HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#8 - 10.17.09 | NY Rangers @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
10-18-2009, 09:08 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

I thought the Rangers looked slow tonight.

I thought they also lost more board battles than they won and had the talent level been equal, they probably would have lost.

I was less than impressed with this win.

That makes two in a row.

If they do not get their crap together by 7pm tomorrow, they are going to get hurt....bigtime and while it has to happen sometime, I'd hate to lose a game because we were not playing the way we are supposed to play.

A loss is a loss, but I'd rather play well and lose and know that we truly got beat by the better team that night, than to feel like we lost because we didn't do things they right way.

The Kings games was a lucky win, last nights game was a little better, but still not where we were against Anaheim.

They need to be better tomorrow night than they were last night.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:24 AM
SML

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak10r View Post
As a disclaimer Im probably the only one here who has a #34 jersey...
If that jersey doesn't sat "VanBiesbrouck" on the back then I really don't know what to say to you, other than don't ever jersey shop based on a beginning of the season hot streak again.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 09:30 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I thought the Rangers looked slow tonight.

I thought they also lost more board battles than they won and had the talent level been equal, they probably would have lost.

I was less than impressed with this win.

That makes two in a row.

If they do not get their crap together by 7pm tomorrow, they are going to get hurt....bigtime and while it has to happen sometime, I'd hate to lose a game because we were not playing the way we are supposed to play.

A loss is a loss, but I'd rather play well and lose and know that we truly got beat by the better team that night, than to feel like we lost because we didn't do things they right way.

The Kings games was a lucky win, last nights game was a little better, but still not where we were against Anaheim.

They need to be better tomorrow night than they were last night.
Come on, there is no team in the league that is going to dominate every game, no matter who the opposition is. Let's just be happy we're getting wins now even in games in where the team isn't playing at 100%. Also, teams we play now actually expect us to be good, and start pressing a lot... which is all the better.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 10:02 AM
SML

No team is going to come out and give the kind of performance we did vs Anaheim every single night. The game against the Leafs was a layup, but it's that kind of game that this team has traditionally NOT been able to put away. I'm glad they did. At the end of the season, the only thing that matters is how many points you have, you may not have deserved them all, and you may have flat out stolen some, but either you have them or you don't. I don't expect this team to keep up this pace for the whole season. They are firing on all cylinders and all you can do is enjoy the good times while they last. But a great streak now is so important, because it puts you in the drivers seat later in the year, when other teams have to go on a great streak to catch up to you.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 10:03 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
it's one of those things that I can't really be mad if they lose. 7 in a row, holy crap. If they win I will be even more pumped

I was at the Leaf game. Good win overall. Leafs did pretty good in the first half of the game then the Rangers took it over

The Staal goal was terrible but kudos to him pinching and getting the wrap around. Glad to see Lisin score

I like the idea of switching Avery and Higgins on lines just to get them going offensively. They have won 7 in a row but as crazy as it sounds its because of the 1st line, the Special Teams and Henrik
Of course, If they only lose vs. the Sharks I have no problem either, but if they continue to take this many penalties, and get outplayed and outhustled for large parts, it's gonna be difficult to win even half the games. They just have to pick it up again and play like they did before those last two games.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:04 AM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

I think some people are forgetting the fact that the Leafs where going to and did go all out last night to try and get a win. Having off for about a week before and after the game, feeling the heat in the Toronto media/press, etc.

I'm sure we'll play better on Monday. But, San Jose is a solid team, so who knows what the outcome will be...

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:56 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
Since when is Wilson know for being soft towards his players?
You're right. He's not. He probably figures ripping them yet another new one in the media is pushing it a bit far. By stating the obvious he's cutting them some slack. He can't risk losing this team so early.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 01:08 PM
ThirdEye

Ok, I can see Lundqvist being an excuse in this game, but what about all the other games?

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 01:57 PM
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

I thought they were going to lose this game for some reason

Last edited by NYSportsfan87: 10-18-2009 at 02:10 PM.
NYSportsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 02:05 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotsyJr View Post
I think some people are forgetting the fact that the Leafs where going to and did go all out last night to try and get a win. Having off for about a week before and after the game, feeling the heat in the Toronto media/press, etc.

I'm sure we'll play better on Monday. But, San Jose is a solid team, so who knows what the outcome will be...
San Jose is a top heavy team

Quote:
Heatley-Thornton-Nichol
Clowe-Marleau-Setoguchi
Ortmeyer-Malhotra-Ferriero
Shelley-Vesce-Staubitz
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/...-half-the-fun/

Pavelski is out with a lower body injury.

Boyle
Blake
Vlasic Pickle
Huskins
Murray
Alternate a kid defenseman

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 02:14 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers don't play the Laughs again until March 27 in TO and for the last time in the 2nd to last home game on April 7.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 03:55 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Come on, there is no team in the league that is going to dominate every game, no matter who the opposition is. Let's just be happy we're getting wins now even in games in where the team isn't playing at 100%. Also, teams we play now actually expect us to be good, and start pressing a lot... which is all the better.
Yup. Even those Sharks that we play tommorow played like crap yesterday for first period and a half against Isles.

2 lacklustre efforts in last 2 games but most importantly we have 2 wins. Last year we probably would've lost both.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 04:36 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
San Jose is a top heavy team
Agreed. But those top 2 lines are pretty damn good. Then having Nabokov ain't bad. Should be another good test for the Rangers. I think we can/should win though since it's at home.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 05:03 PM
NYR Viper

Defensively they are weak. That is where the Rangers will have to do their damage.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote