick if it will help even out more. They are looking to dump salary. Sharp makes $3.9M & Verteeg makes just over $3.066M and are both signed for 2 more seasons after the current one. Koistenen makes $1.2M and is signed for one more season after current one and Kreps makes $682,500K and is an UFA after this season. With Moore now on the team it really limits Kreps at center and I feel makes him expendable and this helps Chicago cut like they want. I don't think we can get Sharp for Kreps/Koistenen but really think Versteeg can be had for those 2 considering Chicago needs the cap space! I think Versteeg would look pretty sweet playing on a line with Frolik!

Quote:
SPORTSNET.CA: Nick Kypreos reports the salary cap is making it difficult to keep great teams together, noting the Blackhawks salary cap issues could force management into dumping some players to clear sufficient space to re-sign Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane and Duncan Keith. Kypreos lists Patrick Sharp, Dustin Byfuglien and Kris Versteeg as possible trade candidates.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 12:49 PM
ShootIt

Makes no sense to trade them now.

Wait until the Draft to deal those players.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 12:51 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Offer up Kreps & Koistenen for one of Versteeg/Sharp. Add a pick if it will help even out more. They are looking to dump salary. Sharp makes $3.9M & Verteeg makes just over $3.066M and are both signed for 2 more seasons after the current one. Koistenen makes $1.2M and is signed for one more season after current one and Kreps makes $682,500K and is an UFA after this season. With Moore now on the team it really limits Kreps at center and I feel makes him expendable and this helps Chicago cut like they want. I don't think we can get Sharp for Kreps/Koistenen but really think Versteeg can be had for those 2 considering Chicago needs the cap space! I think Versteeg would look pretty sweet playing on a line with Frolik!
Its going to take more than that to get one of those two. They will probably want a high pick, and/or prospect, not our leftovers.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Makes no sense to trade them now.

Wait until the Draft to deal those players.
yeah but we can get an early start discussing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Its going to take more than that to get one of those two. They will probably want a high pick, and/or prospect, not our leftovers.
you think they would go for Matthias/Kreps & a 2nd rd pick for Sharp?

Old
10-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Laus723
Future Now

I'd be down with either player. One thing's for sure, it won't cost an arm and a leg to land whomever they decide to ship out. I'd happily give a first for a proven NHLer.

10-17-2009, 01:17 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
yeah but we can get an early start discussing it.

you think they would go for Matthias/Kreps & a 2nd rd pick for Sharp?
True.

I think they would want picks/ players on ELCs.

I like that second deal. I don't know how much they would value Kreps since he'll be a RFA for the 10-11 season.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 01:31 PM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Quote:
If we got Sharp or Versteeg for Koistinen and Kreps I would laugh SO hard at the Hawks...
That would basically give us them for free.
I don't mind moving Matthias neither.

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 02:23 PM
RainingRats

we would probably have to give up something like Matthias and Ellerby or Matthias and Repik or even Kulikov(which we wouldn't do). Veersteeg and Sharp are excellent young players. Dustin could be had for less, imo. ALSO, we would have to sign them to a long term contract which could cost as much as Booth's but likely more.

I would be very interested in snagging one of those guys.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
we would probably have to give up something like Matthias and Ellerby or Matthias and Repik or even Kulikov(which we wouldn't do). Veersteeg and Sharp are excellent young players. Dustin could be had for less, imo. ALSO, we would have to sign them to a long term contract which could cost as much as Booth's but likely more.

I would be very interested in snagging one of those guys.
Both Sharp and Versteeg are signed through the 2011-12 season so we wouldn't have to worry about that for couple years.

Old
10-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Koistinen would clear waivers if waived

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote