HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THN eating crow over their Rangers 13th in the east prediction

Old
10-16-2009, 04:09 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Kind of reminds me of the 05-06 season. I think I like the Rangers being picked as underdogs.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 06:39 PM
darko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I still do not see any reasonable explanation why Z was let go. He would be better that the guy on my avatar ( I am a Chris fan). If he was kept, we might not be spotted 13th.
He wanted way too much money. Also Slats would've traded him if anyone wanted him, even if it's for a low draft pick. I know some people see it as bad asset management (letting him walk) but I see it as an addition by subtraction.

Higgins has started slow but should pick it up.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 01:58 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I read the Messier interview a few weeks ago. Here is Messier's complete quote.

http://thehockeynews.com/articles/28...k-Messier.html

Messier had some interesting thoughts.
Mark still talks like a player who laces em' up every night. He still has alot of passion for the game.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 06:23 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
“I did an interview the other day, and I may not know much about hockey,’’ mused the Hall of Fame forward, who was front and center in the Oiler dynasty of the 1980s, “but they had us picked to finish 13th in the conference. I think it’s kind of hard to pick us there when we’ve got such a great goaltender [Henrik Lundqvist] and we’ve got a coach [John Tortorella] who has won a Stanley Cup recently [2004 in Tampa]. I’m not sure how that adds up to 13th in the conference.’’
Be nice now Mark

Quote:
“His training camp was very taxing, both emotionally and physically, no doubt about that,’’ said Messier, the hero of the Rangers’ Cup win in ’94. “But he wants to play that game, with skating such an essential part, and for that to happen, conditioning has to be there for you to sustain it. You add it together, the goaltending and the balanced scoring, and we’ve been able to get off to an excellent start.
Our next GM

Quote:
“It has been a great opportunity for me to come into the organization and see how it runs in a lot of different areas,’’ said Messier. “I’m getting a great overview of all of it - scouting, sales and marketing - and I spend a lot of time with Glen, learning all the different facets of management.

“I never looked at hockey as a job, so even though there are a lot of different things to learn and challenges, it just doesn’t feel like a job.’’
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...actors/?page=1

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

You all just don't understand. THN just does the standings from the bottom up. It's the only way to explain us being picked 13th. It actually means we should be third

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:51 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
...and 7 assists...
Its the KHL... Not NHL. What does that translate to into NHL numbers?

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote